• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bergara has a new rimfire.

What type of foam/rubber did you use and where did you get it? I want to install a pad like this but don’t want the material to be too soft. If it were too soft, I think it might interfere with getting a consistent head/cheek position.
I just bought some sheets of foam from the craft section at Walmart. They were only $0.98 each. The foam I used is really thin, so there is no issue getting a consistent head/cheek position, but it’s just thick enough to make the rifle feel more comfortable.

I just bought some sheets of foam from the craft section at Walmart. They were only $0.98 each. The foam I used is really thin, so there is no issue getting a consistent head/cheek position, but it’s just thick enough to make the rifle feel more comfortable.
Thanks. I'm thinking of installing a thicker pad on my KRG Bravo. The optimal height of the cheek piece interferes with the rear of the bolt on the Tikka action. I was thinking a pad about 1/4" thick would give me the right height. Going with a pad that thick, I'd have to ensure it was firm enough to give me the consistency I need. I'll try the craft store route. Thanks again.

Thanks. I'm thinking of installing a thicker pad on my KRG Bravo. The optimal height of the cheek piece interferes with the rear of the bolt on the Tikka action. I was thinking a pad about 1/4" thick would give me the right height. Going with a pad that thick, I'd have to ensure it was firm enough to give me the consistency I need. I'll try the craft store route. Thanks again.
I bought a roll of it on Amazon worked great on my pdc chassis'

These suede sheets are another cheek pad alternative:
Thin but comfy

Reactions: Sparky1985
Kinda waiting on the CF barreled versions to ship and see/hear some reports on how it performs. Bergara and CF barrels is an unknown at this time, save the CF BXR 10/22 clone.

Like the HMR Pro? It’d be hard to justify that - might as well go Vudoo if you’re already looking at $1600+ in a proprietary clone.

I'm sorry if this has been brought up already,
but are dealers selling the B14r in barreled-action form yet?

And if not, will they be in the future?
I've seen some online listings for this part # B14RBA001 that suggests they retail around $650 (with no stock), but everyone is either "pre-order" or "out-of-stock."
All the parts are obviously in the wild with the full rifle setups being used?

(And yes, I know the stock can be sold-off and
replaced in the PX if one were to want to go that route-before someone suggests that)

Last edited:
I'm sorry if this has been brought up already,
but are dealers selling the B14r in barreled-action form yet?

And if not, will they be in the future?
I've seen some online listings for this part # B14RBA001 that suggests they retail around $650 (with no stock), but everyone is either "pre-order" or "out-of-stock."
All the parts are obviously in the wild with the full rifle setups being used?

(And yes, I know the stock can be sold-off and
replaced in the PX if one were to want to go that route-before someone suggest that)
Last I seen(this week) the barreled actions are about 40 to 50 days out still

$649. for B14R BA's pre-order @ Brownells.
$649.00 is MAP pricing. You can get them cheaper if you call around.

Last edited:
Reactions: nakoa01
I just wish I could hey the carbon fiber barrel version in my hands. I would buy a grande or manners for it but really would prefer the gun. Told that the gun will be available before barreled actions

Reactions: Frankr
I was assuming you placed the decimal in the incorrect spot 611.70 - my apologies
Ahh, no need whatsoever to apologize. Besides, I can't even afford a Proof barrel, way to many other options on the market at a lot less money. Especially when they use a Bentz chamber.

Ahh, no need whatsoever to apologize. Besides, I can't even afford a Proof barrel, way to many other options on the market at a lot less money. Especially when they use a Bentz chamber.
Bergara carbon barrels are made by Proof? And who said Proof uses Bentz chambers for all their 22s?

Bergara carbon barrels are made by Proof? And who said Proof uses Bentz chambers for all their 22s?
Please proceed to the highlighted area for your crow sandwich. Does this count?

1585524666347.png

• Wow
Reactions: olive drab
I was asking questions, calm down. I didnt see anything on their website about chamber and in the RimX thread, users were saying their Proof pre fit was engraving rifling when chambered.

So is Proof making Bergara's carbon barrels?

I was asking questions, calm down. I didnt see anything on their website about chamber and in the RimX thread, users were saying their Proof pre fit was engraving rifling when chambered.

So is Proof making Bergara's carbon barrels?

I don't know who is making the carbon barrel for Bergara. I would hope Bergara is making their own barrel. Apologies on jumping the gun on your previous comment, I didn't realize you were actually asking a question. Yeah, I know, you had question marks at the end of the sentence.

Is it true that the barrel action from bergara that they sell does not come with "COMPLETE BOLT" with it? Thanks

Finally got some 100 yard time in with mild winds and temps. A few gusts caught me off guard, but overall the Federal UM22 performed well.
20200330_153941.jpg

Reactions: Kisssofdeath
Rimfire benchrest is not on fire like shooting steel is. The size of the steel targets reduces the need for pinpoint accuracy, so there are more than a few guns that can compete and win.

I don't know what the .22 steel matches are like where you live, but the ones I have shot, had enough very small targets that there is no chance of winning unless your rifle is a tack driver. An extremely small difference in accuracy won't matter as much (like it would in benchrest), but nobody is going to win without a true tack driver.

Reactions: EscapeVelocity
Yep. To win at any NRL22 match in my parts, you'll need a gun that'll do at least 1 MOA @50 yards, 100% of the time, which is far easier said than done. Throw in a few stages with that damn 1/4" KYL target at 40 yards, and anything less than a tack-driver becomes a liability.

Is anybody having ejection problems with there b-14s? When I'm out at the range I always get a few casings that fall off the extractor and stay in the action, preventing me from being able to load the next round. I don't know if its from running the bolt too fast or something else, but its pretty annoying when it happens in the middle of a stage.

Is anybody having ejection problems with there b-14s? When I'm out at the range I always get a few casings that fall off the extractor and stay in the action, preventing me from being able to load the next round. I don't know if its from running the bolt too fast or something else, but its pretty annoying when it happens in the middle of a stage.
This happened to me too a couple of times. In my case I assume that I didn't run the bolt all the way back. This rifle has a fixed ejector.
I pay attention to how to operate the bolt now and have no more issues. Just do it slowly, Look in the open bolt area and you should see what I mean. The ejector is the little part behind the magazine, the bolt runs over it and the cartridge runs against it and gets ejected.

Mine has functioned perfect from the start.

Reactions: nakoa01
Will only happen if you short stroke the bolt. Operate firmly and it will not fail.

Reactions: Schütze
I have a ba pre-ordered. I'll probably put it in a Grayboe. Can anyone tell me if the bottom metal is a 700 inlet, or an M5? Thanks!

That's because you shoot a 100k rounds a year and therefore know how to run a bolt action properly ;)
By the way, thank you very much for your posts and great reviews.
Thanks it is appreciated. Also, take a zero off and that's probably a very accurate number. Edit: Just did a round count for my B-14R and so far this year I have shot over 4,000 rounds out if it. It's hard to tell how many rounds I shoot in a year.

Last edited:
$649. for B14R BA's pre-order @ Brownells.
$649.00 is MAP pricing. You can get them cheaper if you call around.
One of the retailers is anticipating $558. Here is the UPC code if you want to sign up for in stock alerts...

So finally got in some match ammo and did some testing. Wow. I love this rifle. It seems it likes any match ammo I put through it so far.
The bolt seems to have went from smooth to really smooth from cycling a few hundred rounds. Even the trigger I thought was better than the Bergara HMR triggers I've shot in the past.
I also noted how this feels very much like a centerfire rifle minus the shorter bolt throw. I see why the 700 patterned rifles have the appeal they do. Pair that with its pin point accuracy with Lapua Center X, and it's not lacking anything in my opinion.

Here's my 5 shot groups at 50 yards as I ran them through my chrono, and added the SD numbers at the bottom. I didn't have much ammo to spare for additional larger groups for chrono numbers, but this should provide enough sample size for ammo performance through the rifle.

Attachments

• 20200422_123726.jpg
    20200422_123726.jpg
    367 KB · Views: 108
I think its highly unlikely you will see a barreled action before Christmas. They have not been able to produce the rifles that are back ordered from last year.

So finally got in some match ammo and did some testing. Wow. I love this rifle. It seems it likes any match ammo I put through it so far.
The bolt seems to have went from smooth to really smooth from cycling a few hundred rounds. Even the trigger I thought was better than the Bergara HMR triggers I've shot in the past.
I also noted how this feels very much like a centerfire rifle minus the shorter bolt throw. I see why the 700 patterned rifles have the appeal they do. Pair that with its pin point accuracy with Lapua Center X, and it's not lacking anything in my opinion.

Here's my 5 shot groups at 50 yards as I ran them through my chrono, and added the SD numbers at the bottom. I didn't have much ammo to spare for additional larger groups for chrono numbers, but this should provide enough sample size for ammo performance through the rifle.
That's typical with what I see with my B-14R.

Here is a couple of targets I shot last time I had it out. The Eley BR Outlaw was $4.25/box.
1587605944605.png

1587605969053.png

No, not bad but it's not keeping up with the IBI barrels in my T1x and 457 nor the 1710 and 1712 Anschutz.

Just got mine yesterday. Dropped in a flat Trigger Tech and got it zeroed today with CCI SV. It’s already showing signs of a good shooter.

CBA49DD7-EE22-48A0-B36A-24E632703C9E.jpeg

Reactions: Big Bo