• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Berger 6.5mm 156g EOL, 153.5g LRHT, & 144g LRHT Load Data for 6.5 PRC

I should add a couple of things to my post above...

65*F 70% 900'elev

The 153.5 LRHT has enough nose length variance that 2.965 COAL will result in a few rounds that completely impede reliable feeding in my short action Accurate Mag. They all fit, but those few will bind if they tip once they've slid forward. Hopefully 2.950 COAL feeds reliably.

@H&H Precision Outdoors all of these loads are >95% fill, so I'm not worried about burn efficiency. If I feel like I'm having issues, I'll switch to 215M. I'll have to look at my GRT file to see where the actual fill % is though

@Rocketmandb @Rio Precision Gunworks maybe you guys know about this
215m might give you better results like your looking for, and I plan to run 215's in mine to start. Also with the 153.5 LRHT, according to Berger their seeing 56.1g's of H1000 to be the Max Load giving them around 2883 FPS.

N568 is - 2943 fps
N570 is - 2981 fps

Your barrel is 24 or 26"?

Forgot to add that... I'll add above too

25" CFW 1:8.25-7.5" left hand gain twist, 25rds on barrel @ start

Pretty happy with the velocities so far, given the barrel will probably speed up. Using the 210Ms because SDs are more important to me than velocity. Not making any conclusions until barrel is sped up & the brass is on it's second firing. I will probably give some VV a shot though.

Last edited:

This is essentially doing the same thing as using a drop tube and/or tapping a charged case on the bench top to make the powder settle. There should be no detriment to doing what you're talking about - hell, I do that at the range when I do seating depth development - it's just that it's a more pronounced extra step that takes time.

Last edited: