• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best 7.62mm Semi Automatic Sniper Rifle

Re: Best 7.62mm Semi Automatic Sniper Rifle

That's great!!!!! +1 for the above post!!! Saved mars!! I heard that somewhere too, or was it pluto?? Hell I can't remember!!!

Where does it say that the Gap 10 allows you to change the upper to a different caliber and have it work? I don't see that on their website.

Also, is the Gap 10 gas piston?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pogey Bait</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where does it say that the Gap 10 allows you to change the upper to a different caliber and have it work? I don't see that on their website.

Also, is the Gap 10 gas piston?</div></div>

I can't comment on whether or not the upper can be swapped out for a different caliber upper but the GAP is a DI rifle; not a gas piston.

Armalite, Bushmaster, and Rock River have forward assists in the same location as found on AR-15's. If a shooter shoots one of these from the left shoulder in the prone position using the BDC's daylight aperture he'll get a bloody lip for sure, perhaps a few teeth knocked out too. Even a right eye dominate shooter would have trouble if shooting prone from a barricade requiring left shoulder placement of the rifle. Seems like these products were not thoroughly thought out. Interestingly, DPMS products have a a novel forward assist integrated to the shell deflector. That's really smart. My vote goes to the DPMS folks, even though they're somewhat heavier and more difficult to handle than others I have had experience with.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dslmtrcle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I don't, but even if I did work for this outfit, the fact remains that F&D makes the best 308 semi-auto out there, which is the primary question of the original poster.

</div></div>

Is what you say really a fact? For what you say to be true, I think there would need to be some consensus, among experts on the matter. But, for you to declare this rifle to be the best without some sort of qualifier implies you have experience with everything else out there. One thing for sure, reading your posts has been very entertaining. What sort of experience do you have with this concept? You appear to have an impression of the rifle's quality based mostly on the rifle's features. What is it about this rifle that appeals most to you? What makes it the best? I would think first and foremost this rifle would need to be perceived as one which better satisfies a market's needs, that's to say an application. Do you know of an application for this rifle for which it will better serve the operator than others? Some details about how you came to your conclusions would be helpful. Perhaps, you can compare and contrast this rifle to the others you have had experience with. Certainly, there must be something special about this rifle for you to have taken the time to wax eloquently (post) about it. One more thing, can you list your credentials, you know, something that would suggest you know somethng about what you're talking about, something that would bolster your arguments, that you actually know something about products in this arena?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pogey Bait</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where does it say that the Gap 10 allows you to change the upper to a different caliber and have it work? I don't see that on their website.

Also, is the Gap 10 gas piston? </div></div>

Why would it not work? I am having them build one in 6.5CM. If I wanted a .308 could I not just order a new upper from gap in .308? Since it is a POF lower could I not put a POF P308 upper on it?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JSF</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pogey Bait</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where does it say that the Gap 10 allows you to change the upper to a different caliber and have it work? I don't see that on their website.

Also, is the Gap 10 gas piston? </div></div>

Why would it not work? I am having them build one in 6.5CM. If I wanted a .308 could I not just order a new upper from gap in .308? Since it is a POF lower could I not put a POF P308 upper on it? </div></div>

Several people have several Gap10 Uppers on a single Gap10 lower.......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pete Sake</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WDN-K-9</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pete Sake</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WDN-K-9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anything's possible and I'm not saying that the REPR is going to be the most accurate super rifle in the world, pulling off great feats like "hitting playing cards at 1000yds" and saving the world from the hellfire and brimstone zombie take over while cursing around in the back of a make shift Suburban with tinted windows and blacked out rims...
whistle.gif

</div></div>

^^^^^^^^^
You rock, I thought I was the only one paying attention. Thanks for bringing it back. It cracks me up that this mo fo still chimes in as much as he does. </div></div>

Now we can play matchmaker..... Exception feats of cold bore 1000yd playing card accuracy and 10,000 dollar rifles. What a sweet pair they would make. They can hang out, shoot the shit, hold hands and cruise around town. There's plenty of room in the Suburban, or maybe not when you include the egos..... </div></div>

Ya, for sure! It's like clockwork, someone starts a thread that includes any of the following:
-175 SMK
-Semi Automatic Sniper Rifle
-AR 10
-LWRC
-.25 MOA @ 1000
-Can you hit a playing card @1000? I can.
-I shot a 1" group @ 500, I mean 400, I mean 300...
This guy chimes in like people actually believe his b.s.

Makes for good entertainment, but fuck man, give me a brake. Oh well, someone has to be #1 around here. It's just as well him/them I suppose.

Perhaps they were separated at birth and it turns out their superior sniper gene brought them together at this very place and moment in time. Or, because of their superior genes they were selected at their birth by the United Federation of Intergalactic Super Human Space Alien Killers for super secret, covert sniper training in the hopes that one day they will be the saviors of us all. They should be treated with the upmost respect. Some day they may rescue us from the tyranny that plagues this planet. After all, they saved the people of Mars. Allegedly unofficially. </div></div>

What is even more, is all these jokers show up with at total of two post and 30mins as a Hide Member, tops, and start spouting this that and the other about these great feats with off the shelf rifles and and bragging about what all these rifles they "wish" they had can do...and they just can't get a clue of exactly who they are spewing their BS to.

Atleast two former bozos, "CloudofDeath" and "Whaledriver", got the hint real quick and took their crap on to a place where they can play "Mall Cop Ninja Avenger" without being called out.

......But then again, all these jokers could be one in the same....just another nasty foot fungus that keeps coming back...
crazy.gif

if you really wanna break the bank, get a SCAR. had one in theater and absolutely loved it, despite the fact it was a little on the longer side for what i actually needed it for. good luck!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Unknown</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a buddy who bought a Gap10, and has had to send it back twice so far....Gap has the rifle more than he does...</div></div>

Still waiting to hear more than a "I've got a buddy..."

What are the details? I'd like to let George know so he can chime in.

Just ask yourself this question. What two American made semi auto rifles are right now in front line service.

1. Knights Armament SR-25 AKA M110
2. LMT MWS 308 AKA L129A1

Any other questions?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Unknown</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a buddy who bought a Gap10, and has had to send it back twice so far....Gap has the rifle more than he does...</div></div>

What are the details? I'd like to let George know so he can chime in.</div></div>

You and I both, Mike. I don't believe for a minute that a GAP rifle would be so problematic that it would spend more time in the shop than at the range.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DHN747</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just ask yourself this question. What two American made semi auto rifles are right now in front line service.

1. Knights Armament SR-25 AKA M110
2. LMT MWS 308 AKA L129A1

Any other questions?</div></div>

Yeah, and they're on the front lines because they had the lowest bidding contract. That in no way means the rifles you mentioned are superior to any of the others mentioned in this topic or, that they're the best '7.62 semi-automatic sniper rifle'.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DHN747</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just ask yourself this question. What two American made semi auto rifles are right now in front line service.
</div></div>

Being in "service" shouldn't be a criterion for quality. Anyone who has ever served in the military knows the best don't necessarily use the best. Although I am 100% with the made in the USA aspect, limiting choices to what the military uses is never the prudent advice.

I am a huge fan of the G10 and have shot mine suppressed and unsuppressed out to 1000 yds. Last time I shot it, I was putting hits on an 1/2 MOA round target at 600 yds. with a SF suppressor installed. There was a fella zeroing his .308 G10 at the match and he and about 2 other people were having issues with the bolt severely jamming just before battery. I thought it was a case of popped primers caught in the lugs, but that wasn't the case. Needless to say, the guy was ready to sell it at a discount. we convinced him to lube the shit out of it and just shoot it a lot. I sure hope he figured it out. These guns are game-changers.... <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Unknown</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a buddy who bought a Gap10, and has had to send it back twice so far....Gap has the rifle more than he does...</div></div>

What are the details? I'd like to let George know so he can chime in. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: m14er</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There was a fella zeroing his .308 G10 at the match and he and about 2 other people were having issues with the bolt severely jamming just before battery. I thought it was a case of popped primers caught in the lugs, but that wasn't the case.</div></div>

1$ says the chamber was a bit too tight.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Yeah, and they're on the front lines because they had the lowest bidding contract.</div></div>

I have a hard time believing that they sell KAC rifles to Uncle Sam for a "low bid" lol...

I was having a similar issue with my gun when it was new but I identified the problem that my reloads were popping primers. Damn Fed brass. You live and learn from it. I only use Win an LC brass now-No issues since.<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BCP</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: m14er</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There was a fella zeroing his .308 G10 at the match and he and about 2 other people were having issues with the bolt severely jamming just before battery. I thought it was a case of popped primers caught in the lugs, but that wasn't the case.</div></div>

1$ says the chamber was a bit too tight. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BCP</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Yeah, and they're on the front lines because they had the lowest bidding contract.</div></div>

I have a hard time believing that they sell KAC rifles to Uncle Sam for a "low bid" lol...</div></div>

As stated previously, our troops aren't necessarily carrying the best tool for the job. They're carrying the tool that won the contract based on pricing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: m14er</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was having a similar issue with my gun when it was new but I identified the problem that my reloads were popping primers. Damn Fed brass. You live and learn from it. I only use Win an LC brass now-No issues since.<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BCP</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: m14er</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There was a fella zeroing his .308 G10 at the match and he and about 2 other people were having issues with the bolt severely jamming just before battery. I thought it was a case of popped primers caught in the lugs, but that wasn't the case.</div></div>

1$ says the chamber was a bit too tight. </div></div> </div></div>

My 2 friends and I all have GAP 10's and they have functioned no problem until we tried to use a copy of some ML118R from a pretty reputable manufacturer. 1 out of about 8 would jam in the chamber just before the bolt closing. I havent put a headspace gauge on the failed rounds but my guess is that the shoulders and or cases are a little to long. Every other ammo, FGMM 168 and 175, handloads, etc. worked flawlessy.

KillShotYeah said:
Keep in mind that 1) I dont think anyone can accuse us of being the lowest bidder.

Military Weapons have reliability requirements when dirty - something that the commercial market does not have to worry about.

The 1990's vintage SR-25's where 1/3 MOA guns, however they broke bolts and where not as reliable as needed.

On the other hand the winning team as the USASOC comp last week was running M110's - so the gun gets the job done in the hands of capable shooters.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: triplecelectric</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: m14er</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was having a similar issue with my gun when it was new but I identified the problem that my reloads were popping primers. Damn Fed brass. You live and learn from it. I only use Win an LC brass now-No issues since.<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BCP</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: m14er</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There was a fella zeroing his .308 G10 at the match and he and about 2 other people were having issues with the bolt severely jamming just before battery. I thought it was a case of popped primers caught in the lugs, but that wasn't the case.</div></div>

1$ says the chamber was a bit too tight. </div></div> </div></div>

My 2 friends and I all have GAP 10's and they have functioned no problem until we tried to use a copy of some ML118R from a pretty reputable manufacturer. 1 out of about 8 would jam in the chamber just before the bolt closing. I havent put a headspace gauge on the failed rounds but my guess is that the shoulders and or cases are a little to long. Every other ammo, FGMM 168 and 175, handloads, etc. worked flawlessy. </div></div>

One other thing. The chamber/headspace on my GAP 10 is somewhat longer than my 308 chambered Crusader by GAP. I believe George posted that he did not want to build an AR10 that would not chamber ML118R. I have also found that the way you drive a gas gun is far more critical than a bolt gun. In learning and practicing on how to drive my gas it has improved my bolt gun shooting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BCP</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I have a hard time believing that they sell KAC rifles to Uncle Sam for a "low bid" lol...</div></div>

As stated previously, our troops aren't necessarily carrying the best tool for the job. They're carrying the tool that won the contract based on pricing. </div></div>

Government contracts are awarded on the basis of lowest QUALIFIED bidder. Bids are always based on very rigid predetermined government specifications. If anyone has read a government spec book you know that meeting the requirements are a lot more important than price.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KevinB-KAC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah, and they're on the front lines because they had the lowest bidding contract. That in no way means the rifles you mentioned are superior to any of the others mentioned in this topic or, that they're the best '7.62 semi-automatic sniper rifle'. </div></div>

Keep in mind that 1) I dont think anyone can accuse us of being the lowest bidder.

Military Weapons have reliability requirements when dirty - something that the commercial market does not have to worry about.

The 1990's vintage SR-25's where 1/3 MOA guns, however they broke bolts and where not as reliable as needed.

On the other hand the winning team as the USASOC comp last week was running M110's - so the gun gets the job done in the hands of capable shooters.

</div></div>

For clarification, I don't mean "cheap" as in quality and while KAC M110s aren't cheap, the civilian price won't be the same as the government price and that's what I meant when I made the statement and I stand by it. I completely agree on the reliability aspect.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: triplecelectric</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
My 2 friends and I all have GAP 10's and they have functioned no problem until we tried to use a copy of some ML118R from a pretty reputable manufacturer. </div></div>

Like I said the chamber is just a little bit too tight. Lots of semis out there are like that which is why people use small base dies. You may find that after 500 or so it loosens up.

My last 308 AR was like that fired brass came out .470 at the head (sammi=473) and honestly it annoyed me a bit having to use special dies and not being able to shoot some kinds of milsurp. Current rifle the chamber is more "saami" and brass comes out EXACTLY to spec.

I think we coming from two different sides on this debate. The first side is the best semi for no matter what the cost and what is proven in the field. As some have stated in this discussion, even the most hyped AR-10 type rifle is subject to breakage and malfuntion because after all it is a machine and machines break. I for one would let the government do my R and D, and despite of the political back door disagreements on lowest cost bidders, I think that the military has to compromise between accuracy, reliabilty, and the ability to be solidier proof. That is why I have two LMT MWS's coming. I apoligize for not mentioning the M-14 platforms but they are not currently being produced for the military right now, or are they:)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DHN747</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">I think we coming from two different side on this debate. The first side is the best semi for no matter what the cost and what is proven in the field. </span>As some have stated in this discussion, even the most hyped AR-10 type rifle is subject to breakage and malfuntion because after all it is a machine and machines break. <span style="font-weight: bold">I for one would let the government do my R and D, and despite of the political back door disagreements on lowest cost bidders, I think that the military has to compromise between accuracy, reliabilty, and the ability to be solidier proof.</span> That is why I have two LMT MWS's coming. I apoligize for not mentioning the M-14 platforms but they are not currently being produced by for the military right now, or are they:)</div></div>

Well said, and I agree. Regardless of how long this thread stretches out, everyone is going to have a different opinion and definition of what the "best" is.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DHN747</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is why I have two LMT MWS's coming.</div></div>

You'll be happy with them (provided they aren't lemons everyone puts out a bad one from time to time). It's a really solid carbine.

@ Kevin B

I have watched you post in threads for years now and defend KAC. I have to think that even you know that effectively it equates to charging at windmills. There is definitely a clique that doesn't care for KAC and regails in the negativity.

KAC makes good products. However while the SR15 is a petty good value, the 25 / 110 is over priced, as are the replacement parts for the 15 / 25, 110 series; and the perception is that you're about as much fun to deal with as HK.

On topic, I have / had DPMS, GAP, KAC. Dollar for dollar, the DPMS shoots very well. Of 2 GAPs and 1 KAC they were about the same in accuracy - consistently slightly better than 3/4 MOA. The KAC has been more reliable in the feed and fire department than the GAPs (both of which were Armalite pattern guns). Bottom line, anything mentioned in this thread is probably more accurate than 98% of the folks on this board. The real questions people should ask - how reliable is it? If it takes a dump, how hard is to get parts, what do those parts cost, is it plug and play like an AR15, or does it have to go to someone (and not just anyone)? What is the customer's level of concern about all of these factors?

Also FYI, it looks like Noveske finally has his Switch Block available for .308s. Having one of his 5.56 SB guns, I think his 7.62 SB gun would be outstanding.

Good luck

Just call me Don Quiote
wink.gif

I'm probably the last person to tell someone commercially they need our gun.
All the SR-15 parts (bolt, barrel, gas tube etc are available for replacement here) extra bolts gas tubes etc except the barrel are available from dealers.

On the SR-25, yes we are definitely geared to Gov sales, we do replacements of parts here and do not sell them commercially.
We will take in KAC/KMC guns for free inspection, and quote recommended replacements. Yes its expensive, on the real side of things, if you wear out a barrel in a SR-25, your probably not too worried about the price, as your ammo budget is pretty impressive.

I would love to see all the rifles mentioned in this topic try to bid on a government contract for a SASS. Not just the first tier tests, but give the rifles to our shooters and let the chips fall where they may. Everyone has different requirements on accuracy, reliability, costs, and believe it or not weight. Not one rifle will suit everyone's needs. Great discussion guys.

I ordered a FD308 Last week for our shop. Lead time is about 14 weeks. I will post any information we get on it and photos. We will see how it go's.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BSGGUNS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I ordered a FD308 Last week for our shop. Lead time is about 14 weeks. I will post any information we get on it and photos. We will see how it go's.</div></div>

Good stuff! I and several others will interested in knowing how it does on the range.

M110 Carbine and EMC, look no further.

[img:center]
DSC00092.jpg
[/img]

[img:center]
DSC00093.jpg
[/img]

You might add your Anti-California policy.

If LA and San Fran fell into the ocean CA would be a conservative state. HUGE mistake not to sell here. All your policy does is aid the Anti-gun Dems in keeping our gun rights restricted. You play right into their hands and loose my respect. I tried to buy an extractor and got some BS anti-ca nonsense over the phone. Sold everything kac and not looking back.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KevinB-KAC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just call me Don Quiote
wink.gif

I'm probably the last person to tell someone commercially they need our gun.
All the SR-15 parts (bolt, barrel, gas tube etc are available for replacement here) extra bolts gas tubes etc except the barrel are available from dealers.

On the SR-25, yes we are definitely geared to Gov sales, we do replacements of parts here and do not sell them commercially.
We will take in KAC/KMC guns for free inspection, and quote recommended replacements. Yes its expensive, on the real side of things, if you wear out a barrel in a SR-25, your probably not too worried about the price, as your ammo budget is pretty impressive.

</div></div>

KAC is not anti-Ca, CA DoJ is just anti-KAC.
SR-15 and SR-25 are banned by name.

We do not sell to individuals and we do have a CA Dealer in River City Gun Exchange, however due to Ca laws, complete guns (and lowers) are LE only.

Add in the fact that the RAS is banned by name by DoJ in Ca, and you can see our reluctance to sell to Ca. except through dealers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KevinB-KAC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">KAC is not anti-Ca, CA DoJ is just anti-KAC.
SR-15 and SR-25 are banned by name.

We do not sell to individuals and we do have a CA Dealer in River City Gun Exchange, however due to Ca laws, complete guns (and lowers) are LE only.

Add in the fact that the RAS is banned by name by DoJ in Ca, and you can see our reluctance to sell to Ca. except through dealers.

</div></div>

The gun industry as a whole should just stop selling to LE in CA. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

What I would like to see is a shootoff between most of the guns mentioned in this thread. KAC, DPMS, Armalite, GAP, LaRue, Noveske, LMT and any others I forgot to mention.

Take all rifles and clean and lube them the same, shoot them in hot/dry conditions, cold, blustery conditions, rain etc. and run them for precision and also in a CQB type environment with alot of rounds down the tube.

The weak ones would sort themselves out and you'd be left with a handful of reliable , quality guns.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LRB45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What I would like to see is a shootoff between most of the guns mentioned in this thread. KAC, DPMS, Armalite, GAP, LaRue, Noveske, LMT and any others I forgot to mention.

Take all rifles and clean and lube them the same, shoot them in hot/dry conditions, cold, blustery conditions, rain etc. and run them for precision and also in a CQB type environment with alot of rounds down the tube.

The weak ones would sort themselves out and you'd be left with a handful of reliable , quality guns. </div></div>

That is something you and many others would like to see. It would definitely be interesting and separate the boys from the men where the different brand of rifles are concerned.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
That is something you and many others would like to see. It would definitely be interesting and separate the boys from the men where the different brand of rifles are concerned. </div></div>

The DOD did, and not just performance but for logistical reasons as well KAC came out on top... it was the XM110 program.

I believe Remington's submission took 2nd, and if thats right I believe the KAC was more reliable, with fewer malfunctions.

The government torture tests rifles, counts how many rounds are fired before malfunctions, and has a set limit to the malfunction rate per xxxxxx rounds fired. Think about this, it is sometimes THOUSANDS of rounds. I'm not sure what the acceptable failure rate is but even at a generous 2% thats only 20 malfunctions.

The requirements for the M110 were <1moa with xxxxx fired, KAC met that need.
We don't need .2 MOA for shooting Taliban, we need bang, >>shit i f'd that up<< bang, got em' no mater what.

Awesymoto -what don't you understand?

People want the test done again so that this time <span style="font-style: italic">their favorite</span> brand is the winner.

Here's a thought for some, if you own it, you like it, and you shoot it well - it's the best for you - and that's good enough.

Good luck

Ok, I have been reading all this and would love to own many or maybe all of the rifles mentioned, except the $10,000.00 one. I have a very accurate 308 bolt gun that I put around 2500 bucks in but but I really would like to have a AR-10 in 308. Ex Army and am used to the Ar feel. I have my bolt gun for sale and if I sell it and get what I want out of it, I will be lucky to have $2000.00 or maybe just a tad more to spend on a semi auto 308. Unless I missed it, I did not see anyone talk about a Rock River Arms 308. I own a Rock River Ar-15 predator and it shoots great for its intended purpose. I have zero places close to me where I can go look at or handle any of the rifles mentioned in this thread. The Rock River falls into my "can afford" category. Put a decent scope on it if it shoots like my other RRA rifle, it would work just fine. Anyone have any thoughts on the Rock River or experiences with it? Thanks.

If you wind up having $2000 or a little more, save your pennies and get a GAP-10. You'll be glad you did.

RRA 308 rifles have been getting good reviews. Only thing I see is the FN FAL mag but I think RRA has been producing new ones so shouldn't be too much of an issue. I still think under 2k the best thing to do is build your own.

Yeah I hear those GAP 10's are awesome. Not trying to sell gun on here, just stating if I come up with the money I want to get a semi auto. So killshot, what about the Rock River 308. I could afford one and still have some money for a scope. The only thing about the RRA is according to their catalog and website, you cant put on one of those magpul stocks like is on the picture of your rifle. I cant stand an A-2 stock. Want a magpul.

BCP,
RRA advertises a 1 moa guarantee from their Varmint 308. That is good enough for me. Stainless barrel as well. On building my own. I do not have the resources to do that. I would prefer just to purchase one. The magazine issue with them and as I stated in another reply, the limited options of a stock. I do not like the A-2 stock that comes on it or even the other 2 Rock River offers. Not sure about the trigger on the Rock River 308. Have you heard anything about the triggers?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TravisP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BCP,
RRA advertises a 1 moa guarantee from their Varmint 308. That is good enough for me. Stainless barrel as well. On building my own. I do not have the resources to do that. I would prefer just to purchase one. The magazine issue with them and as I stated in another reply, the limited options of a stock. I do not like the A-2 stock that comes on it or even the other 2 Rock River offers. Not sure about the trigger on the Rock River 308. Have you heard anything about the triggers? </div></div>

Building them is easy they're retard proof.

The RRA 2 stage is a decent trigger I have 4 of them.

A2 stock is fine by me. If you want something different look at the magpul PRS or magpul ACS but call or email RRA first as I think they use a different buttstock tube.