• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Best 7.62mm Semi Automatic Sniper Rifle

Re: Best 7.62mm Semi Automatic Sniper Rifle

I cannot say with 100% certainty, but I do not recall it doing that. I was not shooting the same rifle that has been on gun broker. I was not exactly looking at that, but I am pretty sure I would have noticed the rod protruding from the back of the receiver, I will look at it again next time and see. It is possible I missed it though.

SR-25 EMC or the new ECC. Enough said!!! 16" out to 800 yards!! Honestly how far do you need to shoot a 308?? KAC was testing this out to 1200!!! I hav one and it is awesome!! GYZ

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wkopplin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I cannot say with 100% certainty, but I do not recall it doing that. I was not shooting the same rifle that has been on gun broker. I was not exactly looking at that, but I am pretty sure I would have noticed the rod protruding from the back of the receiver, I will look at it again next time and see. It is possible I missed it though. </div></div>

The "rod" does come out the back of the receiver when charging, but it's parallel to and down on the stock - so no issue with it stabbing you or anything. Doesn't come out all that far, either. No big deal. I played with it at SHOT, and it seemed like nice stuff. My new LWRC REPR is about 2 weeks out.
smile.gif

After owning a 20" REPR, 16 Lmt MWS and 20" OBR...

#1.OBR
#2.REPR
#3. Lmt mws

Can't beat the OBR's accuracy, soft shooting feel and badass switchblock (may go with another trigger... Perferably an adjustable).

REPR wins with all the unique features, shot well (moa) and stayed clean and ran cool.

LMT=great rifle for the $. Switch barrel option +1.

First post here been lurking for awhile. Great site!
I'm currently in the market for a AR platform .308 and while searching around on GB I came across the F&D. I'm really interested in this rifle. I currently own a couple AR's in 5.56 one of them is a Larue. That was my first choice when I started doing research on .308's. After reading through this thread seems like there alot of other options that are worth looking at including this new F&D. It looks like they are going into production at under 3k which is within my budget. I would like a precision rifle that will be reliable out to 600 or even 800. I'm not trying to beat a dead horse just trying to get as much info as I can before I pull the trigger on my purchase.

Raptor,

Have you looked at the REPR Base model? I think it retails for about $2800. The only difference bewteen that and the other models is that it comes with an A2 pistol grip and a standard USGI 6 position tele-stock, rather than Magpul furniture. This was done to lower the price and make the weapon more affordable.

With this, you get a piston operated .308 with a side charging handle capable of reaching out to at least 1100 yards (depending on the barrel option), 600-800 is covered by the 16" barrel version, only with the REPR you get a tried and tested and vetted platform that you don't with the F&D, which you would otherwise be beta testing.

Check it out: http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q...ved=0CDsQ8wIwAQ

I'm giving myself another week or two to do some more reasearch before I buy. The REPR looks like a great option. I'm not too keen on beta testing anything with my hard earned money.
GAP-10
OBR
POF
LMT
REPR
F&D
In about that order.
These all look like nice options I would really like something with an 18" barrel. Also something with a left hand option would be nice. I'm right handed but left eye dominate. I can shoot either way comfortably, but prefer to shoot left handed.

I am partial to my 1993 KMC (now KAC) SR-25 Match/Mk11 Mod 0.

004-8.jpg

With the 24" Obermeyer barrel, it easily shoots .5MOA @100 yds.

Today at a gun shop in PA i came across a used slightly aged looking custom AR style rifle. It was labled .300 WSM

Needless to say my curiousity was peaked as i have never seen an AR in .300wsm, it was an armalite, i asked the guy if he wasn't sure it was a 300 RSAUM? he said no, WSM

It was over priced as far as i was concerned but I still wanna shoot it to see what it would do.

great cartridge

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
2856591295_ec4792dd4c_o.jpg
</div></div> lets eat some !! this is best one yet ....maybe the best Q/C for the overall package is the better way to put '' Best 7.62mm Semi Automatic Sniper Rifle''?

I built one on one of the Mega Ma-Ten receiver sets. I'm very pleased with how everything came together. I shot a 3/4" 5 shot group sighting it in. I need better glass for it.
If I were going to buy one complete, I personally like the LaRue OBR.

DSC_5825.jpg

DSC_5828.jpg

Thanks! The front grip I threw on there because I had it sitting around...
I'm thinking about getting one of the Vortex PST's to put on it, but I'm torn between the 2.5-10 and the 4-16. I wish they had like a 3-12 or something. I'll look around more once I'm ready to pull the trigger on something.

Don't know about "sniper" but as far as MBRs go, I would take the FAL. Look them up, also search for the 10,000 FAL torture test Fourtier did a few years back.

MOST FALs get 1-2MOA accuracy.

A very select few people outside of the Belgium plant know how to build these things to get 0.5 MOA or better with NO reduction of reliability or noticeable rise in parts cost.

(I mean about 3 when I say very select and I usually start flame wars when I mention the accuracy due to the fact that 99% are mil-spec builders) {My reply is how much ya wanna bet? Put up or shut up. Come on bring it!}

If you plan to be around SE Houston, look me up and I will let you shoot mine.

(FYI buddy is claiming touching hole groups with WWC NATO Another buddy consistently gets that accuracy on his builds)

AR10s (RRA, DPMS, Armalite) with hand loads and good break in can get 1/2 or better, standard and loaded M1As will not, just flat out don't care for H&K, and PSL/Dragunov rifles are not what they claim.

Hope I have not missed any.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chainring</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wkopplin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I cannot say with 100% certainty, but I do not recall it doing that. I was not shooting the same rifle that has been on gun broker. I was not exactly looking at that, but I am pretty sure I would have noticed the rod protruding from the back of the receiver, I will look at it again next time and see. It is possible I missed it though. </div></div>

The "rod" does come out the back of the receiver when charging, but it's parallel to and down on the stock - so no issue with it stabbing you or anything. Doesn't come out all that far, either. No big deal. I played with it at SHOT, and it seemed like nice stuff. My new LWRC REPR is about 2 weeks out.
smile.gif
</div></div>

That is correct, the rod only comes out when charging, about 2.5". It does not reciprocate when cycling. I spoke with the owner yesterday about it.

I think most of the rifles posted on this thread are good guns. I really like KAC and I am going to get a LaRue at some point, but I jumped the F&D ahead of the LaRue right now just because I liked how I was treated by those guys and I liked how the gun operated. I look forward to getting the gun and putting a good scope on it and seeing how it does at 500.

I have always had good service from LaRue and would not hesitate to buy the OBR either. LaRue also sends you that wickedly good Dillo Dust which makes barbecue taste so good.

Didn't read through the whole thread so I may be repeating old info. From personal experience I would stay away from KAC, not bad products but I've never been a big fan of them at work and they're rifles (M110/SR25) tend to go rifle to rifle when it comes to accuaracy. The LaRue OBR however, while I haven't gotten to shoot one personally, everyone I've talked to that uses one has nothing but positive things to say (including one that went 2000 rounds without cleaning and without a malfunction or degradation in performance)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pete Sake</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WDN-K-9</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pete Sake</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WDN-K-9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[snip] and saving the world from the hellfire and brimstone zombie take over while cursing around in the back of a make shift Suburban with tinted windows and blacked out rims...
whistle.gif

</div></div>

^^^^^^^^^
You rock, I thought I was the only one paying attention. [snip]</div></div>

[snip] There's plenty of room in the Suburban, or maybe not when you include the egos..... </div></div>

Ya, for sure! It's like clockwork, someone starts a thread that includes any of the following:
-175 SMK
-Semi Automatic Sniper Rifle
-AR 10
-LWRC
-.25 MOA @ 1000
-Can you hit a playing card @1000? I can.
-I shot a 1" group @ 500, I mean 400, I mean 300...
This guy chimes in like people actually believe his b.s.

Makes for good entertainment, but fuck man, give me a brake. </div></div>

I've got a muzzle device for an FN-FAL that needs a home. Mostly flash suppressor but has some muzzle brake effect.

You want it for the price of postage???

i will accept the challenge of smoking your $10,000.00 rifle with a factory stock LWRC REPR supressed. i guess i got lucky... bcuz mine shoots sub half moa. all day.

This thread needs to be bumped back to life in the semiauto forum since this started the great debate on the merits of F&D Defense.

I had a REPR and the LMT and now have a JP LRP07, all three are great guns, I just like to switch things up now and then. I personally don't think you can go wrong with any rifle mentioned on this thread. At this point, it comes down to finding one at a good price.

At4rxj sweet well done build! Nice to hear it shoots as well as it looks.

If someone wants to be treated like dirt and wait one or two years for a rifle, by all means order the FD308.

Sadly there were 4 semis at r/o LWRC REPR armalite SASS, OBR and DPMS SASS the only two to make it off the 100 yard line was the DPMS and OBR Jacob shot both with a S&B to verify. Not bashing just saying that was my experience with them.

I have a LMT MWS, Armalite AR10A4, SIG 716 and a DPMS SASS. Of the 4 the DPMS SASS is the most accurate with the LMT a close second.

I don't know that there would be a "best," but I would say KAC, LMT, GAP-10, and LaRue would all be top contenders. Lots would depend on the shooter.

Killshot still has one of the most badass rifles on the hide....second only to my LWRC (just kidding man....my tax refund may go to building the same rig you have just because I like how it looks and from what you say how it shoots).

I would nota doubt how the POF shoots. There was an excellent thread last year where someone down in Texas shot a POF and a LaRue. The POF was slightly more accurate than the LaRue. That being said they where both excellent for accuracy.

I bought an LMT MWS in late December 2012 before they disappeared and have been very impressed with its accuracy and reliability (zero FTF to date). It is the only weapon I own that every friend I have let try it out has wanted to buy it from me on the spot!

Warning Statement

"Possessing and operating F&D firearms may cause: Increased Aggression, Suicidal Behavior, Agitation, Hostility, Mania, Disorientation, Panic-Attacks, Impulse-Control Disorder, and an over-all Feeling of Superiority at owning a rifle that is above the rest. Such symptoms may occur rarely to frequently while severity may be mild to extreme. If you notice any of these symptoms do NOT stop using your firearm, as doing so may cause conditions to worsen." I'll be sticking to my LMT MWSE with a Geissele SAA-E trigger.

Last edited:
I know it's an older thread, but let me throw the M&P 10 into the running now. In its factory setup with a Vortex Viper PST 6-24 and 175 smk's off of a ruck it shot just around moa. I pulled a couple fliers with the factory trigger (yes, I am gonna be that deusche that blames the trigger, but in all fairness it needs one), but if I hadn't pulled those two it would have been a moa gun at 100. And for around $1500. My only complaint is the crap polymer mid length forend and lightweight barrel. But it does have a 1:10" 5R barrel, fully ambidextrous controls similar to the M110, and PMAG compatibility. A Geiselle trigger and a free float rail would definantely help. All in due time.

Last edited:
KAC SR-25 ECC. Has never skipped a beat, shoots 1/2 MOA, has easy recoil from its rifle-length gas system, and has a chrome-lined bore and chamber so it's easy to maintain. Only downside is price.

photo%202%20sm.jpg

Take a good look at JP Enterprise, I have an LRP-07 and Love it. It is a very light rifle for a .308Win.

I'd personally stay away from LWRC. After watching an 18" REPR fail at holding 3 MOA I'd class them as more a battle rifle than precision.

Carefull, I have been around many REPR's and they all have held 1moa or better. One example is not a good indication. Mine was one of the first 18"er's out there, and it has had no issues with the mag catch that everyone had their panties in a bunch about. They fixed everyone no charge. (as they should) I had a good day at the range and shot a 5 shot group at 200 that was under 1", and had a local Police Chief watching through a spotting scope. He ordered 4 of them that day for his SWAT team. Helped I let him shoot it. He could not hold minute of clay pigeon at 200. I'm just trying to say that I have seen every kind of rifle perform poorly. Ammo? Scope? Shooter just sucked? Let the dude buy what makes him happy. I have owned SR-25's, M-1A's, HK-91's, and a bunch that I can barely remember. I'll keep that REPR until the zombie hoards eat my flesh on one hell of a pile of HOT 7.62 Lake City brass! J