• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Best budget mil/mil scope?

shaneinhisroom

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 12, 2011
Ohio
Hi guys, before everyone says search the forums or "BUSHNELL 3200 10x40 MIL MIL", I'd like to point out I have searched and searched, and apparently Bushnell is getting rid of all the 3200 and 4200 line and it's impossible to find the mil mil version of the 3200. I've read reviews of the Millett 4-16x50, and the Weaver/Bsa line of mil scopes. Too many negative reviews on the weaver/bsa and the Millett is too much of an overkill for a .223 rifle.

So my question is, what is going to be the best budget scope now thta has mil/mil adjustments? I've expanded my horizons to include 6x, it must be fixed power (at this price anyway), and I still can't find a suitable scope.

Re: Best budget mil/mil scope?

Midway will still have the Bushnell 10x40 Mil-Mil. Their website says they should be back in stock on 5/1.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shane135</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi guys, before everyone says search the forums or "BUSHNELL 3200 10x40 MIL MIL", I'd like to point out I have searched and searched, and apparently Bushnell is getting rid of all the 3200 and 4200 line and it's impossible to find the mil mil version of the 3200. I've read reviews of the Millett 4-16x50, and the Weaver/Bsa line of mil scopes. Too many negative reviews on the weaver/bsa and the Millett is too much of an overkill for a .223 rifle.

So my question is, what is going to be the best budget scope now thta has mil/mil adjustments? I've expanded my horizons to include 6x, it must be fixed power (at this price anyway), and I still can't find a suitable scope. </div></div>

*I'll take this one!*

We need more information than that. What do you define as "budget?" What's the POU of the scope? Hunting? Target? Comp? Fun? Is weight an issue?

The Millett is ok for the money, but IMO the best budget mil/mil scope is the Viper PST SFP or SS HD. The difference is only $300-$350 but it's a holy-shit-you-gotta-be-kidding-me-I-almost-spent-$400-on-this-piece-of-junk-instead-of-a-badass-PST difference. Take it from people who have learned the hard way
wink.gif

I suggest you buy once and cry once here. Just watch the optics for sale section like a hawk and wait for a SS 10x HD to pop up. They sometimes show up in the $550 range, and are excellent scopes. Good luck.

Weaver has absolutely NOTHING to do with BSA.

I am not sure where you read your reviews, as I have never seen anything bad written about the Weaver grand slam tactical. I am not saying they don't exist, just saying I have never seen one.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?pr...oductTabReviews

Why would 16x be overkill for a .223? I had a TRS-1 on my .223, worked just fine.
I think the build quality on the weaver is far better than on the millet.

I still feel that the falcon menace is a very good budget scope taht offers ffp and mil/mil. They also have two new 10x fixed power scopes for about 330 bucks.

there is a SS 3-9x mil/mil for sale now in optics for $450. there is the weaver tactical exclusive to midway, 3.5-10x and mil/mil for $400 or $300 on sale. the 10x 3200 is a steal at $175 when its on sale.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fdkay</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Weaver has absolutely NOTHING to do with BSA.

I am not sure where you read your reviews, as I have never seen anything bad written about the Weaver grand slam tactical. I am not saying they don't exist, just saying I have never seen one.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?pr...oductTabReviews

Why would 16x be overkill for a .223? I had a TRS-1 on my .223, worked just fine.
I think the build quality on the weaver is far better than on the millet.

I still feel that the falcon menace is a very good budget scope taht offers ffp and mil/mil. They also have two new 10x fixed power scopes for about 330 bucks.</div></div>

This ^^^

My son bought one of these Weaver 10x Mil/Mil scopes when they were on sale over a year ago, and thinks it's the bee's knees. It looks like they are on sale again... Get `em while they're HOT!!!

Like some others have said, it depends on what you want to do with it. For me and the options I want on a scope, if I'm looking for a sub $500 optic, it would have to be a MIL/MIL Millett TRS-1. I've had several TRS-1'S and they've all been great scopes for the money. I don't understand why it would be over kill for a .223. If I could spend more than $500, I'd have to hold out for a Vortex PST.

If you want the Busnnell 3200 10x mil/mil, check various forums for sale sections. That is where I grabbed mine last week.

Falcon Menace 5-25x show on the optics page for $400 every few weeks, when I finally break down and get a Nightforce 12-42 my 8-32 will move over and I may sell mine.

As noted above there is a SS 3-9x HD there right now for $450 (that one is tempting me, would go great on a 22 I have)

The 10X and 16x SS fixed powers show up regularly for about $250.

There are Bushnell 4200 mil/mil's there from time to time, but they cost more, esp the 6-24x. I've only seen one or two of the lower power ones since they were on clearance.

Others have commented that Vortex offers a few. I haven't used them.

Thanks for all the responses. I went ahead and viewed the Grand Slam review on SH front page and decided this is more than enough for me. It seems wonderfully built, and the price/sale on Midway cannot be beat.

Also- for those of you wondering. I also called Midway and they said Bushnell has an exclusive with them to keep selling the 3200 10x42 mil/mil scope at the price of $250. The expected shipment dates to Midway is sometime in May.

I bought the Grand Slam because it's built strong, the reviews all favored it pretty heavily both here and on Midway, and the variability really tailors to the gun as a groundhog or small game rifle. Thanks again everyone
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shane135</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Also- for those of you wondering. I also called Midway and they said Bushnell has an exclusive with them to keep selling the 3200 10x42 mil/mil scope at the price of $250. The expected shipment dates to Midway is sometime in May.</div></div>

Interesting and thanks for the info. I have one on back order with them at the clearance price for a trainer build. Let's see what happens.

Just an update for those interested in the Bushnell 3200 mil/mil. Midway filled my backorder and the CS rep said they had 400+ in stock as of today. Current price is $199.

Another vote for the 3.5-10x40 Weaver Grand Slam Tactical @ Midway for $299 (on sale, but they all way seem to be on sale). Would I pay $399 for it......probably not as an extra $100 would get me a little more power and parallax focus.

However, that being said, for under $300 you can not get anything better.

I bought a weaver tactical grand slam 3-10 from midway to go on my 700p. Evidently I got a lemon, it made it almost 40 rounds before it started getting blurry and the poi started shifting around. I'm sending it back for a refund and ordered a falcon menace 5-25x56 from SWFA. I thought about exchanging it, but hate waiting, and for less than $200 more I get FFP, and 2.5 times the magnification.

If I was going to go budget again. I'd get the 3200 10x from midway and save up for better glass. Hopefully I'll be happy with the falcon.