• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Best Compact BA Pistol Backpack

357magag

357MAGAAG
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 28, 2013
Sulphur Springs TX
Recently bought a Black Collar Arms Porksword in 300 BO.
Have a IOR Valdada scope on it and it will be suppressed shooting subs.
The idea is to leave in my truck during deer season. As during my course of work and after work I drive by several properties that I hunt.

Does anyone offer advice and experience with a Takedown AR or Boltgun backpack.

Thanks for your help.

24” is going to leave you with very few options, and none of them are going to be very incognito like a street backpack.

You're going to need something min 35-40L and possibky with a scabbard. The ultility of a pack vs a small case is still debatable, depending on context. Cases are faster to ingress/egress than most packs. If this is always in the backseat or in the truck, any you're only going the the range or somethign similar, a soft case is always an option. For field-carry, of coursre, Packs are much better for load balance, and load carrying, and climbing hands free. The key thing is this only matters if you are covering ground/terrain that this is necessary. It also takes an extra bit of work getting the pack loaded and balanced. While necessary, it is no inconvenience, of course. But if it is un-necessary, thean may consider this is a place you can simplify your load out.