• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best / most preferred .308 factory ammo?

Different guns like different things unfortunatly.

I bought 40 boxes of FGGM 168's and low and behold my SPR does not like it. I also have 12 boxes of BH 168 and that throws 4 inch fliers at 200yds every few rounds, pretty much stopped shooting that stuff. The Hornaday BTHP 168 and Zmax 168's work GREAT in my SPR. Unfortunatly I am out of that stuff and it is no where to be found. Like being stuck on an life boat surropunded by water you can't drink, I have 1000 rounds of ammo my gun hates that I can't shoot and none of the stuff it likes to shoot.

Hornaday BTHP 168 gets my vote. ZMAX worked great too actually but the Zombie thing is kind of lame. Leave them in the box and people comment on it all day long. Ironically it workes better than the TAP for me. I have some of the TAP too but the BTHP was the absolutle best most consistent for me.

I am sure someones gun hates the Hornady BTHP thogh. I am learning this is why people keep insisting you do your own loads.

[h=1]308 WIN 168GR TAP A-MAX 20 RDS[/h] Hornady

Condition: New [h=6]Price: $26.99[/h]
http://www.vendio.com/stores/ammoconnect/item/lid=34495952
I hope that helps you, its not cheap.

Because reloading is not allowed I have this options of factory ammo:

NORMA Diamond Line 168gr (ammunition wich is hard to find)
SAKO Racehead a cartrige loaded with 168gr Sierra Match King bullet (ammunition wich is hard to find)
LAPUA Scenar 155gr (ammunition wich is hard to find - I try to buy some boxes to try it at 1000 in few months)

For a normal day range visit I try to piece some paper with hunting ammunition wich is more easy to find in my country.

I will participate in may at one LR 600-1000m competition and I really don't know what ammunition to use. I have at home few boxes of Norma DL, I wait some SAKO Racehead in April and ordered some LAPUA scenar 155gr to try it but I don't know when it will come...

So, I am in a shitty situation...but move on !

Best

Last edited: