• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Best scope for 600 bucks

Re: Best scope for 600 bucks

One word: Centerpoint

http://www.centerpointoptics.com/adventure_class/4-16x40/

Red/Green IR.

COMES WITH SCOPE CAPS! AND RINGS!

Thank me later.
smile.gif

In all seriousness though. Nikon Buckmaster 6-18x40 Mildot is a hell of a scope for $300

Nikon Buckmaster 6-18x40 Mildot is a hell of a scope for $300

+1

I've got one on a .22 trainer and it's a great !

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7mmRM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Falcon Menace 4-14x44 or 5-25 FFP Mil/Mil </div></div>

haha, that 5-25 is a bit much for a 16" mouse gun dontcha think?

I like the ziess conquest line. You can get them from 400 to 900 depending on the power range. I think it is the best glass in the price range; it all depends on what you want out of the optic.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RussW1911</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7mmRM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Falcon Menace 4-14x44 or 5-25 FFP Mil/Mil </div></div>

haha, that 5-25 is a bit much for a 16" mouse gun dontcha think? </div></div>

Not really. Why do you think so?

The only thing I have used that cost less than $600 was a Super Sniper, and therefore it is the only one I will recommend, other than that get a used Leupold.

well eff me....maybe i need to have mine sent in and re reticled ....wonder how much that costs....when i bought mine the only one i knew of was the lesser power. plus i think i paid 350 for mine in po dunk WY, but thats life

anyone have any pictures of the buckmaster reticle? I mean through the scope pics? wondering how thin the mildot reticle is

Dsparil. If you can wait until sunday, i'll post pics at 565 & 1000 through the scope on 6 and 18 power

But I won't be able to get out until then.

~SN13

PM me if you want.

if you're really ded set on spending ALL the 600 on the glass...zeiss...if you wana save and get ammo or something else...Nikon or falcon, and then good bases and rings. but a 20moa mount is a must for the nikon.

Not a "Must" but yah, it'd help. I have 15MOA built into my rings so i could get a 2 piece base.

no its pretty much a must...w/ 50 moa of ajustment....and my 20 bas I have 7 down and 41 ups...(really only has 48 moa) not that your's will but if you want to go to 1k w/ a .308....and i know were talkin about a .223 but ...you'l want the adjust.

im still kind of leaning towards the super sniper. I msged one guy about his buckmaster so im going to go to academy today to take a look through one of their buckmasters to look at the thickness of the mildot then come back and make my final decision.

Nikon Monarch
Bushnell 3200 5-15x40 Tactical
Bushnell 4200 6-24x50 MD Tactical little over $600
Wonder Optics 4-14x50 Moa/Moa
Falcon 4-14x44 FFP Mil/Mil
Sightron Big Sky SII 6.5-20x50 SF MD or 4-14X44 SF MD $50 rebate offer
Konus M30 scopes
Millett TRS-1

There are plenty more

It all depends on what features you are looking for.

GC

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SN13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One word: Centerpoint

http://www.centerpointoptics.com/adventure_class/4-16x40/

Red/Green IR.

COMES WITH SCOPE CAPS! AND RINGS!

Thank me later.
smile.gif
</div></div>

LMOA... A coworker of mine bought one to put on a M-14. He would'nt listen to me about what scope to get, he wouldn't fork up $350 for a decent scope but he did buy the Sadlak mount I told him to get. We went to the range a started to get him on papaer at 25 yards. After trying to come up 15 minutes the elevation knob stopped and wouldn't turn anymore. He asked me what he should do, I told him to fork over $350 and buy a decent scope. He has since replaced it with another one that Walmart gave him. Poor basterd won't listen....

I have a CenterPoint on my MkII right now. It seems adequate thus far for a low dollar trainer. I have not done any tracking or Mil verfication tests yet. It definitely feels cheap, but it was. It will be just fine until I can spend some more cash on the trainer.

Nikon Monarch 5.5-20x44 BDC rectile...Ebay for around 400 to 450. Got mine for 397 shipped. Comes with 2 different styles of target knobs. Monarch has a little better glass than the buckmaster. Buckmaster is still a great scope...got one in a 3-9x40.

One more thing about Nikon is there Lifetime Full warranty which is transferable.

By the way I tried the centerpointe scope three times before I realized what an idiot I was for buying one. Dont do it!

I think the Bushnell Elite 3200 is a really good scope for the money.I had one before I got my Nightforce,and I would reccomend them to anyone in that price range.

Thank God for Walmart...They will take anything back. I just couldnt ever get it to return to zero on a Ruger 10/22. Cool scope though with lots of features. After the third one I returned it for the Nikon Buckmaster 3-9x40. Been in love with Nikon since. Great glass for the money. The Nikon Monarch 5-20x44 has been wrapped around a Remy 700 SPS Tactical 308. I love this gun. Anyway thats my story with centerpointe.

I've got a bushnell 4200 6-24x50 tactical on my .308. Real nice scope, if a little light on adjusment range. They can be had for under $600 NIB from at least one 'Hide sponsor.

What ranges are you going to be using your AR out to?

I vote for the Vortex Viper series. Clarity is superb.

Haven't looked through the Falcon Menace, but I plan to.

My Wonder Optics would save a buncha dough for you to buy ammo or components, but I think it loses a bit of clarity above 10X. It's still at least twice as clear as a Tasco, though! Best price on a decent side focus I could find, and I like the finer clicks of MOA/MOA compared to a Mil/Mil scope. I also like zooming in with a SFP reticle to get finer measurements for ranging.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bdh308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thank God for Walmart...They will take anything back.</div></div>

You better believe I saved the receipt. If I can't get it to pass a tracking test it will go back and the simmons it came with will go back on. The only thing I didn't like about the Simmons was no resettable turrets.

I have been considering a Burris XTR since Burris has a deep LE Discount.

Super Sniper and $300 worth of ammo is the best you can do with $600 for a reliable bulletproff scope.

Seems the basic question is: Tactical scope (i.e. ACOG) or Precision scope? I experimented with both types on a 20" AR and have had great results with both. That is basically because anything inside of 600m is dead meat, even with iron sights.

So, you must ask yourself, "What are you shooting and what do you want as a result of your shot?" Assuming that a 5.56mm will deliver the punch you want, do you need sub MOA accuracy or do you need fast target acquisition and 2 MOA will suffice.

I started with a long range precision scope and was hitting golf balls at 100 yards with every shot. The scope I used was a Super Sniper to which I added an Anti-Reflective Device and after trying several mounting methods, I decided on a GG&G Accucam QD Integral Ring Base. This set up (scope & base) cost just under $600.

After shooting with this set up for about a year, I switched to a tactical scope because I decided that target acquisition speed was becoming more important to me. Moved the Super Sniper to my Rem M700 and bought a USO SN12R with the JP bullet drop reticle for the AR. Tremendously clear optic. However, even though that system is about a $1300, there are several good tactical scopes available in your price range. The shooters here will be more than helpful in zeroing you in on a good selection. Good luck!

Forget that, Nikon will do NO changes to their scopes...........
Evidently that is a special run, cannot find them at either of the 2 biggies, 4x14 Mildot, 6x18's are all BDC crap.( ok if your just going to shoot to like 500yds)
So, while these are available get one on BO,.........
Make sure it has enough Elevation for you though.

Someone already mentioned it, but take a good look at Konus's M-30 line, I just topped a SPS Tactical with one, and it's fantastic as far as clarity, tracking, and durability (don't want to mention how i know that one!) Picked mine up for a little over 300, the only problem i've found is that the eyepiece is a little fat, and the bolt-knob tries to touch when reloading.

I have a Bushnell Elite 4200 6-24x50 on my Remmy SPS Tactical and although it was $600 and change it is a great scope...great clarity and brightness out to the edges...I have an ITT(3rd gen starlight) on my work rifle and a Nightforce on my AR and the Bushy compares to them well!

How about the brigthness and clear of Wonder optic ??

the Buckmasters 6-18 is a great scope, if you don't mind 1/8" click value, if you want a mill dot you'll have to get it at midway, its their exclusive option, i've got one on a 24" AR that I use for prarie dogs and it works great.

But, I would really reccomend the Vortex Viper 6.5-20x44mm mill-dot, its a great scope for the money, IMHO its on par with quite a few scopes that cost twice as much as they do, if your interested in one of those check out Libertyoptics here on the hide, I just ordered one @ $439 shipped

hope that helps,

Steve

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've got a bushnell 4200 6-24x50 tactical on my .308. Real nice scope, if a little light on adjusment range. They can be had for under $600 NIB from at least one 'Hide sponsor.</div></div>

I 2nd or maybe third this!!!

This is the best bang for the buck going, every bit as good as any Leupold MK3 IMO and 1/2 the price

I have a buckmaster 3-9x40 and like it for what I paid for it. I dont have much expierence beyond that. Just my .02

A good used Luepy tactical LR or an older VXIII tactical 30 mm...Hands down... Best bang for the buck and the most rewarding and resale value only goes up......SmokeRolls