• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Best trigger for a Remington 700 aac-sd

krg648

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 2, 2011
NJ
I am putting together a Remington 700 aac-sd in a manners T2 stock with the help of a fellow hider and was looking for input on the best trigger to go with. I'm looking at possibly using the rifle basix trigger.

Re: Best trigger for a Remington 700 aac-sd

I put Timney in everything so I get a consistent feel, I have Timney in my 700s, 10-22, AR15 rifles........ You get the idea.

I put a rifle basix on mine and so far it's been fine.

I did not want anything delicate or that I had to clean all the time. So far so good 3000 rounds later.

I bought a Rifle Basix based on reviews here. So far, so good.

I'd also buy a Timney as I hear they are even better.

I went with a Timney on my 700- 5R in an AICS and it has an awesome crisp feel...I have adjusted it down to 2 lbs. A few things that I don't like though, you can decide if these are really negatives for you:
1) The bolt release gets stuck open sometimes. Not a real problem, I can dig the latch back out with a pocket knife but I just wish it moved back on it's own.
2) I had to mill space out in the AICS stock for the safety to work without binding
3) the trigger shoe is quite a bit wider than the stock Remington... again not a big deal but I liked to feel of the orginal Rem shoe

I know it sounds negative but I'm still happy with the Timney because I'm a lot more accurate with it over the stock trigger that came with my rifle.

Quite a few of the people I've shot with use the Rifle Basix trigger and are completely happy with it. I may try a Basix next or the CG Jackson in a two stage.

Rifle Basix is great, I had an issue with a trigger I ordered (My fault) and I was sent another one right away. I didn't have to send my trigger back and then I'd get a replacement. Trigger is great too.

I have a $200 credit at midwayusa so I'm going to use it on the trigger.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It doesn't really need a new trigger </div></div>

+1 a well tuned stock trigger can run with the best of them IMO, but I really only liked the old style Rem triggers. If you are set on a aftermarket trigger though, Shilen's triggers are very nice.

I have used on my 5R:
Stock trigger
Timney 510 set to 2 lbs
Jewell, set to 1.5lbs
Huber 2 stage set to 2 lbs
The rifle has been sold but if I had to do it again, for the money I would select the Timney.
SScott

I put a Timney 510 in my AAC-SD and like it a lot. More consistent and better break, IMHO, than the x mark pro factory trigger.

I have a couple of rifle basics triggers and they are pretty good however i bought a jewell and it is clearly worth the extra cost to me.

I have used many aftermarket triggers for a 700, I realy like the Shilen standard trigger the best. It is a very consistant trigger and out of the 3 I have had they are more reliable than the Jewells I have owned. I have seen the Timney triggers have issues with clearance b/c the body is too thick when using the factory safety. In my opnion the Shilen is the way to go.

I just found an old style trigger for sale on the hide for $55 and bought it. Going to use my 200 credit at midway on some ammo. Thanks for the replys guys. If this old trigger doesn't work out I can refer to your help.