• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best two point quick adjust sling for carbine?

Big Dog Steel

Premium AR500 Targets
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 30, 2008
Lima, OH
www.bigdogsteel.com
Gents,

I am in the market for a quick adjust, two point sling for a carbine. I've get a general idea of what I am leaning towards, but would like to hear what everyone else is using and why.

Thanks!

I've tried a few and always go back to one of the 2 point slings from blue force gear. I like the materials they use. Have held up great through carbine schools.

I have been using a Savvy Sniper sling for over a year now. All around good things to say about the quality of it and usability.

Last edited:
I've tried a few and always go back to one of the 2 point slings from blue force gear. I like the materials they use. Have held up great through carbine schools.

+1, I've played around with a handful of 2-point slings, and this one has met my needs.

I personally like Magpu MS3/MS4 Slings for their ability to convert from two point to one point if needed. V-TAC is a also a great options too. I have two V-Tac for my Heavy .308s and two MS3 for my AR15 Carbines.

I love the MS4 for their ability to quickly convert to a one point. I have then on all of my ARs. However, I've never tried the blue force.

I used the MS4 for a while and did like it, then when I heard all the rage about Savvy Sniper Slings I dediced to get one and give it a try and have not looked back since. Ended up selling my MS4 to a friend. If you guys have not used one of these or heard of them I highly suggest looking them up.

Last edited:
Vtac padded as well. I have an extra one slightly used. Pm me if you are interested.

I'll have to check these out

Buddy of mine was so adamant about me getting the sheriff of Baghdad sling that he bought me one haha. Its pretty slick you can go from carrying it in your back to shooting in just over a second. Just pull the skull to increase the length. I've never been a sling guy until I tried this one. I'd like to try a vtac though heard pretty good things about it too.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

I have a VTAC 2 Point sling with Quick Detach on my JP and works great so far.

Ive got 3 or 4 VCAS slings, a padded VTAC, and a Magpul MS1(original, pre-release sling).

I REALLY like the VCAS(as you can tell) with the acetal hardware. I really dislike the VTAC, mostly in the way it adjusts. I have mine on my bolt gun so its not a big deal as it doesnt get adjusted much so I havent swapped for a VCAS. I think(dont quote me) the VTAC is longer than the VCAS and thats why I got it for my bolt gun since the QD sockets are pretty far apart vs. an AR15.

I got the Magpul MS1 when they first came out and single points were all the rage(2008). Ran it for a bit as a single point, racked myself in the nuts to much, choked myself to many times, now I run it as a 2 point and its ok, but will most likely get replaced, but its on an AR that is a loaner most of the time so it serves its purpose.

For just a two-point, the Vickers sling.

If you want the ability to go from two to one-point, MS3.

Another one to look at is the Ares Armor sling. A lot of the guys here at Camp Pendleton use and rave about them. I've tried my buddies a few times and it worked well.

I still like the Vickers that we get issued better. I can hasty sling it for longer shots or losen it for ease of maneuver when doing CQT. Also quick and controlled when doing transitions and doesn't really flop around while carrying casualties.

Vtac padded with the vtac 2 to 1 adapter makes it similar to the MS4 but I just like the Vtac better.

vcas-oa-od-sling-425x283.jpg

Of course non-padded, it's a carbine.

I've had just about all of them and the padded VCAS and VTAC are the best. I personally prefer the VCAS as its a little thicker and doesn't twist up like the VTAC. With the VTAC I have to untwist the sling every time I put it on. The metal quick adjust buckle on the VTAC does work a little better than the one on the VCAS however but the slider on the VCAS still works very well. I use both and you certainly can't go wrong with either but I do prefer the padded VCAS the best.

Are you guys using these as shooting slings or just carry? Is there a popular shooting sling for an AR carbine that is also well functional for carry?

I watched the video and it doesn't discuss using the VCAS as a shooting sling at all.

I watched the video and it doesn't discuss using the VCAS as a shooting sling at all.

Do you YOUTUBE, MF?

hqdefault.jpg

You caught me drinking BUTT!!! I'm going to stay mellow. There are other vids...

If you want this wonderful but noisy and pterodactyl sling, get one:

IMG_1593.jpg

It's 2014, and the OP asked for an AR CARBINE sling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXs_3jGejxs

Only other advice I have is start taking classes from respected Carbine Class Instructors and see what they and advanced students are using.

Best to you.