• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

macab0ne

Private
Minuteman
Feb 24, 2014
central NY
Can anyone suggest any good books on long range shooting? The books by Bryan Litz have good reviews but there are several and I would not know where to start, or is there something else anyone could recommend? As someone new to shooting I am trying to soak up as much information as I can and really try to understand how things work specially out to longer ranges. Thanks for any input I appreciate any feedback.

You read my mind. I was about to make a thread for this, but specifically for shooting positions. I am hoping someone can recommend a good book on shooting positions.

Can anyone suggest any good books on long range shooting? The books by Bryan Litz have good reviews but there are several and I would not know where to start, or is there something else anyone could recommend? As someone new to shooting I am trying to soak up as much information as I can and really try to understand how things work specially out to longer ranges. Thanks for any input I appreciate any feedback.

I started reading a book called reading wind for rifle shooters. It's great, but I think I got to work on shooting positions and reloading first.

Last edited:
Easy one; Nancy Tompkin's book on Long Range and Prone shooting. Should be available through Sinclair or the other usual suspects. Bryan's books are excellent, but they aren't about shooting per se. They're about ballistics and what your bullet is doing down range. Nancy will teach you everything you want to know about position, breathing, performance, equipment, etc.. She finished second at Perry in the long range championship a week or so ago, beat out by a single X, by her oldest daughter, Michelle. Both have held national titles in LR more times than you want to think about, and are really great competitors. Recommend this one whole-heartedly!

Seems like the rifles only 2nd volume dvd is good for field positions. Now, does anybody know a good book on dry firing exercises? I bet that kind of thing would be at the end of a more general marksmanship book.

Last edited: