• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Boyd's stocks

SpringThom

Private
Minuteman
Jun 20, 2020
Paso Robles CA
Hello Guys,

I'm picking a new mossberg patriot predator with the plans to put new parts and upgrades on it, myself. Without many aftermarket stock choices, Boyd's seems like a good idea.

Has anyone used the Boyd's stocks? I actually had my eye on the heritage model in claro x walnut.

Thank you for your time and expertise.

Semper fi

For the money they're not bad (and made 70 miles down the road from me), I've replaced some pretty terrible factory plastic stocks with Boyd's and been satisfied. A couple have required a little tweaking, sanding barrel channels or cleaning up some of their inletting. Only thing that sucks is they won't do bottom metal inletting (like m5 dbm)that isn't factory original.

I have three, At-One, Thumbhole Varmint, and Pro-Varmint. They all work well. The At-One slimmer profile and doesn’t feel as comfortable to use for me as the other profiles.

Can't beat them for the money.
Fact is, the barreled action doesn't know whether it's in a four-figure McMillan or Manners- or a $200 Boyd's once it's properly pillar-bedded.

Why do you want to get a mossberg and then change it? Might as well start with something better in the first place if you know you want better than mossberg provides.

Reactions: SpringThom
Boyds offers a lot of bang for the buck, some are a little fat but they can be put on a diet with a belt sander or rasp elbow grease. If you like the kids erg go ahead and re stock it who cares it is your gun, time, and money.

Crap your dollar. You want to play around change parts upgrade stuff have fun.Some people think you have to spend the most on anything for it to be good.

I can't lie, it all happened late one evening. I really got my head wrapped around that rifle after reading articles and reviews. The momentum kept building. Now I'm here. I've got plenty of time to buy/build plenty other rigs. This is just the one for now.

Reactions: Bandit320