• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

BREAKING: Another person sets himself on fire in front of the White House.

warm diesel lights up good, cold diesel not so much. flash point is between 125 and 140

Diesel ignition is dependent on the amount of vapor in a confined space. Trying to ignite diesel in a pool on the ground without a vessel to confine the vapor does not happen easily. You can throw a match in a pool of diesel without ignition. It is NOT gasoline

Energy SourceUnitEnergy Content (Btu)
Fuel Oil no.61 Gallon152400
Diesel Fuel1 Gallon139000
Gasoline1 Gallon124000
Natural Gas1 Cubic Foot (cu.ft.)950 - 1150

Your point is what...energy or ignition?

AJ...know you were in the Army but I respectfully need to add that some of us who didn't serve have pretty extensive experience with explosives or combustible materials.

That is because diesel has a lower autoignition temperature and a higher energy content than gasoline. Gasoline has a lower flash point.

That is why diesel motors don't need to use spark plugs.

Your point is what...energy or ignition?

AJ...know you were in the Army but I respectfully need to add that some of us who didn't serve have pretty extensive experience with explosives or combustible materials.

So... thoughts on what homedude was doused in?

I've never seen a burn quite like that, and the uniformity from head to toe diminishes the "grease fire" aspects since homedudes shoes were putting off a lot of what I'm wondering about. That makes me think it's one mixture of something. I guess it could just be diesel. I don't typically burn that stuff so I'm not sure.

So... thoughts on what homedude was doused in?

I've never seen a burn quite like that, and the uniformity from head to toe diminishes the "grease fire" aspects since homedudes shoes were putting off a lot of what I'm wondering about. That makes me think it's one mixture of something. I guess it could just be diesel. I don't typically burn that stuff so I'm not sure.

A harmonious mixture of Gasoline/Soap/Diesel...

Mix well.
Soak or spread on clothes
Bonfire

Wasn't diesel or gas it was SHC , "spontaneous human combustion" thats why the fire was so consistent over his entire body.

Reactions: ArmyJerry
Whatever, he mixed some fuel up, poured it over himself and did the Bic lighter dance. Don't give a fuck about how hot a match is nor the fuel mixture.
I hope he left notes as to mixture and ignition source for any that want to follow him.

Reminds me of my days watching shit burn in RVN. FM

Intense suffering and loss of life bugs me. At the very least, I can try to learn something from it. Whatever that guy's goal was is completely lost on me, so pretty much the only thing about the whole situation that's even a little bit interesting is WTF was putting off that neat, consistent flame that lasted a good long while, which also didn't seem to bother that fucktard too much.

Drugs might have had a bit to do with that, but even people that've consumed enough shit well beyond their ability to cope wake up screaming when their cherry sets the mattress on fire.

Reactions: Ravenworks
Gas and diesel have near the same flame speed when a mist or stoichiometric.

F93B1081-2E3F-4645-A4C3-E3EAE61BE0E7.jpeg

Yes agreed Bender. Using nearby markers for reference it appears the towering inferno is about 9 feet tall.

Ok...I'll be the first to say it....doesn't look real.

People are claiming they saw him running on the white house lawn. "White house lawn on fire!"

I have a hard time believing anything anymore.

The picture looks like he still has hair and a beard.
Wtf burns that orange?
How the F is he walking? Standing? Not screaming as he waits for his closeup with the fire extinguisher?

Is it possible to contrive such a thing? Where are reports on his condition?
He would almost have to be dead at this point....right? Yes?

I have numerous burning questions.

There’s police all over the area and probably carry extinguishers in thier cars since the place attracts this sort of thing.

It is the available vapor content and vapor generated for ignition that matters. Look at the safety warnings for gasoline vs. diesel, kerosene, fuel oil. The former reads: "Danger. Extremely flammable", while the latter are "Combustible". You can use diesel or even fuel oil in a traditional wick lantern with no issues. If you use gasoline, on the other hand, you will have a VERY bad day.

Clothing, fabric, etc. acts just like a lamp or torch wick. A porous material soaked in even the heaviest solvent, will ignite readily.

Reactions: Nik H
Arnav Gupta
33 years old from India

Gupta had been reported missing by Montgomery County Police on Wednesday after family members said they had last seen him earlier that morning. Family reported they were concerned about his emotional and physical well being.

Well, they found him and ... maybe we will learn what "set him off" so to speak.

HANDOUT_ArnavGupta_1559214039804_7328618_ver1.0_1280_720.jpg

He's dead now

He's better off that way...

Probably never regained conciousness again after he went down. There are few things in this world as horrifying and agonizing as full body burns. The final stages of radiation sickness or rabies ranks up there along with it.

Reactions: Ravenworks
Centuriator shouldn't comment unless he shows a video of himself doing the same thing, lol.

Dang. Hope he was drugged up a lot. Thats pure hell right there. Im more along the lines of just mental illness vs political stunt to show the trump is a bad guy.

Whatever made him go, guessing his worried family could have tried to get him some help. Always easy to quarterback from my chair though.

I have seen and heard first hand about the aftermath of catastrophic burns. My old work friend doesnt have finger tips. About 60% of his face and his head where it was covered with his flight helmet is all that wasnt burned.