• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Brisket Recipe

USDA prime brisket from Costco! Salt and pepper rub night before. Take out of fridge 5-6 hours before it goes on the smoker (room temp). Smoke at 250'ish for 4-5 hrs. using mesquite or white oak. Wrap tight with pink butcher paper and continue cooking until brisket reaches 195ish. Start poking with thermapen or thermometer until it feels like it's going into hot butter 200-205ish (every brisket is different). Take out of smoker a let sit on counter for 20-30 min. (Stop cooking). Double wrap in foil and beach towels and let rest in cooler until guests arrive. Will hold in cooler for hours! When you take it out to slice against the grain, it will melt in your mouth! Slice flat and chop point for burnt ends.

Season with salt, peper, and garlic. 225-250F until internal temp is 160Fish. Wrap with foil or paper until 205-215F (they all cook different, and some need longer before the fat renders).

Reactions: metalicat
Don't get too depressed if it doesn't come out just right :). Not that I know anything about that.

Here’s the method(bludawg) I use! preface-I only use prime grade brisket, and this done using a pellet smoker!

Mix your Rub
1 part kosher salt 4 parts Med grind Black pepper by volume( this is a true 50/50 BY weight)
apply a coat of rub you need to be able to see the meat through the rub clearly.

Pre heat the pit to 300 deg
place brisket on the pit Fat Cap Down and point to the firebox unless it is a RF cooker then point to away from FB

Maintain pit between 275-325 if cookin on a stick burner
cook Brisket 4 hrs
remove from pit wrap in a single layer of Butcher paper Return to pit Fat cap up.
after 1 hr probe the thicket part of the Flat only! If it isn't *probe tender it should be within 1 hr.
once it is probe tender remove from the pit keep it wrapped in the paper you cooked it in and allow it to rest on your counter until the Internal temp reaches 150 this will take about two hrs.
Don't ever slice more than you can eat big pieces retain moisture and won't dry up on you like slices will

*PROBE TENDER>This is the feel that is mimicked by cutting room temperature butter with a hot knife, there should be no drag

Throw the brisket in the trash and buy a rib roll. You are welcome.

• Haha
Reactions: supercorndogs
Prep the brisket. Pat it dry with a paper towel. Rub liberally with olive oil. Coat well with Tex-Joy barbecue seasoning. Smoke at 250F to 195. Let rest for an hour or more. Slice and serve. You'll hit "the stall" at around 160. Some will wrap their meat in Saran Wrap to move through it quicker. I just smoke through it. Both ways work.

amazingribs.com has great information on smoking meats. I use their info for Boston butt, ribs, and brisket. I have invited Texas and Tennessee people over at different times and afterwards both told they were not expecting good brisket! Both were very impressed.

Malcom Reed has some good recipes, And YouTube videos. Here is his brisket :

Love my Traeger. Lots of good options, from pizza to cookies and meat. Also smoke the veggies before making salsa, adds a bit extra flavor.

Malcom Reed has some good recipes, And YouTube videos. Here is his brisket :

Love my Traeger. Lots of good options, from pizza to cookies and meat. Also smoke the veggies before making salsa, adds a bit extra flavor.

That dude can flat out cook. His chili recipe is now my chili recipe LOL.

If you're new to your smoker or brisket, I'd get a grate thermometer and internal temp monitor for the meat. Most of those build in temp controls have lots of variance.

Reactions: G-Dog
Keep at it. I have had successes and failures. Burnt ends are everything they say they are. Don't trim the fat too much. Injecting has not worked for me. I think it's more about the meat than the process.

I do. Low sodium beef broth. Works great. As stated before read amazingribs.com info on brisket. Very good Information. You don’t have to use it but you learn a lot.
I seperate the point and flat and use the crunch method so it’s ready by supper.

When I used to smoke choice briskets I would inject. I used a mixture of beef broth and Dale's. Once I found the prime briskets at Costco, there's no need to inject anymore.

Reactions: SkyScrapin