• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Broke an X-Mark Pro trigger, need advice

MontanaMarine

MGySgt, Ret.
Minuteman
Dec 9, 2001
Canyon Ferry, MT
The finger lever broke off at the adjustment screw, must have inadvertantly bumped it while it was out of the stock.

anyway, I'm looking for a LH replacement trigger. I noticed on Rifle Basix website that only their "K" type triggers will fit a rifle originally fitted with the x-mark pro, and they only come in RH.

Hoping someone here can confirm if any aftermarket M700 trigger will fit, or not, on a new Remington equipped with the X-Mark Pro trigger. I'm looking at Rifle Basix, and Timney, right now.

Thanks, Shane

Re: Broke an X-Mark Pro trigger, need advice

Theres an older Remington Left Handed trigger on Gunbroker right now. It'll pop right in and should be ALOT better then the X-Mark.

I emailed that guy on gunbroker in pic #1 it is a left hand trigger in the rest of the pics it is a right hand trigger, he never has replied.
This is the third time I have read of this happening on an xmark.

any trigger for a rem 700 Left hand will drop straight in including the Rifle Basix. The sear position and safty position are all the same you can swap an old trigger to an X Mark trigger and back no problems.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stillbuster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...This is the third time I have read of this happening on an xmark. </div></div>

Good info right there. It looks like a bad design with that hole through it right at the top of the finger lever. Sorta creates a weak spot right where the most strength is needed.

Thanks for all the quick answers.

I'm in a similar situation in hunting for a LH X-Mark replacement. There are plenty of options for RH triggers, but LHs are much harder to find, as it sounds like you've seen, too. I'm probably just going to scrape up the change for a few weeks and get a Jewell, which might be another option for ya.

zold

I just received my replacement LH M700 trigger today. It's a factory Rem trigger ordered through MidwayUSA. It's the old style Rem trigger, complete with safety and bolt release, for $68.00