• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Broke the Dillon RL 550

JSTARSZ

Lefty's Rule
Minuteman
  • Feb 6, 2008
    Wolftown
    100_0725.jpg

I was reloading 223 this weekend and snap - broke the Dillon. I have had this RL 550 for about 15 years and it has been a workhorse. I called Dillon the first thing Monday morning and they wanted a picture of the broken piece. I sent the picture to them and they called me back and said they will have the part out to fix the 550 within a couple of days. That is a warranty with service.

Re: Broke the Dillon RL 550

I have used Dillon products for over 20 years. I can not tell how many thousands of pistol rounds I have loaded on my Dillon 550. I also have broken several things. I call dillon and they just replace it. GREAT customer service.

My experience with Dillon has been that even if it is my fault that I broke it (which it usually is) they almost always send replacement parts out free of charge. A great company with even better customer service.

The other good think about Dillon is their 'refresh' option. You basically send them your and $30. They go through it and it comes back like new. The $30 mainly covers shipping.

Mine came back with a complete new bottom end and reworked powder dispenser with new clear top.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JSTARSZ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    100_0725.jpg

I was reloading 223 this weekend and snap - broke the Dillon. I have had this RL 550 for about 15 years and it has been a workhorse. I called Dillon the first thing Monday morning and they wanted a picture of the broken piece. I sent the picture to them and they called me back and said they will have the part out to fix the 550 within a couple of days. That is a warranty with service.

</div></div>

Dude your crimping a little too tight!
    grin.gif

Service is NORMAL for Dillon, but, reloading 223, WOW!!!!
    15yrs, had to be a stress fracture..........
    My FL 1500 (huge moma) wn't start up anymore, w/out me slapping the CW undeneath to get er' started..........LOL
    Wish I had a record of the HOURS and #'s of cases, that dude has cleaned since '95................

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Two Shoes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Service is NORMAL for Dillon, but, reloading 223, WOW!!!!
    15yrs, had to be a stress fracture..........
    My FL 1500 (huge moma) wn't start up anymore, w/out me slapping the CW undeneath to get er' started..........LOL
    Wish I had a record of the HOURS and #'s of cases, that dude has cleaned since '95................</div></div>

The Dillon has also travelled throughout my career in the Army and has been on many of long moves which probably also contributed to the stress of the steel. The one good thing is I have a second 550 so I was able to finish the reloading of 223.
    grin.gif