• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Brownell’s Match Optic

Any news/feedback?

So far so good. The double lines in the reticle are not for everyone, but it seems to work well enough for my purposes. I was never really an ultra thin reticle kind of guy.

No mechanical issues so far. Overall, it seems like a very competent design at a very good price.

ILya

Name one place where one of the scopes you mentioned can be bought, used and returned for a full refund. Imo, a lot less risky than buying either of those pieces shit.

Bushnell offers the return of the purchase price if you are not satisfied.

I can’t trust Bushnell after they fucked me on my DMR warranty.

Plus I feel like it’s only a matter of time until their Tactical division gets shut down by their VC funding in the wake of the next tragedy in an attempt at virtue signaling.

At least with Vortex and Brownells I know what side of the fence they’re on.

Looking forward to ordering one of these once the 5-25 is in stock and there’s a good coupon running.

How did they fuck you, on your DMR warranty? You probably need to run your situation up the ladder, generally people receive a new model of scope for their discontinued scopes going in for warranty, and are very happy.

Does anyone have any first hand feedback on this yet? I looking at getting one of these or a Vortex PST Gen 2 for a Grendel build and can’t find a whole lot of feedback out there. I’m very interested in the optical clarity and quality of the MPO.

Reactions: Three57
Does anyone have any first hand feedback on this yet? I looking at getting one of these or a Vortex PST Gen 2 for a Grendel build and can’t find a whole lot of feedback out there. I’m very interested in the optical clarity and quality of the MPO.

I have both the PST and the MPO. I plan on selling my PST and buying another MPO. The turrets on the MPO arebetter than the PST. I like the reticle on the MPO, but it might not before everyone. I think the glass on the MPO is better than the PST. With that said I haven't got the range with it yet. I to have sometime next week.

Reactions: flyby71 and jafo96
Just in case anyone is planning to use one of Brownells 10% off codes on a MPO scope, they will not let you use a coupon code on one. ???

Just in case anyone is planning to use one of Brownells 10% off codes on a MPO scope, they will not let you use a coupon code on one. ???

I just put an MPO in my cart and used "RTB" for 10% off and total was $909 shipped.

TM6

Reactions: Shooter McGavin
I just put an MPO in my cart and used "RTB" for 10% off and total was $909 shipped.

TM6
I don’t know how it’s letting you do that. I’ll post a pic of what I see.
7A8244A1-1C32-49C4-B294-CE2C8FC54961.jpeg

When you click the "RTB" code banner at the top of the page, this list of conditions and exclusions come up. I've seen this with every code that I've tried since the MPOs have been available. Eventually, hopefully, they'll give a discount on them. My suspicion is that they're already running at or pretty close to acceptable margin offering these at "introductory prices" to get the word out and therefore won't discount them like most of their other products.
brownells_code_exclusions.png

I don't know either other than entering my zip, then "RTB" and this is what I see:

LRTS-MPO 008.JPG

Reactions: CodeMonkey
Why would someone buy this over lets say a bushnell DMR ii 3.5x21x50 or a LRTS 4.5x18x44 thats like 300bucks cheaper? has anyone compared them side by side?

Reactions: Seymour Fish
When you click the "RTB" code banner at the top of the page, this list of conditions and exclusions come up. I've seen this with every code that I've tried since the MPOs have been available. Eventually, hopefully, they'll give a discount on them. My suspicion is that they're already running at or pretty close to acceptable margin offering these at "introductory prices" to get the word out and therefore won't discount them like most of their other products.
View attachment 7234202
Maybe that’s the case. I figured at the least they could at least offer free shipping when you buy it. I sent an email expressing my displeasure, doubt it will make a difference.

I didn’t complain to them. I asked about the future availability of using a code. I expressed that I had anticipated using a code and that it was not available for use.

How are these stacking up against the DMRII? I’m thinking about replacing my DMRII (non pro) with the 5-25 MPOs. I like the reticle, illumination, and price point.

Reactions: flyby71 and A-Rob
How does the glass compare to a GEN II Razor or other scopes similar to the GEN II ?
I know it costs much less and that is not my concern, I own a GEN II and simply want an opinion from someone that has access to both scopes .
Thanks!

Reactions: flyby71
How does the glass compare to a GEN II Razor or other scopes similar to the GEN II ?
I know it costs much less and that is not my concern, I own a GEN II and simply want an opinion from someone that has access to both scopes .
Thanks!

I have both. The Razor has slightly better glass. That said the MPO has good glass. Here's where the MPO shines, the weight and price. The Razor has a proven record were as the MPO is new. That said I plan on getting at least two more MPOs.

Reactions: CrabsandFootball
I Love my Razor but it is a little heavy and if the glass is close between the two the weight savings may be worth it for my hunting rifles.
I may give it a try but wait a few months to see how it shakes out amongst The Hide!

I Love my Razor but it is a little heavy and if the glass is close between the two the weight savings may be worth it for my hunting rifles.
I may give it a try but wait a few months to see how it shakes out amongst The Hide!

Waiting is a good plan. If there's any issue you won't be caught up in them. I noticed with the Arken scopes that people were having problems right out of the box.

I have the Arken 6-24 and the MPO. I find the Arken has a super forgiving eye box and very tactile adjustments but the MPO is very good overall as a scope. I have no issue buying several of the MPOs since they are backed by Brownells.

I have the Arken 6-24 and the MPO. I find the Arken has a super forgiving eye box and very tactile adjustments but the MPO is very good overall as a scope. I have no issue buying several of the MPOs since they are backed by Brownells.

I found on the Arken EP4 6-24 that the tactile adjustments would have me go past my intended elevation that I wanted as they are stiff and need a little force to move them. The MPO is less tactile than the EP, but still is tactile and very easy to make small adjustments without over shooting your intended adjustment, at least on the one the EP I had.

I have both. The Razor has slightly better glass. That said the MPO has good glass. Here's where the MPO shines, the weight and price. The Razor has a proven record were as the MPO is new. That said I plan on getting at least two more MPOs.

Hows about parallax adjustment? I find the Razors to be one of the best I've used.

Hows about parallax adjustment? I find the Razors to be one of the best I've used.

What about the parallax specifically? Like, will it remove parallax? I guess I never thought about parallax being better in one scope vs. another outside of Kahles vs. all other scopes.

What about the parallax specifically? Like, will it remove parallax? I guess I never thought about parallax being better in one scope vs. another outside of Kahles vs. all other scopes.

Yes-I've never looked through a Kahles but my Nightforce/Razor do a noticeably better job of getting everything on same plane than say my XTR2 and other lower end chunks of glass. My Razor specifically (4.5-27) is really good at bringing everything together for me. NF too-but it's a 4-16.

For those of you that have one, how is the double lined reticle? It almost looks annoying even though I understand the rationale. Would have to think long and hard about that myself..

For those of you that have one, how is the double lined reticle? It almost looks annoying even though I understand the rationale. Would have to think long and hard about that myself..

You would think it could be annoying especially at 16x, but it's not. It's a very usable reticle. It may not before everyone, however I like it. Also, you could order one and if you don't like it return it for a full refund.

Yes-I've never looked through a Kahles but my Nightforce/Razor do a noticeably better job of getting everything on same plane than say my XTR2 and other lower end chunks of glass. My Razor specifically (4.5-27) is really good at bringing everything together for me. NF too-but it's a 4-16.

You either need to return your XTR for repair or your eyepiece is not set up correctly.

ILya

So far so good. The double lines in the reticle are not for everyone, but it seems to work well enough for my purposes. I was never really an ultra thin reticle kind of guy.

No mechanical issues so far. Overall, it seems like a very competent design at a very good price.

ILya

Was curious if you have spent anymore time with the optic and have anymore feedback. Specifically compared to the SWFA 5-20 or Bushnell LRTSi 4.5-18 which seem to be the most recommended in this price range.

Reactions: wb00757
Was curious if you have spent anymore time with the optic and have anymore feedback. Specifically compared to the SWFA 5-20 or Bushnell LRTSi 4.5-18 which seem to be the most recommended in this price range.

I liked the 3-18x50 quite a lot. It was part of my mid-range comparison.

As a general purpose precision scope, it is probably my pick for $1k overall. I think SWFA is a little better optically, but it is more expensive and does not have a zero stop or tree reticle.

LRTSi is very nice, but comparing here is hard due to difference in erector ratios. One is a 4x erector, while the other is a 6x erector. You kinda need to decide how much FOV you need on the low end.

ILya

Sorry if I missed it, what is minimum parallax on these? It’s not listed on website.

thinking of one for 22LR.

Sorry for the late post but I’ve had my Brownell’s MPO 5-25x56 for over 3 months and wanted to wait to give my review. This scope is mounted on my Tikka TAC A1 in 6.5CM in a Warne XSKEL 20MOA cantilever Mount. With this 20moa mount and sun shade there is just enough room for the included flip covers. With the sun shape on, this is a huge scope! I was on the fence between this scope, a Primary Arms PLX 6-30x56 FFP a Nghtforce SHV 5-20x56 SFP, a Vortex Viper PST Gen II 5-25x50 FFP, and a Burris XTR II 5-25x50mm FFP. Out of those scopes only the Vortex was the same price. I do like the EBR-7C reticle in the Vortex. After mulling this over for quite a while, I decided on the Brownell’s.
If weight is your number one priority look elsewhere. It’s 6ozs heavier than the Vortex. That being said it has a 34mm tube and everything about it feels heavy duty. The Tikka isn’t a lightweight rifle so the weight issue isn’t a concern for me. Speaking of concerns, Brownell’s warranty is forever no questions asked as it has been for years.
The glass on the MPO is very good Japanese glass. It’s as good as the Vortex, Burris, or Primary Arms. (maybe a bit better at higher magnification?) Before you ask I have friends with the Vortex, Burris and PA scopes. We all compared and they were impressed with the MOO’s glass too. Almost zero chromatic aberration at 25x!
At first I didn’t know if I was going to like the N-ORM reticle. At low magnification it appears as one cross hair. At higher magnification you can distinguish the two thin line cross hairs. The center dot is invisible under 10x On higher power its small enough that it doesn’t cover the target. The upper portion of the reticle is clear. The lower portion has the typical Christmas tree affair. I think reticles are a very personal choice for most of us. What I or someone else may like someone else might hate? Two of my friends did not like the MPO reticle. However I’m now a fan of this reticle from Brownell’s . Everything being a compromise this might be the best I’ve seen. I performed a tracking test at 100yrds. (0.1 MARD per click) 20 clicks up, 20 clicks right, 40 clicks down, 20 clicks left, 20 clicks up, the last shot was touching the initial shot and the corresponding mill values
1mil=3.6” (at 20 Mils elevation I was 7.1” at 20 mils windage I was right at 7.2” off center.) I’m calling tracking spot on. Clicks are loud and very tactile. I also like the Glock style knurling on the knobs. (No I’m not a Glock fanboy! These serrations are very grippy without chewing your fingers up) Zero stop is standard and easy with elevation going a half mill below zero. The windage knob cover is large and can be used as a shot glass if needed! The Parallax knob was very stiff at first but has since become easier to operate. Illumination is not bright daylight bright but you don’t need illumination in bright daylight. In overcast or low light it’s more than adequate. Now to me eye box is extremely important. This scope has a very forgiving eye box even at 25x. Eye relief is between 3.75”-4.25”. The throw lever is a very nice touch to be included. The eye piece was easy to focus even for my 60yr old eyes.
I dropped my Tikka, putting it on my work bench for cleaning. (Yeah I know) My garage floor is concrete and although this isn’t a torture test, a 14lb rifle hitting the ground from 4’ on the illumination knob isn’t exactly a gentle impact. The result was no damage, no shift in POI, everything stayed tight. I highly recommend all of Warne’s mounts and rings. They’re all I’ve used in 40yrs of shooting.
So if your looking for a long range scope and only have $1400, should you get the Brownell’s MPO 5-25x56? If this matters to you, I like this scope so much I’m buying another one for the custom .300 PRC I’m putting together. I’ll deal with the weight because the quality of this scope, especially for one at $1000 is unmatched.
Pro’s- all the above
Cons-weight , rotation arrows on top, can’t be seen without shift position

@gdonley308
I second everything you said about this optic. The biggest issue most people will probably have initially is the reticle, but it really is an excellent design and it really grows on you. After using mine for a few months I got behind a buddy's PST II and it made me want to pick up my MPO again... So much of optics is preference but this is a seriously good choice and very under rated.

@gdonley308
I second everything you said about this optic. The biggest issue most people will probably have initially is the reticle, but it really is an excellent design and it really grows on you. After using mine for a few months I got behind a buddy's PST II and it made me want to pick up my MPO again... So much of optics is preference but this is a seriously good choice and very under rated.

My two friends, who have the Viper PST Gen II (even with the EBR-7C reticle), think the MPO is a better piece of glass. One of them just can’t warm up to the reticle on the MPO.

Reactions: Shooter McGavin