• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Building the Perfect Reloading Room

View attachment 7580793
update on #695. Got the shelves built. 2x12s on 1” pipe pedestals and the back secured to each shelf. It doesn’t move.
Looks great man. I really like the look of the brackets and plan to do the same.

How do you like the solid door top? I’m debating between that and double 3/4” ply (w/ the top sheet being BC).

Reactions: BKSSNIPER
Looks great man. I really like the look of the brackets and plan to do the same.

How do you like the solid door top? I’m debating between that and double 3/4” ply (w/ the top sheet being BC)
I went with the door because it was cheaper than a sheet of cabinet grade plywood at the time and my ability to cut a straight line is debatable, haha. It appears that the door has went up in price now, like everything.

I went with the door because it was cheaper than a sheet of cabinet grade plywood at the time and my ability to cut a straight line is debatable, haha. It appears that the door has went up in price now, like everything.
Well that’s where you factor in the cost of some new tools. If you aren’t buying a new tool with each project, you’re doing it wrong. 😂

Finished up my new room. I have a few small things left to do. I just need to do some minor wiring and install my last inline fabrication mount to store my other press. Pretty happy with everything
20210321_174659.jpg
20210321_174650.jpg
Screenshot_20210321-174944_Gallery.jpg
20210321_174707.jpg

Gents,

Starting my reloading chapter of my life, life in an apartment but have a dedicated room for my office and 2A habit. I have setup a 6x2x3 reloading bench, and I am now beginning to design how I want to lay it out before I bolt things down.

I want this small bench to double as a reloading center and also a small work space for basic rifle work:
20210403_153047.jpg

Here are my raw/open thoughts I need your help on:

1.) 419 Zero bolted just to the right of where it is now, with enough space for components and gray ops rack to the left;
2.) (not pictured) Autotrickler v3 to the far rightof the press (where the other components are):
3.) I want to put the heat generating compontents (AMP II and case trimmer, pictured) on a mobile cart that I can tuck underneath the bench, and can unplug as needed, and setup to the right of me when sitting at the bench.
4.) Anything flammable is kept in OEM containners, plastic lockers in another room.

Thoughts?

Gents,

Starting my reloading chapter of my life, life in an apartment but have a dedicated room for my office and 2A habit. I have setup a 6x2x3 reloading bench, and I am now beginning to design how I want to lay it out before I bolt things down.

I want this small bench to double as a reloading center and also a small work space for basic rifle work:
View attachment 7596915

1.) 419 Zero bolted just to the right of where it is now, with enough space for components and gray ops rack to the left;
2.) (not pictured) Autotrickler v3 to the far rightof the press (where the other components are):
3.) I want to put the heat generating compontents (AMP II and case trimmer, pictured) on a mobile cart that I can tuck underneath the bench, and can unplug as needed, and setup to the right of me when sitting at the bench.
4.) Anything flammable is kept in OEM containners, plastic lockers in another room.

Thoughts?

what are you reloading? Won’t be doing much these days. I won’t say better late than never, but these days? You better have more money than sense. Lol

Reactions: M1A1Abrams
Gents,

View attachment 7596915

Thoughts?
My best advice is to simulate loading before you mount. My old reloading room looked like it would work good but my press was not in the best spot. Also the inlinefabrication qc mount is cool. I just set my bench up with two stands to store my presses and a flush mount on my bench top. This allows me to use my bench to load and move the press out if the way if I need to work in my guns.
20210404_102750.jpg
20210404_102721.jpg
20210404_102915.jpg

I do appreciate the 419/big dog and similar setups as it allows me to push it further back on the table and still manipulate the press. I need to do some small troubleshooting to shim the bench, just some slight wiggle still.

The bench is tall enough for me to stand at and/or high sit at (with a stool), so there is enough storaget here to kick a cart underneath.

In essense, I am channeling my wife's needs for "tiny home" living and trying to go as high end/organized/small foot print as possible.

Gents,

View attachment 7596915

Thoughts?

It looks like a nice clean set-up. I would work in some shelves or cabinets over the table top. Its a good idea to lay out your tools and make a test run before drilling holes. Maybe use some "C Clamps" to hold things down before making them permanent.

He's starting with an AMP, Zero Press, V3, giraud trimmer, and more. Isn’t it blatantly obvious he has more money than sense. 🤪

You could also look at it as he has money and sense instead of starting with older/slower/cheaper reloading tools and spending 2x the money upgrading them over the next two years to the same exact setup he has now.

Gents,

View attachment 7596915

Thoughts?
this is just freaking insane . you say it very humbling here are my thoughts. BOY FOR SURE YOU GOT PLENTY OF MONEY TO SAPARE.

Buy once, cry once. Maybe he saved a ton of money by going straight to the gold standards?
How much reloading would you have to do before ALL of the reloading equip is paid for before you begin to save money? My guess is NEVER

maybe after 40-50000 rounds lol

How much reloading would you have to do before ALL of the reloading equip is paid for before you begin to save money? My guess is NEVER

You can’t take the money with you. Buy quality stuff from the start and you won’t have to worry (as much) about failures, replacement parts, or quality issues later. You can also pass it down to your kids or friends’ kids if you ever tire of using it.

That’s what makes it pay for itself. But that’s just the way I look at things.

I don't reload to save money. I can reload pistol and plinking ammo and save some money. But my precision stuff is a different story. It's not cheap to make and I will most likely never save enough money to cover my initial investment. One can make high quality precision ammo with less gear for sure. But the expensive gear makes the process faster and many times more consistent and accurate.

Here is a good example. Before I bought my Giraud power trimmer it would take well over a minute per round to trim, chamfer, and de-bur a piece of brass. Now it takes a few seconds. Spare time is hard to come by and I would rather save as much as possible. Just like race cars, it cost money to go faster

He's starting with an AMP, Zero Press, V3, giraud trimmer, and more. Isn’t it blatantly obvious he has more money than sense. 🤪
That's what I think every time I see someone buying a new 3/4 or 1ton diesel truck and they don't haul anything.... That's just what they choose to spend their money on.
Or how about a $20k motorcycle that they can only ride about 5 months a year (I live in the north east).

That's what I think every time I see someone buying a new 3/4 or 1ton diesel truck and they don't haul anything.... That's just what they choose to spend their money on.
Or how about a $20k motorcycle that they can only ride about 5 months a year (I live in the north east).
Yeah. See, the cool thing is it’s his money, and he can choose to do with it as he wishes.

The fact he spends his money on firearms-related luxury items drives to market to innovate, lowering prices on older technology. We all win in the end.

I’ve been slowly getting my setup together. I’m working with a limited budget being a disabled vet and a single father to a five year old but it’s coming along. Bench on the left is for all the press work, the one on the right is for case prep and weapons maintenance. I mainly load for rifle so I only have single stage presses. A Rockchucker for de-priming and resizing, a summit for seating. I bring up the page out of the book on the case dimensions and other reloading data on a laptop, and it shows up on the screen on top of the bench so I don’t have to keep a book close by.
31833E6A-3E22-4FE9-ADEE-ACCA9761F09B.jpeg

Last edited:
It's not about saving money when it comes to most here in this forum.
Well I quoted the “maybe he saved a ton of money buying the gold standard” which I replied he saved no money. Perhaps some time.

I’ve been slowly getting my setup together. I’m working with a limited budget being a disabled vet and a single father to a five year old but it’s coming along. Bench on the left is for all the press work, the one on the right is for case prep and weapons maintenance. I mainly load for rifle so I only have single stage presses. A Rockchucker for de-priming and resizing, a summit for seating. I bring up the page out of the book on the case dimensions and other reloading data on a laptop, and it shows up on the screen on top of the bench so I don’t have to keep a book close by. View attachment 7661604
Hey @Spindrift7 what are you lacking and what are you loading ?

Hey @Spindrift7 what are you lacking and what are you loading ?
I just have to get a couple small things now. Need a new digital scale (been comparing those and reading reviews). That’s about it. There’sa couple things that I want, but don’t necessarily need. I load for my 6.5 Creedmoor, a buddies .308, and every now and then, 357 for my dad. Eventually I will get a progressive press for my 9mm. I just started in steel challenge matches so a progressive would really help. Have any suggestions as far as the scale goes? I also don’t have any run out, or concentricity gauges but was told you don’t REALLY need those, is that correct?

I just have to get a couple small things now. Need a new digital scale (been comparing those and reading reviews). That’s about it. There’sa couple things that I want, but don’t necessarily need. I load for my 6.5 Creedmoor, a buddies .308, and every now and then, 357 for my dad. Eventually I will get a progressive press for my 9mm. I just started in steel challenge matches so a progressive would really help. Have any suggestions as far as the scale goes? I also don’t have any run out, or concentricity gauges but was told you don’t REALLY need those, is that correct?
PM sent

That's an amazing reloading room. The only thing it's missing is a nice leather couch, a beer fridge and a large flat screen on the wall so you can watch college football while a couple of hot Russian hookers does your brass prep for you and grabs you a beer when you get thirsty.

Just saying.

Reactions: JustSendit
That's an amazing reloading room. The only thing it's missing is a nice leather couch, a beer fridge and a large flat screen on the wall so you can watch college football while a couple of hot Russian hookers does your brass prep for you and grabs you a beer when you get thirsty.

Just saying.
Those are in other rooms. 😉

Not always about saving money. At lot has to to with consistent results and making reloading more fun. I have the same equipment and I'll tell you what that Giraud is worth every penny. I HATE trimming cases and with that I can knock out 1k cases at a time with ease. The Zero is also great because I don't have to reset up my dies with each new case I load for. I can just get a spare turret head and keep loading. Its one accurate SOB for a turret press too. As for the autotrickler. Well if you want accurate ammo you better have an accurate scale so that thing speaks for itself.

Yup, there's also threaded rod with nuts on either end under every plug.

View attachment 7699202
Where the heck did you find straight wood? When I purchase wood and it needs to be straight, I feel like I am unbending ribs on a sail boat hull, just trying to get it straight. Get the best you can find home and it is the definition of a compound curve :rolleyes: Feel like I am stringing an English Longbow. (Quarter sawn wood just isn’t to be found)

Where the heck did you find straight wood? When I purchase wood and it needs to be straight, I feel like I am unbending ribs on a sail boat hull, just trying to get it straight. Get the best you can find home and it is the definition of a compound curve :rolleyes: Feel like I am stringing an English Longbow. (Quarter sawn wood just isn’t to be found)
Pipe clamps! A lot of them. It really is insane what they are passing off as lumber. Not too long ago it was called the cull pile.

Last edited:
I'm considering building a larger workbench for my soon-to-exist workshop. What sort of protectant would work well for the bench top?