• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Building perfect brass sorting/processing/reloading space

That's a good idea for rifle cases. I'm gonna do that in one side of my garage. I don't have 3 bays but only one doesn't have sheet rock on it so I can attach to the joist and put those blasted things up there. I mean, you gotta have em, but man do they take up a lot of room. The soft 3 main ones I use I can keep in my closer for guns but the hard cases need a new home and that's perfect. I don't know why I didn't think of that before, we used to store fishing rods that way... anywho, so glad you posted that!
Glad I could help

I needed a place for all my scrap wood, and long boxes/rifle cases/etx

4.5’ wide x 8’ long. Those 3 pieces of wood, are the scrap 10” pieces from the workbench build

Reactions: RegionRat
I know there are better ways to store it, but I can only do so much with what I have
If you insulate it all and have an ac unit( be that a split system or a window unit, so long as you have one with a thermostat that maintains the temp in there , it will be fine. You really have to have air conditioning or it's just not good. Now you could store powder inside the house and then just bring it out to load and thus, not have to have the ac running all the time out there. That would work but if you want to keep it out there you need ac

Any recommendation on what I can do better?

Build a big wooden box, with independent dehumidifier??
No exposure to direct to outside doors/window/garage door. Some kidn of wood partitione shelving for hazmat purposes. If you want to dual-zone climate control, proably a way to do a cabinent in various configurations. Some guys might do cabinetry, other guys might drop a small closet, etc.

Another alterntive, eg is just do charging operations on your bench, etc and store powder in an area already climate controlled, or whatever.

Gucci tier? Looks like humidor for cigar storage, with digital kestrel drops in each powder keg, etc. LOL...hey when its $5/shot...

Litz basic point was that if you are reloading for single-digit SDs, adivised to keep track of humidity both level and ∆levels, because h20 content impacts the way the powder converts to energy. Basically its a source of MV variation and SD ∆ that is big enough to show up on target.

IMG_6051.jpeg

IMG_6053.jpeg

Got more insulation complete tonight
(2) buckets of 45 are cleaned
Little by little, keep making progress whenever I can

IMG_6102.jpeg

Circuit box is complete and cleaned up

IMG_6104.jpeg

Part of my patch collection up

IMG_6099.jpeg
IMG_6100.jpeg
IMG_6101.jpeg

Exterior lights all done

IMG_6103.jpeg

Bench with all (3) dedicated 20A power strips installed

Tomorrow I’ll be down at shop setting up all the machines and hopefully getting them all running!!

View attachment 8351947

Circuit box is complete and cleaned up

View attachment 8351949

Part of my patch collection up

View attachment 8351950View attachment 8351951View attachment 8351953

Exterior lights all done

View attachment 8351955

Bench with all (3) dedicated 20A power strips installed

Tomorrow I’ll be down at shop setting up all the machines and hopefully getting them all running!!

Very nice setup, very cool to have that much space as a blank template to build from! The Spotted Cow is a nice touch too, Id say you need a few more! Where is the fridge going? :)

Reactions: 99mpower
Supernice setup. (y)

I'm a bit paranoid and averse to thieves, however. The first thing I would add is something to cover the windows and keep prying eyes from seeing in.....and possibly installing bars or barricades to keep them from getting in through a window.

I hate a damn thief.

It is a problem that is getting worse by the day, too.

Supernice setup. (y)

I'm a bit paranoid and averse to thieves, however. The first thing I would add is something to cover the windows and keep prying eyes from seeing in.....and possibly installing bars or barricades to keep them from getting in through a window.

I hate a damn thief.

It is a problem that is getting worse by the day, too.

3 of the 6 windows are insulated and screwed over with 3/4 plywood..

Window coverings are going up tomorrow when I go down to the shop, for the last 3 windows

Cover the windows and put up a "beware of large dog" sign and you will be ok

You can also get cheap motion detectors that just make a loud noise when they go off

Your obviously a race fan of some sort, as am I and recognize that patch.

Just fyi- whenever and whatever you do with the ceiling will throw a lot of dust and stuff down on your equipment and all so cover everything with some painters plastic when you go to insulate the ceiling ect... looking like a great amd spacious place!

Your obviously a race fan of some sort, as am I and recognize that patch.

IMG_2134.jpeg

Car was even better after this pic, full aero, big Bimmerworld CF wing, and built motor. Got down into the 2:05s at VIR full course.

Miss my race car for sure. Race license and instructor for most of the HPDE clubs

Reactions: DubfromGA
IMG_6116.jpeg

Getting there… need to fix the 9mm machine, it’s not indexing properly, so I can keep that running, and I’m getting the 45 ACP machine set up today. Time to get this party started.. little by little

IMG_6140.jpeg

Got Press #1, running like a top, processing 9mm, and finally got the CP2000 bolted to bench.

Need to order some parts, but it’s going to get there. Should be cranking out processed LPP/SPP 45acp by this weekend

I have 100k pieces to process 🤣🤣

Got 4 buckets cleaned/rollsized today, so as soon as machine is running, it’s game on

IMG_6174.jpeg

CP2000 is up and running. Needs some tuning, but she’s rolling.

45cap processing/sorting LPP and SPP is up and rolling, along with the S1050 processing 9mm

Nice job setting up your workshop. Many of the concerns they were pointed out. Awesome.
The only thing that I could see that should be addressed is, putting a precision machine next to that drafty garage door.
I grew up in North Carolina and I definitely know that the heat humidity is rough on tools.

Good luck with your operation.

Reactions: 99mpower
Nice job setting up your workshop. Many of the concerns they were pointed out. Awesome.
The only thing that I could see that should be addressed is, putting a precision machine next to that drafty garage door.
I grew up in North Carolina and I definitely know that the heat humidity is rough on tools.

Good luck with your operation.

Precision rifle is going by the TV, farthest from the garage door for that reason exactly

Reactions: ma smith