• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Building the Perfect Reloading Room

Reloading components stashed away in cabinets for a clean look. Still got more pics to hang but it's coming together.

Attachments

• 20220101_183533.jpg
    20220101_183533.jpg
    442.8 KB · Views: 547
I'd like to design a storm shelter for the city. Fold up cots, chairs and tables kitchen bathrooms at one end a sturdy wall at the other all under ground.

I'm thinking several hundred yards long might be good. Maybe we can find a use for it between storms?

Nice "root cellar ".

Last edited:
Rebuilding my room (down stairs bed room). So much new stuff going in. Going for flow to be more efficient. Wish it was bigger but it has clean power and 2 safes in closet (not pictured), doors removed. It is a mess right now. I will post pics in a few days when it is all done.

20220104_190327.jpg
20220104_190316.jpg

I play on it when I have free time🤔😂😂😉!

That’s my 1.5 year old’s…..I never had one as a kid and I told myself if I ever have kids there WILL be at least one!! He loves it but he gets pissed off though because he can’t reach the petals yet lol!!
We did the exact same thing, I never had one so I made sure our son had one. But we live in John Deere country so Will III had a John Deere. That was many, many years ago. (Like getting close to four decades) Durn time passes quick!

Here's an idea for folks with a cold storage area. Make it into a vault - steel door, keypad, seal the concrete and you're set!

...and yes, I'm a bit of an OCD perfectionist - but who isn't in the reloading game!?!

Attachments

• 20220105_175512.jpg
    20220105_175512.jpg
    544.8 KB · Views: 749
  • 20220105_175451.jpg
    20220105_175451.jpg
    522.1 KB · Views: 749
  • 20220105_175430.jpg
    20220105_175430.jpg
    573.2 KB · Views: 679
  • 20220105_175352.jpg
    20220105_175352.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 738
Here's an idea for folks with a cold storage area. Make it into a vault - steel door, keypad, seal the concrete and you're set!

...and yes, I'm a bit of an OCD perfectionist - but who isn't in the reloading game!?!
Are you worried about those pipes, or boots rupturing, or any other flooding?

Always - you'll notice there is nothing of high import on the floor for that very reason. ;)

However, the floor pump is a pump out for the basement toilet. Everything else is gravity flow to the sewer. By bigger concern is that the water main comes in through the wall inside.

Last edited:
Reactions: BLEE

I need a door eventually 😬🙄…….thought about building myself one but…..idk if I want to aggravate myself that much!

Totally worth it! There's a company here in Utah that makes metal doorframes and doors to order (Beacon Metals). For about $450 I picked up a door/frame/hinge set and in a couple hours hammer drilled the concrete to install the screw anchors. Super simple, but super dusty!

Totally worth it! There's a company here in Utah that makes metal doorframes and doors to order (Beacon Metals). For about $450 I picked up a door/frame/hinge set and in a couple hours hammer drilled the concrete to install the screw anchors. Super simple, but super dusty!
How durable/heavy duty are those? What’s their fire rating?

What lights did you use under the cabinets??
Commercial Electric 16 ft. LED Tunable White Tape Light Kit- Under Cabinet Light
SKU# 313874126

Finally got mine where I have most all my stuff in the room. Still need to mount my press but I’m sure I’ll have to modify things here and there as I haven’t used it to reload just yet but it’s setup so it’s usable. Probably will change and add things here and there to make things more streamlined but for now, it’s good enough.
Just need a tall wheelie chair, my recliner, a bigger tv and it’ll be my man cave lol!

C1F76C26-F6B6-4F23-8742-6993A7C31A05.jpeg86A1C012-23EF-4593-BCCB-5C29B1608038.jpeg

Any ideas on what to put your scales on? I've got two charge master lites that sit on a really ugly and bulky side table thing.

Any ideas on what to put your scales on? I've got two charge master lites that sit on a really ugly and bulky side table thing.
Granite or something similar. I got mine from a counter top place that has a bone yard in the back of it and they let me pick through it. I got A LOT of granite from them for other projects. The lady said the first time I was there, like $2000 worth of granite that was all remodel/take out pieces. I’ve got one piece for the gun cleaning area and one under the scale/balance.

Granite or something similar. I got mine from a counter top place that has a bone yard in the back of it and they let me pick through it. I got A LOT of granite from them for other projects. The lady said the first time I was there, like $2000 worth of granite that was all remodel/take out pieces. I’ve got one piece for the gun cleaning area and one under the scale/balance.
And that takes care of vibrations when the scale is on the same surface as the press? I've got the chargemasters running along side the dillon. So if that works that'd be great!

And that takes care of vibrations when the scale is on the same surface as the press? I've got the chargemasters running along side the dillon. So if that works that'd be great!
Lol, not real sure about that! Ah, I’ve got my fx120i on my bench that also is where my vise and press are on and I had it like that before the granite. Idk I’ve heard a balance/scale works better on a piece of stone or glass. I did have my scale on a piece of wood but I’d have to adjust the level every so often. I have yet to adjust the it since my new bench setup.
I placed the granite on a rubber mat that was on top of the tool box when bought so that may help with vibrations, not sure kinda a new setup for me.image.jpgimage.jpg
I know it’s messy…..got projects going on and stuff I’m trying to figure out where I want to go with.

Last edited:
Here is my setup. Lower bench is finished, just have to build the upper shelves. Picked up the 2x4basics bench kit off Amazon and it goes together pretty easily. I went with 3’x8’ and ver glad I did. I would go a little more extravagant but I’m just renting right now. I love having a basement for the first time.
ADBEEDB5-B8BB-4CBC-A2E1-210EC6587A51.jpeg

Just an observation.

Vices are usualy located on the corner so that the back face lines up with the edge of the table so that items can hang down in two positions.

Allows more holding options.

Just an observation.

Vices are usualy located on the corner so that the back face lines up with the edge of the table so that items can hang down in two positions.

Allows more holding options.
Noted. The way the bench is built, there is a joint in the corner. I didn’t want to take the chance of having one side of the vise pull out so I moved it over slightly. I have enough overhang on the vise that I can drop item straight down.

Reactions: Snuby642
Ya I was looking at those plastic? Legs wondering about that.

I worked on sheet metal and other odd shaped items for years and the boss would get pissed that when he turned his back I would move the vice where I wanted it.

Those legs look to make for quick easy assembly other than for my corner vice prefrance.

Lol, not real sure about that! Ah, I’ve got my fx120i on my bench that also is where my vise and press are on and I had it like that before the granite. Idk I’ve heard a balance/scale works better on a piece of stone or glass. I did have my scale on a piece of wood but I’d have to adjust the level every so often. I have yet to adjust the it since my new bench setup.
I placed the granite on a rubber mat that was on top of the tool box when bought so that may help with vibrations, not sure kinda a new setup for me.View attachment 7804839View attachment 7804840
I know it’s messy…..got projects going on and stuff I’m trying to figure out where I want to go with.

Yeah, pictures do help I guess.

20211006_124045.jpg

I basically just want to get rid of this side table/cabinet thing. With the scales on the bench while the press is going it screws them up pretty good. Will granite on my bench top under the scales change anything?

And that takes care of vibrations when the scale is on the same surface as the press?
It depends...the stone is a ballast...not a damper.

Theres benefit also from its inherent flatness.

Think about adding mass to a gun...for any given load, more mass it reduced recoil.

However, weights on a gun dont do the same job as a recoil pad.

We had a vibration problem with a scale. Used a chunk of granite and then added a thin rubber pad under that.

It helped but still it would crop up in the middle of loading. Was beginning to think the scale was a pos.

One day I was sitting starring at the bench frustrated at slow load development of staggered loads and saw something.

I could see vibrations in my glass of water. I was not touching the bench, air conditioner in the room was cut off.

We had tied the massive bench into the wall studs for extra strengh.

My daughter in law was in the garage kicking the shit out of a heavy bag that was hung from ceiling joists that tie into walls etc..

So free float your scales bench or refrain from kick boxing / banging gramma's head into the headboard while someone is dropping powder.

Yeah, pictures do help I guess.

View attachment 7804969

I basically just want to get rid of this side table/cabinet thing. With the scales on the bench while the press is going it screws them up pretty good. Will granite on my bench top under the scales change anything?
From the looks of it, in your case it may not help…….all you can do is try different things and see how it works, if it works. Don’t spend a lot of money on it.

Reactions: Jackomason
Get one just for the scale and put rubber feet on it.

View attachment 7804893

It is a minor point, but if you have a high vibration environment, you can isolate the bench from the floor with a higher durometer sorbothane puck, then put a lower durometer sorbothane, small puck under the granite slab. You can find sorbothane on Ebay. Not super cheap but not a back breaker. Same plan works great if you have a high quality turntable in an audio system. Sometimes you need to try different diameters, thicknesses and durometers on floor or bench. In labs with super high end analytical balances, the slabs can get pretty heavy.

Reactions: IHFarmer07
Upgrading to new bench along with other things. Work in progress and hope to have all set up and good to go shortly.

Attachments

• IMG_20220211_183035449.jpg
    IMG_20220211_183035449.jpg
    420.1 KB · Views: 394
  • IMG_20220211_183048454.jpg
    IMG_20220211_183048454.jpg
    359.4 KB · Views: 388
  • IMG_20220212_174937835.jpg
    IMG_20220212_174937835.jpg
    429.4 KB · Views: 371
  • IMG_20220212_175459512.jpg
    IMG_20220212_175459512.jpg