• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Photos Bullet Pics

scaxeman

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 26, 2008
Oregon
www.usftrclass.com
I was doing a comparison shot of some different match .308 bullets, and decided to throw in a couple of .338 bullets as well. The pic looked interesting, so I thought there would be wider interest as well.

Berger asked me to note that the last bullet in line (the Berger .338 300 grain) is <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">NOT</span></span> in production yet, so they won't be officially available for about 6 weeks.

Re: Bullet Pics

Awesome pic.
I load 155 .308 and 300gr for .338 Specter.

The 300gr .338 bullet is as big as my pinkie - very impressive next to the 'little' .308s.

Holding them in the palm of your hand, it is stunning, the size of the .300gr .308.

yeah berger doesn't "make anything greater than .30 cal"
whistle.gif

What kind of BC does the 300 Berger have? Are you also saying that it will be available in about 6-8 weeks for commercial purchase?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dpreston</div><div class="ubbcode-body">anyone know when those 300 grain bergers are available to buy? </div></div>

Dont even start.....it is best that these are forgotten until they have them ready for prime time.
whistle.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">showing that .338 Berger is like discussing the loophole.....

Super uber top secret..... </div></div>

hahahahah classic.. the scary thing would be if someone were using that .338 berger and shooting loopholes.. Talk about top secret information disclosure.

Im scared just thinking about it.

This is the info I got a couple of days ago. I have put in a order for 500.

Part Number 33401 Bullet Dia.0.338 Grain 300
OAL 1.820 G1 BC 0.891 G7 BC 0.455

1 in 10" or faster
Recommended Twist - Faster twist will work

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">showing that .338 Berger is like discussing the loophole.....
Super uber top secret..... </div></div>
I have <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic"><span style="text-decoration: underline">NO</span></span></span> idea what you're talking about...
cool.gif

John boy has the same BC numbers I have... basically *really* good.

1:10 is the minimum twist, I personally will run a 1:9.

The "hybrid" designation refers to the compound style nose. Nearer the meplat, the configuration is secant, for better aerodynamics. Nearer the bearing surface, the profile is tangent, for easier reloading (not as sensitive to variations in jump to lands).

The latest info I have is ~6 weeks till they ship.

talked to berger quite a while ago and they recommended a 1:9.75 twist for these 300 grainers