• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

bullet recommendations for 1/8 twist 22in barrel

Wake_907

Private
Minuteman
Feb 23, 2020
I have a Kimber hunter 6.5 creedmoor and im looking for some advice in finding the right bullett for the gun. it seems to throw 120gr bullets better than 125, and 140 (all hornady match grade). Its a hunting rifle so i want the heaviest bullet i can get away with and i dont really want to use anything under 125 but i have a feeling 108s are going to be the best thing for it. Any recommendations? Also if you shoot this rifle or same barrel whats been your best result? Thanks for your time.

I’m not sure they make a 108 in 6.5, 6 mm yes. But 140 ELd-X for hunting should be good.

Ther are a ton of hunting specific projectiles you could try. Just because your gun might not like a certain bullet in a certain weight doesn’t mean it won’t like a different bullet in that same weight range.

Reactions: jcmullis2
Ther are a ton of hunting specific projectiles you could try. Just because your gun might not like a certain bullet in a certain weight doesn’t mean it won’t like a different bullet in that same weight range.
You’re hit the nail on the head with that one. Get several different boxes of ammo and start sorting through the pile.