• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Burris XTR II Rifle Scopes

Well said steve. It seems common practice these days to read a review and suddenly become an expert. Nothing you say will change these peoples minds. Even when you get yours and use it for awhile come on and say how great it is you will be written off as a poser or somebody with little skill and no knowledge. I just witnessed it with an ior thread i took part in.

I too have my eye on these and expect great things. Im sure I will own one eventually.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

What's wrong with an aac-sd, topped with an SWFA 16x42. No issues with it. I can put 5 rounds in the size of a dime at 100 yards and can hit the gong all day at 1000. I detest people that think because if you don't spend 5k plus on a gun it ain't shit. I've spent less than a grand on my whole set up and it works great for me. I see a lot more people out there spending thousands on gear and upgrades because they lack in shooting skills. Just my .02 worth here on this issue.

Also love how so many people chime in on bashing a product they themselves have never touched. Just going off what others have said about it. Not saying everyone here is doing it, just see it a lot in postings here on this site.

Uhh....nothing at all. Sounds like a great combo that is shooting awesome groups. The operator helps too.

Every manufacturer has at least one failure. It actually sounds like not only do you think they will fail but your hoping they fail. Who wouldnt want another good option in the low $1000s. Come on man

MarkCO,
Im not entirely sure what you mean by toss the kitty in the river but I assure you my intention wasnt to start anything.

After all its not like I have any clue whether they will be successful or not just like nobody else does at this point. Im just getting frustrated with these people jumping to conclusions without any real experience with a product. People can all think what they want thats the point. Im not saying things like they are the best optic you can buy or anything like that. But at the same time I think they at least deserve a chance.

I cant wait til some start reaching the consumers to hear real world opinions.

I just read this whole thread. Really interested in seeing how the 1-5x24 and the 1.5-8x24 perform as I'm looking to replace my EoTech and magnifier.

MarkCO,
Im not entirely sure what you mean by toss the kitty in the river but I assure you my intention wasnt to start anything.

Nothing against you at all. Just imagine tossing a cat in the river...It makes them mad, but it is pretty funny anyways. Just like your poke at Tikka260.

I have been hoping to get my 1-5 for a while now, but hey, things take time. The 1.5-8 is very unique and I would like to try one out at some point as well.

Burris commissioned this scope to look like a nightforce to appeal to posers. We absolutely should stick together as a community and send the message to these companies, such as Burris, to shove their overpriced Filipino junk up their ass. Buy a dmr or an hdmr if you want a decent 34mm, ffp scope with original features and styling, support a company that gets it.....fuck the junk.

You know I don't know why anybody pays attention to the Tikka260's of this world. Who cares about his opinion, everybody has the right to buy or not buy what ever the hell they want. If you want to spend 4g's on a SB knock yourself out and enjoy it, and if you want to spend 500-600-1000 then that's what you need to do. You know this is a sport like any other in that you can take it to what ever level you want but I guaranty you there are many very competitive shooters using midrange optics. Just my opinion.....like ass holes we all have one......

The Burris are made in the Philippines however there is stuff here and final inspection is here...

Before any scope is spec'd in the Philippines it is built in CO, they do all the work and testing in CO, and once the design is tested and finalized they move mass production over. However it does not stop there. First run samples are all opened and tested in CO, then after samples from each batch are retested as they arrive.

Burris / Steiner has a full production facility in CO, and employs a 100 workers. They have complete clean rooms, testing equipment, and a full machine shop.

Take a lot of that and you'll begin to get the surprise.

The room where every scope is checked has a collimator at the worker's table, and is hand tested before being re-packaged prior to shipping. It's not drop shipped from the PI to the stores.

The clean rooms all have ports to the outside and during assembly they can check test targets outside to 100 and 200 yards. The lasers are all tested on Animal shaped target out to distance from a 2nd floor.

Steiner in the US is a bit difference but again, full production can be run from CO.

That's really neat, it'll be interesting to hear how they compare to other mid-priced scopes like the Vortex and Bushnell offerings.

so no one got their burris yet? I have not heard anything from them and my 5r is lonely

so no one got their burris yet? I have not heard anything from them and my 5r is lonely

I guess not. Sounds like Frank made off with most of the pre-prod demos though...:) I have one, and supposedly another one en route, so them giving up the pre-prod units is a good sign. I asked to wait and get a true production unit to use on my LR rig.

Burris told me that mine would ship yesterday. I'll give them a few days then follow up with a phone call.

Got an email today. She told me mid April at the latest for my 5-25

This seems like the perfect optic for the tacti-cool poser that can't afford the NF ATACR. I'm sure I'll see a bunch a top aac-sd's at the 50yd line.
assuming can be a dicey affair...but as you have done,so will I...
It would seem you are young,with lessons to learn...or you are older and did not learn the lessons presented you...
I have been dope dialing for 30 years,a large portion of that with VX III's and a turret,then a few MK 4,fixed powers,and then the wonderful NXS's...
All of them worked,some were just friendlier...
I now no longer compete,I can't keep up with the younger or more fit of you's...
But I still like to play and hunt...
Looking for a light weight rig,I am doing exactly as you mentioned...
I just picked up an aad-sd/16.5"...
And now I'm looking for a light weight glass sight for it...
Maybe,one of these new Burris's will end up on it...
No way to know untill they are out and about among the end user's...
To dismiss Korea or the Philippines as trash would be a shortsighted thought...
Once upon a time,Japanese made meant trash...
Today,it could be argued that they are capable of world class products...
Korea is the new Japan,with the Philippines being on pace to do the same thing...maybe today,maybe tomorrow,maybe next year...when that happens,their products will be underpriced for a short period of time...we all need to pay attention so that we looking when it happens...
In any case,hate as you will...I'll be watching these close...
...sincerely,"a poser"...

Waiting for a review , this might top my hunting rifle depending on the reviews . My main concerns are tracking and repeatability !

I was told by Burris the 1.5-8 wont be coming out until late May as long as everything checks out.

I ordered a 5-25 yesterday from Optics Planet for a 223 build that that Greg Young is doing for me, a rep called me back and said they were 7-9 weeks away. The 4-20 are a couple weeks ahead.

Yep - sounds like the 5-25s won't be available until towards the end of May. Love it when these scope makers announce all these really attractive new models at SHOT, get me all fired-up to own one or two, then spend another 6-8mo getting the production lines up to speed - and that's when things go well...

Just grumpy - I really wanted the chance to get my hands on 4-20 or 5-25 in both XTR II & Veracity lines. Finally lost what little patience I've got and ordered a Kahles K624i w/AMR reticle. Now the process of saving up cash begins anew - with some luck, maybe I'll have enough saved to swing a buy on the XTR II when they finally do become available. What I'm hoping is that the build & optical quality of these new Burris scopes will be good enough so that I can use them with confidence on a couple of my match rifles.

They did not send a tracking number via email and a package has not showed up yet. Not convinced that it actually shipped.

so burris' is not off to a great start then. hopefully they'll get their shit straight.

Pretty typical of Burris to not keep their release date. The entire time I worked there, not one product was released on time.

Late releases are more the norm than the exception in this industry and many others. Frustrating but normal. I'm much more concerned with whether the first batch will be made at a high quality level. I have a 1-5x on backorder and am starting to wonder if I should cancel the backorder and wait for reviews.

I don't know when I did a tour of the factory there were quite a lot of the XTR-II there and today I had a chance to zero up and shoot the 4-20x on my Colt 901 (308) it was pretty good for a $1000 scope.

Didn't get a chance to do a lot, zeroed it up, took it to 600 (Colt is only a 16") but it pretty we'll spot on.

i don't have the 1-5x but I have everything else in the line.

Lowlight, do you know if your XTR II scopes are production samples or pre-production? If they have 1000's of the production scopes in Colorado and are holding on to them to do quality checks that makes me feel good. If the delay is in the Philippines that makes me wonder more about potential issues of first batch assembly vs. later debugged batches.

Does the 3-15x50 have a zero stop? If so, it looks to be my next rifle scope purchase.

Pretty sure they all have zero stops.

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/2Sc4gP1zt_w?list=UUwHsnyWOaQNtrGjJKsTgegg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Update, now my 5-25 is expected to ship late June. Looks like it won't get much use until the crops are out.

yep that is how their warranty department treated me last time i sent an xtr in for warranty. it will ship in a couple weeks then 7 months later it showed up finally. they said they were swamped. i just sent it back for warranty again shifting poi no rezero. see how long this time. i bet they are really swamped right now i was waiting for the xtr 2 but i bought an hdmr instead. after a while i will probably buy one of these too. i have another xtr i have never had a problem with

Last edited:
Got an email from the Burris rep yesterday stating late April early May pending inspection on my 4-20

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My understanding is that every scope is going through several checks/inspections in this first batch, and that takes time. I am positive that the patience will be worth the wait. :)

My understanding is that every scope is going through several checks/inspections in this first batch, and that takes time. I am positive that the patience will be worth the wait. :)

That's what I want to hear. I can wait. I can't be happy if I get something that isn't right because the production process isn't debugged. Glad to see they are taking a serious quality approach.

I just called burris with a few questions, the guy told me that they have Japanese glass, but is assembled in Philippines. but the guy could not tell me if the med {1"} rings would work with a 20moa base.... if any of you have yours yet, do you know if the 1in high rings will work? going to pop it on my sendero project in 300rum.

All in all pretty good. 5-25 model. The clicks are audible but feel slightly rounded between each one. I have to focus with ear plugs to count. I will compare to vortex next time out. Glass seems pretty good, and all the adjustment knob travel is smooth and has enough but not too much resistance. I have it on a 20moa rail with badger rings and have about 1/4" between scope covers and heavy contour barrel.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk