• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Burris XTR3!!!

I just placed my order for the 3.3-18x50 with the SCR2. Pretty excited to see the production run version of this scope. If it's anything like the 30x, I'm going to like it.

This scope will make it's way onto my CZ457 NRL22 rifle pretty soon. I'm thinking that adding the Race Dial and marking all my yardages for the day will be the cat's meow on this scope.

Finger's crossed that I dont have to wait too long for it.
I’ve had my eye on one of Area 419’s custom CZ457’s, they look super nice but not sure if it’s worth it to pay a bit more for a Vudoo rig instead. My thoughts with the XTR III 3.3-18 are for my 10/22 eventually.

It's a tough call Bill. I think if a guy has the disposable cash and wants the very best, that's the Voodoo.

If you are content with a really good 22RF, either because you aren't terribly serious about it (that's me) or you dont want to shell out the cash, the CZ is a fantastic choice.

I ran about 6 different ammo choices through my CZ 457 Pro Varmint. All the usual suspects. And with SK Long Range Match, right out of the box with the wooden Boyd's stock, I averaged .647 moa at 100 yards on a 5x5 group test.

I've since dropped it in an XLR Industries chassis, but I'm still less than $1000 invested into the rifle (minus optic) And that level of performance is plenty good for my needs.

It's a tough call Bill. I think if a guy has the disposable cash and wants the very best, that's the Voodoo.

If you are content with a really good 22RF, either because you aren't terribly serious about it (that's me) or you dont want to shell out the cash, the CZ is a fantastic choice.

I ran about 6 different ammo choices through my CZ 457 Pro Varmint. All the usual suspects. And with SK Long Range Match, right out of the box with the wooden Boyd's stock, I averaged .647 moa at 100 yards on a 5x5 group test.

I've since dropped it in an XLR Industries chassis, but I'm still less than $1000 invested into the rifle (minus optic) And that level of performance is plenty good for my needs.
You may have saved me a boatload of money ;) That performance would be plenty good for my needs as well, this is the one I was looking at - https://www.area419.com/product/cz-457-manners-elite-package/, but you're right, if I'm not going to compete with it then is it really necessary, but then I just saw CZ offers a 457 with a Manners stock from factory in the CZ 457 Varmint Precision Trainer Camo - https://cz-usa.com/product/cz-457-varmint-precision-trainer-camo/

Well you may have saved me money in the long run but now I'm really liking the precision trainer... I have a Savage 93R 17HMR for "training" now, but have been wanting a nice 22LR bolt action for a while.

Either way, the XTR III would be a nice scope for them I would think.

You may have saved me a boatload of money ;) That performance would be plenty good for my needs as well, this is the one I was looking at - https://www.area419.com/product/cz-457-manners-elite-package/, but you're right, if I'm not going to compete with it then is it really necessary, but then I just saw CZ offers a 457 with a Manners stock from factory in the CZ 457 Varmint Precision Trainer Camo - https://cz-usa.com/product/cz-457-varmint-precision-trainer-camo/

Well you may have saved me money in the long run but now I'm really liking the precision trainer... I have a Savage 93R 17HMR for "training" now, but have been wanting a nice 22LR bolt action for a while.

Either way, the XTR III would be a nice scope for them I would think.

I think the Precision trainer in the Manners is a fantastic rifle. And I have to admit, I leaned really hard that direction for a bit.

The only thing that talked me out of going with that rifle is my affiliation with the fellas at XLR Industries. I run a lot of their stuff and they treat me great on pricing. And they make a fantastic chassis for the 457, so it's a win all the way around. But in different circumstances. The trainer is absolutely the route I would go. The stock adjustability and ability to tinker with the torque settings on the action screws really helps dial these rifles in..

With the right ammo, the CZ is an awfully accurate little 22. And I agree, the 18x XTR3 should top it off very nicely.

I think the Precision trainer in the Manners is a fantastic rifle. And I have to admit, I leaned really hard that direction for a bit.

The only thing that talked me out of going with that rifle is my affiliation with the fellas at XLR Industries. I run a lot of their stuff and they treat me great on pricing. And they make a fantastic chassis for the 457, so it's a win all the way around. But in different circumstances. The trainer is absolutely the route I would go. The stock adjustability and ability to tinker with the torque settings on the action screws really helps dial these rifles in..

With the right ammo, the CZ is an awfully accurate little 22. And I agree, the 18x XTR3 should top it off very nicely.
That makes perfect sense since you are already familiar with XLR, most of my LR rifles have Manners which is why I'm leaning in that direction. Sorry to be off topic somewhat with the CZ conversation, now back to the XTR III...

• Haha
Reactions: Birddog6424
Tyler from MK Machining said my XTR III is shipping today! Also, for those who may not know, the Hide's own @Tyler Kemp with MK Machining is now an Optics dealer as well. Tyler has a throw lever designed specifically for XTR III that he's shipping with my scope so I'll be sure to include that in my review. Also, Tyler has what's becoming one of my favorite scope bubble levels with the small footprint low-profile billet level so check out his 3D printer gear and also his billet accessories.

Okay, I know, shameless plug, but I do like to support Hide dealers. By the way, Tyler has one more XTR III 3.3-18x50 with SCR2 reticle in stock, give him a call for a great deal...

Reactions: 260284
Tyler from MK Machining said my XTR III is shipping today! Also, for those who may not know, the Hide's own @Tyler Kemp with MK Machining is now an Optics dealer as well. Tyler has a throw lever designed specifically for XTR III that he's shipping with my scope so I'll be sure to include that in my review. Also, Tyler has what's becoming one of my favorite scope bubble levels with the small footprint low-profile billet level so check out his 3D printer gear and also his billet accessories.

Okay, I know, shameless plug, but I do like to support Hide dealers. By the way, Tyler has one more XTR III 3.3-18x50 with SCR2 reticle in stock, give him a call for a great deal...

Back to your 22LR conundrum, Have you seen the new Bergara HMR 22?

Back to your 22LR conundrum, Have you seen the new Bergara HMR 22?
I have not, I do like it is Rem 700 compatible, but CZ has had years to refine their .22 and the 457 has some nice features, I'll have to look into it, thanks

Reactions: RFutch

Looks like you will get yours before me. Greeley is emptied out of them, they are all out in the retailers hands. So I'll have to wait on the next production run.

Also love supporting those who support us. Mainly prize table sponsors which are also hide vendors...

Let me know when we can meet Bill. Have my TT, M7, March, and both XTR3's to bring along. Even tho I am prob more busy than you next couple weeks. Jakes PRS match then the RTC Championship then thanksgiving. lol.

Regards,
DT

Also love supporting those who support us. Mainly prize table sponsors which are also hide vendors...

Let me know when we can meet Bill. Have my TT, M7, March, and both XTR3's to bring along. Even tho I am prob more busy than you next couple weeks. Jakes PRS match then the RTC Championship then thanksgiving. lol.

Regards,
DT
You are busy, would love to connect, check your PM in a few minutes

Regards,
DT

I'll also be at Jake's match next weekend. See you there .. ;)

My 5.5-30 scr2 will be here Monday, I had a issue with the one I got origionally but I will go into detail when my new one shows up.

Reactions: Kamkaze
I did tested XTR II 5-25x50 last winter, not bad for the buck, but this US made XTR III might be a totally different tube.
That 3-18x50 would be nice to test.
bur.jpg

bur2.jpg

You broke one already?

You're grounded... ;)
It was a very strange issue! I bought the 5.5-30 SCR2 model, sealed and correct box, but the scope inside had a SCR reticle.
Burris did a stand up job of taking care of it though. I made a claim that night, by the next morning they had sent me a 2 day air shipping label to return it.
At 11:00AM that morning I dropped it off at UPS and at 11:40AM they emailed me 2 day air tracking for a new scope on its way to me.

It came in today and I couldn't be more pleased with it. I really wanted a tree style reticle for wind holds but was afraid of it being too obstructive. Well you don't need to worry about that with the SCR2, it's almost translucent.
The etching is so fine that when you don't need the hash marks they almost dissappear, but when you do they are there.

Over all very very pleased with it, coming from an XTRII, they definitely improved on the glass and then some.
20191028_174600.jpg

That's great to see they got you taken care of so quickly. Glad you like it!

I think as more people get these in hand it will begin making it's way into more scope comparison posts. It really stacks up great against its competition.

Not everyone will like it, human nature and this is the Hide. But I think all in all, it's a good optic. If anyone is thinking GII Razor, MK5 HD, NX8, or G2 XRS, the XTR3 is well worth looking at.

Reactions: tam4511
i once got a Minox with MR4 that had wrong retc. bnib. the man didnt believe me and asked to send em a pic. was funny.

glad turned out good tho. this scope is pretty amazing so far.

DT

Glad to hear Burris took care of the issue. I took the plunge on a 3.3-18 today. I ordered my scope from Tyler @MK Machining and got the chance to talk to him over the phone, which seems like is an exceedingly rare thing these days. He called me right back after I left a message and was really informative and helpful when I ordered the scope. Great person to deal with and made it really easy to utilize his company for my optics needs. Can't wait to get it and try it out.

Glad to hear Burris took care of the issue. I took the plunge on a 3.3-18 today. I ordered my scope from Tyler @MK Machining and got the chance to talk to him over the phone, which seems like is an exceedingly rare thing these days. He called me right back after I left a message and was really informative and helpful when I ordered the scope. Great person to deal with and made it really easy to utilize his company for my optics needs. Can't wait to get it and try it out.
Glad you worked with @Tyler Kemp, he is a great guy and I like their innovative accessories for scopes. I got my XTR III 3.3-18x50 yesterday from him, we are having a snow storm so limited on what I can test right now, but will be sharing more thoughts as I dig more into this scope.

I was able to harvest this nice buck with my 300 norma improved, xtr3 3.3-18 I'm beginning to really like this optic. To the Burris rep in here, is the reticle in the 5.5-30 same exact dimension as the reticle in the 3.3-18? As in when I look through my 3.3-18 set @ 5.5X, is that the same size it'll appear on the 5.5-30 @ 5.5X? The reticle for hunting really becomes usable at that 5-6X power for quick shots on moving game at closer range where fast action is required. I shot my buck at 250y 8x power but had a good sneak and he wasn't moving. If the 5.5-30 is same size of reticle in relation to mag of the 3.3-18 I'll buy one them too. It's FOV is a notably better than NF or Khales at lowest mag range. I mainly hunt, wish they had a floating dot/cross hair in moa hashes vs mils. But I'm slowly figuring it out.

khuber, stick with the mil reticle, it is perfectly capable of being a great hunting reticle. I came from the SFP MOA world myself and it took a bit to learn, but once I did I would not go back (especially as a backup ranging tool). Nice buck. I am curious as well how the thickness of the SCR2 reticle compares between the 5.5-30 and the 3.3-18, similar to the SCR reticle I find the etching to be very thin and will probably opt for illumination once it's available to help, but need to spend more time behind it for a fair evaluation.

Glad you worked with @Tyler Kemp, he is a great guy and I like their innovative accessories for scopes. I got my XTR III 3.3-18x50 yesterday from him, we are having a snow storm so limited on what I can test right now, but will be sharing more thoughts as I dig more into this scope.

khuber, stick with the mil reticle, it is perfectly capable of being a great hunting reticle. I came from the SFP MOA world myself and it took a bit to learn, but once I did I would not go back (especially as a backup ranging tool). Nice buck. I am curious as well how the thickness of the SCR2 reticle compares between the 5.5-30 and the 3.3-18, similar to the SCR reticle I find the etching to be very thin and will probably opt for illumination once it's available to help, but need to spend more time behind it for a fair evaluation.
Yeah I have less than a minute behind mine, but at 5.5 I can barely see my SCR2 reticle. It is more fine than the SCR.

I did tested XTR II 5-25x50 last winter, not bad for the buck, but this US made XTR III might be a totally different tube.

Totally diff is almost an understatement. American made to Phillip made... Call me a xenophobe but even IF the image/build/etc etc quality wasn't better on the 3 than the 2 (it is far better), I would still choose the USA made one. People are going to like it.

... for hunting really becomes usable at that 5-6X power for quick shots on moving game at closer range where fast action is required....

Something I noticed as well is the usability at lower magnification. Very cool. 10x is no prob for engaging targets for sure. It is very erie tho shooting at lower powers due to the larger FOV makes it almost seem its at a lower power still but its not. Hard to explain unless you experience it on the clock.

Not sure if retc is diff thickness. My gut says no but not sure.

Regards,
DT

Reactions: viking78
I'm not surprised to hear the SCR2 is thin at lower magnification. So is the SCR. I have a 4-20 and a 5-25 XTR2 on hunting rifles. On 4x the SCR is just a thin crosshair. As Bill mentioned, the illuminated version may be the best option for folks who will need those lower magnification.

I live in big country, I cant recall the last time I shot at anything under 7x. That's pretty much my setting as I hunt and I turn it up from there.

I was able to harvest this nice buck with my 300 norma improved, xtr3 3.3-18 I'm beginning to really like this optic. To the Burris rep in here, is the reticle in the 5.5-30 same exact dimension as the reticle in the 3.3-18? As in when I look through my 3.3-18 set @ 5.5X, is that the same size it'll appear on the 5.5-30 @ 5.5X? The reticle for hunting really becomes usable at that 5-6X power for quick shots on moving game at closer range where fast action is required. I shot my buck at 250y 8x power but had a good sneak and he wasn't moving. If the 5.5-30 is same size of reticle in relation to mag of the 3.3-18 I'll buy one them too. It's FOV is a notably better than NF or Khales at lowest mag range. I mainly hunt, wish they had a floating dot/cross hair in moa hashes vs mils. But I'm slowly figuring it out.

Grats on the buck Khuber. ;)

I have two 5.5-30x with the SCR reticle, the SCR2 is indeed much more thin. If you're going to be hunting at all with it, I'd recommend the SCR.

Another 3.3-18x out today, and a 5.5-30x with an SCR2 going out tomorrow!

Who's making throw levers for these scopes? It'd been nice if they'd integrated a small non obtrusive piece like on the nx8. I don't need much just something for my thumb to catch with gloves on.
MK Machining is making XTR III specific throw levers which fit perfectly without play

The owner, @Tyler Kemp is a Hide member and great guy

Reactions: khuber84
Who's making throw levers for these scopes? It'd been nice if they'd integrated a small non obtrusive piece like on the nx8. I don't need much just something for my thumb to catch with gloves on.

Yep, I make em. Has notches to fit the knurling of the mag ring. Nylon construction, will take more abuse than an aluminum lever, and won't mark your scope either. An XTRII lever will "work" but the mag ring is not the same, so we've made one to exactly fit the XTRIII.

Yep, I make em. Has notches to fit the knurling of the mag ring. Nylon construction, will take more abuse than an aluminum lever, and won't mark your scope either. An XTRII lever will "work" but the mag ring is not the same, so we've made one to exactly fit the XTRIII.

I bought one of your first designed models for my XTRII and it fits great between the knurlingmy XTRIII.

Totally diff is almost an understatement. American made to Phillip made... Call me a xenophobe but even IF the image/build/etc etc quality wasn't better on the 3 than the 2 (it is far better), I would still choose the USA made one. People are going to like it.

Something I noticed as well is the usability at lower magnification. Very cool. 10x is no prob for engaging targets for sure. It is very erie tho shooting at lower powers due to the larger FOV makes it almost seem its at a lower power still but its not. Hard to explain unless you experience it on the clock.

Not sure if retc is diff thickness. My gut says no but not sure.

Regards,
DT

No doubt of that, Philippines made is Philippines made, XTR III made in US must be the best Burris ever done.
I wonder when these are in Finland, and what the price is.
Normally price in US you can add 24% on the price in Finland.

Reactions: D_TROS
Pretty sure my xtr3 is having issues. The reticle moves vertically and horizontally in my fov when rocking the power ring +- this comes after 30rds out of a braked 8# 300 norma mag imp rifle. Def wasn't doing this when I pulled it out the box. Started a case online w/ their repair portal, waiting for a call back from CS. The lightweight braked super magnums are scope killers......

DAAAANG.
Let us know what they say. Did it group good just what you saw? or did it group like crap also? just curious...

havnt shot mine on anything bigger than a 6.5x47 myself...still surprising.

GL
DT

Does anyone know when the XTR3 will be listed on the Burris LEO/Mil program?

Pretty sure my xtr3 is having issues. The reticle moves vertically and horizontally in my fov when rocking the power ring +- this comes after 30rds out of a braked 8# 300 norma mag imp rifle. Def wasn't doing this when I pulled it out the box. Started a case online w/ their repair portal, waiting for a call back from CS. The lightweight braked super magnums are scope killers......

You broke one already?

You're grounded.... ;)

Reactions: YF12A
Please report back on how easy, efficient and fast the warranty service is on the XTR III

I just got an email from Dvor showing the 18x at $1399 and the 30 at $1499. If I didn't have a Cronus on the way I'd probably try one.

Got some trigger time today with my XTRIII. Went out to Tripple C here in Texas and made my farthest shots, out to 1100 yards on my 6.5, and what was even more impressive was that I could see not only my impacts, but the impact marks!!
Also got to compare the glass side by side at 700 yards to an ATACR and they are very close. The ATACR had a tad more clarity, but the XTR has much better sight picture and fov.

Reactions: Datsrboi
I just got an email from Dvor showing the 18x at $1399 and the 30 at $1499. If I didn't have a Cronus on the way I'd probably try one.
FYI: Depending on your sales tax, it might be cheaper to buy from mk machining with their current 10% off sale (Code: SCOPEVEMBER). For me (~10% tax) it's both cheaper, and they include a throw lever and scope level.

Has anyone done a back to back XTR II vs XTR III comparison?
I've looked around and can't find any back to back reviews.
I can get a XTR II much cheaper than the III and want to know home much I'm gving away for price saving ?

I can get a XTR II much cheaper than the III and want to know home much I'm gving away for price saving ?

There is a definite difference. The XTR3 was designed with the goal of keeping the durability and reliability of the XTR2, while improving on its weaknesses. They nailed that.

The largest XTR2 weakness was quality of the glass, the XTR3 has very good glass. Also the eyebox and parallax are dramatically improved. And the FOV in the XTR3 is the best in the industry.

I just got back from the Blue Ridge Ranch PRS match in NE Washington where I had Scott Satterlee in my squad. Scott is a Nighforce team shooter and quite simply one of the best guys you will ever meet anywhere. He was showing us his lightweight PRC build with an NX8 20x. He mentioned he hasnt seen anything that beats it in FOV, so I cracked out my XTR3. On 20x the NF showed 10.1 mils edge to edge, the XTR3 was at 10.3.

In defense of the NX8, that's the only optic I've seen come close to matching the XTR3 FOV. The 20x is pretty close. 30x vs 32x NF both on 30x isnt quite so close, but still a great FOV in both of them.

Preliminary testing of the XTR III 3.3-18x50 shows it to be much more forgiving with eyebox, DOF/Parallax. Edge to edge sharpness was superb below 15x making it a better choice over the NX8 for that edge clarity alone, the DOF/Parallax is much more fitting to my style of shooting as well, I prefer scopes that have a more forgiving "set it and forget it mode" I'll get a full review out soon similar to what I did with the NX8 but need more time with it

Thanks for the info on the 3.3x18,I will be looking forward to your review.

I am supposed to get my 3.3-18 delivered today. Hopefully be able to get it out this week to get sighted in, would like to use it on a few upcoming jaunts afield. Have some high hopes for this scope and Burris in general. Seems like they have always had some great ideas, but the final execution was just a hair off. Really hoping this one checks all the boxes.

I still have my XTR 4-20 and will prob nvr sell it. It is a solid scope and I know I can trust it. Glass is a step down for sure but its still a legitimate option. I would have no prob running my 4-20 esp if short on $$, which is exactly why I got caught up in this to start with.

There was a website selling the 4-20 awhile back for like $550. Nothing touches it in that price range...obviously that was a sale but if I had the $$ I would have got a couple.

...DOF/Parallax is much more fitting to my style of shooting as well, I prefer scopes that have a more forgiving "set it and forget it mode" ...

Every match Ive shot this scope at Ive set the parallax at 500 and nvr touched. It is very refreshing to look through a scope and see clarity and not fiddle with it. The DOF is phenominal now that you mention it.

Looking forward to your review.

...Have some high hopes for this scope and Burris in general. Seems like they have always had some great ideas, but the final execution was just a hair off. Really hoping this one checks all the boxes.

Same. Honestly tho I don't care as its made right here in UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!! If there are growing pains figuring this thing out, then I am totally fine forgiving them to figure it out as long as production stays here in USA by Americans. I cant stress the importance of this enough...

THIS is the reason I agreed to help out with this scope and represent them in the field shooting/testing their gear. God Bless America.

That being said I think they have a good thing going and as WJM mentioned, the glass has great edge to edge clarity but the bigger picture is this scope isn't just great glass (which oddly is all SH members care about) its the WHOLE package

in no particular order-
-capped or open turrets (yes the capped turret will be harder to spin. its physics. if you want the uncapped turret (larger dia ie larger lever arm) to not spin too easy, the smaller one HAS to be tougher to spin.
-oscillating tics on the elevation turret for quick acquisition and dialing
-large numbers for you blind folk
-large spacing on the ticks (only 10 mil knobs) - y a company would go over is beyond me...
-large FOV for finding targets/game
-my fav feature, the allen holes for re-zeroing the turret are on the back where you can SEE them and also markes on top of turret for fast finding
-20 yd paralax
-freaking awesome new tree retic that has everything you need and nothing you don't. ha. really like the tiny center cross
-MADE IN USA
-compact and light
-my game changing contribution, the target turret. just write down your targets and forget the time wasting arm band.
-MADE IN USA - if you don't like this, then go back to ARFCOM and buy ur chicom crap and complain about OUR president and shitty economy...lol

this post is worthless without pics...

2019 TS 5.jpg

Regards,
DT

I still have my XTR 4-20 and will prob nvr sell it. It is a solid scope and I know I can trust it. Glass is a step down for sure but its still a legitimate option. I would have no prob running my 4-20 esp if short on $$, which is exactly why I got caught up in this to start with.

There was a website selling the 4-20 awhile back for like $550. Nothing touches it in that price range...obviously that was a sale but if I had the $$ I would have got a couple.

Every match Ive shot this scope at Ive set the parallax at 500 and nvr touched. It is very refreshing to look through a scope and see clarity and not fiddle with it. The DOF is phenominal now that you mention it.

Looking forward to your review.

Same. Honestly tho I don't care as its made right here in UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!! If there are growing pains figuring this thing out, then I am totally fine forgiving them to figure it out as long as production stays here in USA by Americans. I cant stress the importance of this enough...

THIS is the reason I agreed to help out with this scope and represent them in the field shooting/testing their gear. God Bless America.

That being said I think they have a good thing going and as WJM mentioned, the glass has great edge to edge clarity but the bigger picture is this scope isn't just great glass (which oddly is all SH members care about) its the WHOLE package

in no particular order-
-capped or open turrets (yes the capped turret will be harder to spin. its physics. if you want the uncapped turret (larger dia ie larger lever arm) to not spin too easy, the smaller one HAS to be tougher to spin.
-oscillating tics on the elevation turret for quick acquisition and dialing
-large numbers for you blind folk
-large spacing on the ticks (only 10 mil knobs) - y a company would go over is beyond me...
-my fav feature, the allen holes for re-zeroing the turret are on the back where you can SEE them and also markes on top of turret for fast finding
-20 yd paralax
-freaking awesome new tree retic that has everything you need and nothing you don't. ha. really like the tiny center cross
-MADE IN USA
-compact and light
-my game changing contribution, the target turret. just write down your targets and forget the time wasting arm band.
-MADE IN USA - if you don't like this, then go back to ARFCOM and buy ur chicom crap and complain about OUR president and shitty economy...lol

this post is worthless without pics...

View attachment 7177461

Regards,
DT

^^ This..

I do expect bugs along the way. Not everyone is going to like it or love it. But Burris is incredibly committed to making this scope line successful.

I just got my 18x mounted last night. Headed out tonight to shoot it. I LOVE the size of it. It's very compact. In talking to Bill (wjm308) about it, both his 18x and mine appear to have the same turret feel. It's different than my 30x. It's less stiff, less clicky than my 30x. A little more similar to the XTR2 but a little more tactile. But it isnt nearly so stiff right out of the box as my 30x.

It's very compact and looks very small on the rifle. To a guy who is unused to these more compact scopes it looks pretty cool!

20191103_130951.jpg
I've had my xtr 3 mounted up for 2 matches now. I shot the Australian Prs finale on the weekend. My year has been rather disappointing to say the least. I'm onto my 9th rifle this season and my results have reflected this. On the bright side the best thing that has happened to me finally was getting my xtr3.
I started off last year in prs in production class. I had had 4 different scopes fail through the year and Burris decided to lend me an xtr2 to see if I could break. I finished the year with the scope still working and won the production series. This year I stepped onto open but couldn't get a rifle running right with various issues on various rifles. That same xtr2 is still going great even after dropping a 26 lb rifle on it from a hight. Now with the xtr3 I'm happy as a pig in shit. The field of view is amazing. The race dial is the best thing since iron sights were invented and to my huge surprise the scr2 reticle is really easy to see and use even back at 12 power. I have quiet bad eyesight and usually have issues with reticles on low power. For this reason I wasn't happy when they changed from .5 to .2 mil marks but I wanted wind dots. Now that I have it I wouldn't go back. I've used other .2 mil reticles and had trouble. This one seems to be easier to see and I'm loving it.
Anyway my training for the 2020 season started yesterday and hopefully my new rifle will be ready for next year

-MADE IN USA

These are the things that stood out to me, and it really is mind boggling why the other scopes out there don't have some/all of these features. So are you just adding a new layer of tape for every stage you shoot with some type of letter or number for each target, or are you simply adding yardage marks that match your dope?

These are the things that stood out to me, and it really is mind boggling why the other scopes out there don't have some/all of these features. So are you just adding a new layer of tape for every stage you shoot with some type of letter or number for each target, or are you simply adding yardage marks that match your dope?
I simply put yardage marks that match my dope. I number targets usually close to far and in that stage we had to shoot them in a certain order from different positions so I just wrote the order on my data card and the target number on the turret. That way there was no way I could get confused by the process