• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Burris XTR3!!!

Burris:

1l2xxw.jpg

So the big announcement day was just to announce the announcement?

My interest is fading fast with this scope
On February 3rd they are making a new announcement, announcing when the next announcement date will be.

Honestly though fellas.... Itll come to market as soon as they can make them and get them to market. Its not like Burris wouldn't love for all of you guys to fall in love with their product. Thats the dream of every business.

There's just a LOT going on behind the scenes in this industry, and many others right now.

Reactions: JDB55 and mi223
On February 3rd they are making a new announcement, announcing when the next announcement date will be.

Honestly though fellas.... Itll come to market as soon as they can make them and get them to market. Its not like Burris wouldn't love for all of you guys to fall in love with their product. Thats the dream of every business.

There's just a LOT going on behind the scenes in this industry, and many others right now.
I'm out. All they had to do was make the announcement and give us a price range. Could have ended with "availability coming in ****". Haven't we been waiting for this scope for like a year and a half?

Not sure why they did a video with stacks of scopes ready to ship, then start making announcements of when they might ship. I guess thats how they do it. Probably look elsewhere.

Instead of "Burris. Find What Matters." How about "Burris. Scopes Worth Waiting For."

"Wait For It."

("You need to wait a little longer.")

Reactions: J-Ham
Their going to announce the product on February 3rd. I think we've already covered the meat and potatoes of it.

Its going to be the same glass source from Japan. Not China. Not the Phillipines. Its going to be made to the exact design specifications that Greeley has used to produce this optic for over 3 years now. It uses the same mechanical zero stop that has been in use for 8 years on the XTRII and 3 years on the XTRIII (no, the turret marks are NOT misaligned in the above photo, its the angle of the shot). Its going to hit the market and be the best value, best glass, biggest field of view optic in the sub $1800 price point.

They are moving as fast as they can to bring it to market.. They want it to a be a success and they want every one of you guys to be happy with your purchase. In all honestly fellas, I dont know what else to add to that.

Edit; I just got a FedEx notification that I am receiving a package tomorrow from Greeley. I have no idea what it is.

If its an XTR3i I will pour over it for you guys and get you some pics.

^Japan - that's what I had remembered, and sure looks like Japanese glass to me. Crazy value.

I know I was not mad at the glass on the xtr3 I looked through over the weekend. I am leaning towards a pro but if they drop the right number, I’m in. I’m not worried about timeline, I have a barrel and ammo, that’s it lol. I’ll have it built by the time the 3i and Pro hit shelves and the damn snow melts around here.

How can you tell it's Japanese glass?
Is there little Hello Kitty's dotted about the objective lens?

Too good to be Philippines, from my experience anyway - also a vac-pak of used panties came in the box with the scope.

How can you tell it's Japanese glass?
Is there little Hello Kitty's dotted about the objective lens?

There is. You have to go all the way down to 5.5 power and look through the scope backwards. Dial the elevation down till it bottoms out and it will be on the right side of the reticle. This one works on the third Sunday after a full moon though.

But why make the announcement that your going to make a announcement and have that announcement be that the announcement is next week? What happened?
Maybe at the next announcement they will announce that the shipping delays are forcing the announcement back.

Reactions: Radar20
Edit; I just got a FedEx notification that I am receiving a package tomorrow from Greeley. I have no idea what it is.

If its an XTR3i I will pour over it for you guys and get you some pics.

Patiently waiting on FedEx to arrive at your house. You should take the day off, I’m sure it’s signature required. 🍿

Burris WOULD use FedEx, wouldn't they...? There's nothing in the box & now the 2 companies can spend a few weeks pointing fingers at each other & it'll be totally believable to anyone 'in the know' because both are at the pinnacle of making you wait within their respective fields.

Tagging back in to see the illuminated model FINALLY. Been long enough but who’s counting?

Tagging back in to see the illuminated model FINALLY. Been long enough but who’s counting?

Not gonna lie...Im kind of excited. I wish Burris was big enough to keep production in Greely, but at least the Pro is staying here.

Another teaser pic up today. I guess its Feb 3rd now.

DT

Not gonna lie...Im kind of excited. I wish Burris was big enough to keep production in Greely, but at least the Pro is staying here.

Another teaser pic up today. I guess its Feb 3rd now.

DT

Wait what...the regular 3's are not made here anymore?

Wait what...the regular 3's are not made here anymore?

Correct. The reason for the long wait: getting a new factory in a new country tooled up to make the illum 3's ALL THE WHILE retooling the Colorado plant to make the Pro's. Its been in the works for well over a year and the reason for the delays. Not being able to spill the beans as been hard, but completely understandable seeing people flying off the handle even now that the plan is announced WITH scopes still available. I hop e the illum is worth it. I admit I will be buying one but I am not sure if I will ever use it lol.

There simply isnt room for both scopes and keeping up with production. Only the Pro will be made in CO now.

I have no doubt the new XTR 3i will be as good as the CO version. I was told there also is over 400 3's in stock at the Burris plant that are USA made so those will be around for awhile. As they are not illum, I imagine they will sell less than the illum price but that is pure speculation as I do not work for Burris. Im not sure when/how the new prices will go into effect.

Regards
DT

Correct. The reason for the long wait: getting a new factory in a new country tooled up to make the illum 3's ALL THE WHILE retooling the Colorado plant to make the Pro's. Its been in the works for well over a year and the reason for the delays. Not being able to spill the beans as been hard, but completely understandable seeing people flying off the handle even now that the plan is announced WITH scopes still available. I hop e the illum is worth it. I admit I will be buying one but I am not sure if I will ever use it lol.

There simply isnt room for both scopes and keeping up with production. Only the Pro will be made in CO now.

I have no doubt the new XTR 3i will be as good as the CO version. I was told there also is over 400 3's in stock at the Burris plant that are USA made so those will be around for awhile. As they are not illum, I imagine they will sell less than the illum price but that is pure speculation as I do not work for Burris. Im not sure when/how the new prices will go into effect.

Regards
DT

While I understand it I'm glad I got my 3 while they were made here.

So can you say where will the 3i be produced yet?

So built in the Philippines with Japanese sourced glass, illumination and cheaper price. Pretty good package it would seem. Not a bad move by Burris I don't think, especially with all the inflation hitting every market including optics.

Reactions: D_TROS
That's what I was thinking, all the XTR III non illuminateds that are in stock/left over.

Nothing actually for sale. The last stock I heard of was the group buy around Xmas, done by HebrewHammer, which was a full month after all of the usual retailers ran dry.

• Wow
Reactions: JDB55

Regards
DT

^Wish that was true. I had 2 naked rifles for a while - scoured daily for XTR3 inventory, finally got the group buy deal, but decided to wait for the Pro, which was right around the corner...

Reactions: moosemeat

Regards
DT

I'm surprised that they have 400 in stock. I was looking to buy another one, but all the retailers are either out or don't have the scr2 reticle. Do you know which ones they have in stock?

It's ok. They are going to announce the announcement of the xtr3 this week. Available in 2023.
I'm used to scope roll outs being hard pickings for a while. And I'm actually done being pissed at the announcement of a announcement for the announcement.... I just cant wait 6 to 8 months to get one and dont live on a computer to try to catch one when the 12 are stock dropped, so I'll have to get something else that's probably just as good but cost more.

Last edited: