• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Burris XTR3!!!

I can end the suspense on this one. That's not their market on this scope.

This is part of the Tactical/Competition scope line up from Burris. Though I'll tell you honestly, the weight of the 30x XTR3 lineup is pretty competitive with its peers. The Delta Stryker, Tract Toric, Cronus and Razor are all heavier. The 18x Mk5 and XTR3 are within an ounce of each other.

It's just not the focus of the optic.

My big game rifle, gear,, boots,, clothing weighs 25 to 35lbs, depending on the time of year. An extra 5 or 6 ounces to get the optic i want isn't even on my radar.
Okay, so the cool stuff is not just illumination and it's not reduced weight, that's good, now you've got my attention.

Its amazing to me that this optic still isn't consistently in the conversation when the "usual suspects" come up (the MK5, Razor, Cronus, any LOW scope, etc)

In the last two years of constant comparisons, I've yet to see any of those scopes that were nicer than the pair of XTR3s that I always have at the range. But I've seen the Burris outshine quite a few of those.

And there is some cool stuff on the horizon for this optic!!
@Birddog, this isn't directed at you personally, so bear that in mind.

I'd love to think there is cool stuff on the horizon; but for too long "illumination is coming" has been heard (at least implied from my reading). I really want to like this offering; but the constant tease is a little old. Now the tease is more cool stuff for this optic (or is it actually a XTR IV now?) and since this is around the time I'm looking to purchase something again (>75% chance) it would be in my consideration for sure. However, the tease of illumination for a long time has dulled my desire. Since it's taken this long for illumination to (I guess) finally be here, how long is it going to take for the cool stuff and the actual inventory to arrive?

I'm sure it's a great scope; but since I refuse to pay that kind of money and not be at least offered illumination I've waited...and...waited. But just wait a bit more. It's starting to wonder if Burris is run by the GOP - just be patient, we'll work it out.

The improved model isn't out of the running, but soon it will be.

I'd love to think there is cool stuff on the horizon; but for too long "illumination is coming" has been heard (at least implied from my reading). I really want to like this offering; but the constant tease is a little old. Now the tease is more cool stuff for this optic (or is it actually a XTR IV now?) and since this is around the time I'm looking to purchase something again (>75% chance) it would be in my consideration for sure. However, the tease of illumination for a long time has dulled my desire. Since it's taken this long for illumination to (I guess) finally be here, how long is it going to take for the cool stuff and the actual inventory to arrive?

I'm sure it's a great scope; but since I refuse to pay that kind of money and not be at least offered illumination I've waited...and...waited. But just wait a bit more. It's starting to wonder if Burris is run by the GOP - just be patient, we'll work it out.

I always laugh at the lack of illum being a deter. I have used illum 3x in the last 20 years...both times were at night exercises/matches which Im almost sure 100% of the shooters on the hide dont do. Ive hunted on 3 continents and killed countless elk/deer and also nvr once used illum hunting. That includes early/late as the scope always seems to be brighter than naked eye anyway. Of course there are always bad eyes to consider which illum would help. so there is that!

That being said, I am as annoyed at the lack of release of illum as well. Id way rather no announcement was made. But Burris was soooooo close to releasing it last yr. Esp when I have seen prototypes ready to go. The reason for not being released will be made clear soon. To say it bluntly, there are major manufacturing changes that completely stopped illum production. And I for one am glad it happened.

I called everyone I could yesterday and was told the target announcement is this Turkey day. So hold your horses. lol.

Regards
DT

Last edited:
I always laugh at the lack of illum being a deter. I have used illum 3x in the last 20 years...both times were at night exercises/matches which Im almost sure 100% of the shooters on the hide dont do. Ive hunted on 3 continents and killed countless elk/deer and also nvr once used illum hunting. That includes early/late as the scope always seems to be brighter than naked eye anyway. Of course there are always bad eyes to consider which illum would help. so there is that!

That being said, I am as annoyed at the lack of release of illum as well. Id way rather no announcement was made. But Burris was soooooo close to releasing it last yr. Esp when I have seen prototypes ready to go. The reason for not being released will be made clear soon. To say it bluntly, there are major manufacturing changes that completely stopped illum production. And I for one am glad it happened.

I called everyone I could yesterday and was told the target announcement is this Turkey day. So hold your horses. lol.

Regards
DT
LOL. Thanks for the "Gobble" information.

I'm not saying I use illum a lot, shit, I'm not nearly as accomplished as 95% of you guys; but I know where I regularly shoot, at sunset (when sun gets into eyes and backdrop is dark as heck - not to mention the range usually paints targets dark (until I paint...LOL) ) it's very nice to have. And...if I'm farting off 1500+ I think that should be a discriminator.

I have no doubt it's a quality scope. I remember right when my father got ill these were announced along with the new reticle on the ATACR. So it's been a while coming. Hopefully slow and sure win here and an awesome scope is to be had.

Reactions: D_TROS

Completely understand your sentiments brother. And a lot of us are in agreement with you.

As Dorgan pointed put, the illumination release has been on again off again. Prototypes for the original release came out a long time ago, but lots of factors contributed to its delay. So we weren't deliberately misleading anyone, and we have shared your frustration.

Burris has kicked this back to the drawing board to make it something worth the wait. Only the customer can truly say if that will be the case or not, but for my part, I think this is looking like a fantastic optic. Itll have some features no other optic in the industry has, or is very rare.

Appreciate you hanging in there with us. I hope you continue to ride it out and wait for its release. I think you'll be happy you did.

Completely understand your sentiments brother. And a lot of us are in agreement with you.

As Dorgan pointed put, the illumination release has been on again off again. Prototypes for the original release came out a long time ago, but lots of factors contributed to its delay. So we weren't deliberately misleading anyone, and we have shared your frustration.

Burris has kicked this back to the drawing board to make it something worth the wait. Only the customer can truly say if that will be the case or not, but for my part, I think this is looking like a fantastic optic. Itll have some features no other optic in the industry has, or is very rare.

Appreciate you hanging in there with us. I hope you continue to ride it out and wait for its release. I think you'll be happy you did.
Thanks for the honesty from the information you have and are permitted to disclose - as always appreciated. For me, the choices come down to about 4 companies: Burris, Bushnell, Vortex, and Minox. Sorry, no TT or ZCO in my future unless I by chance win lotto.

I have a few Bushy's (LRTS both 3-12 and 4.5-18). The 3-12 I got from CameralandNY that has illumination is frankly one of my favorites. Kick myself for not buying 2-3 (instead I got the non-illum since they were on blowout pricing 2 years ago). However, they all have the GAP tree which whilst not bad, there is room for improvement that I don't really see too much in their new scopes they just released (not to mention no illum). I tend to dial up on those more than I do the Minox.

The Vortex Gen III (prepping to go right now and use it at range), seems great until 8-9x and then it, to me, gets very hard to get behind and the glass gets darker and darker. But, I guess we cannot have it all on an LVPO. So I'm really not sold on Vortex as a whole - but that's my issue.

Love the Minox, except for the return trip taking 4 months!!!

So I guess what I'm saying...Burris has a very good chance to get some business from me. Just don't keep me hanging much past January to make that choice. :) :).

Reactions: Birddog6424
I've been waiting all of October for McDonald's to release this year's mcrib harvest and now you tell me that I have to wait until Thanksgiving for the new Burris illuminated scope?!!! THIS LIFE IS A PRISON!!! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Tsovern and Basher
I've been waiting all of October for McDonald's to release this year's mcrib harvest and now you tell me that I have to wait until Thanksgiving for the new Burris illuminated scope?!!! THIS LIFE IS A PRISON!!! 🤣
One dangled Twinkle after another. And the treadmill just keeps going faster..🤣

It's disappointing that they are announcing this on the Nov 26th, if they'd waited till after the 28th I could have celebrated my 3 year aniversary of waiting for this scope.
Maybe in true Burris fashion it'll be late and I'll get my cake after all.

Okay, well that makes me feel better about buying an XTR3 a month or so ago lol
Haha, I'm not sure if the new one will be something everyone thinks they must have. I suspect there will be some price difference between the Comp version and the illuminated. And some folks who aren't illumination fans may no want to pay that difference. The changes made are very cool. But with all things there will be some who love it and some who don't think they need it.

Reactions: S3th
Haha, I'm not sure if the new one will be something everyone thinks they must have. I suspect there will be some price difference between the Comp version and the illuminated. And some folks who aren't illumination fans may no want to pay that difference. The changes made are very cool. But with all things there will be some who love it and some who don't think they need it.
Hey Birddog can you confirm if the XTRIII glass is sourced from LOW? I've searched all around and I saw that the XTRII was LOW but didn't see a definitive answer if the XTRIII was LOW or somewhere else. Also are the internals made in house in CO? or are they sourced from Asia. Thanks, I'm excited for news of the illuminated version coming soon.

Hey Birddog can you confirm if the XTRIII glass is sourced from LOW? I've searched all around and I saw that the XTRII was LOW but didn't see a definitive answer if the XTRIII was LOW or somewhere else. Also are the internals made in house in CO? or are they sourced from Asia. Thanks, I'm excited for news of the illuminated version coming soon.
The XTR2s were made in the Philippines except for the 1-8 LVPO (that I think was discontinued)

The location the glass is sourced from has always been a behind the scenes disclosure. But that is the information the OP and I were given. The location Burris chooses to use is Asia, I'm sure they have their reasons.

Material sourcing is rarely to never discussed openly amongst any optics company. Im not sure if Leupold discusses where they source their glass, but 99% of the industry is very tight-lipped about where items come from. As in all items.. they are rarely even very forthcoming about country of origin on a scope built entirely overseas.. You pretty much have to rely on second hand sources or just see whats stamped on the bottom, you most likely won't see it on the manufacturers website.

As far as internal components, the only thing I cant speak to is small screws. I'm pretty sure that pretty much no optics company has a guy turning screws for them. They buy them by the metric crap ton from an outside source and most likely use them across multiple platforms as needed for repairs and such.

The glass is sourced from Japan and the reticles are etched by a new state of the art laser acquired specifically for the new reticles in Greeley. The entirety of the rest of the XTR3 is designed, engineered, manufactured, and assembled in Greeley Colorado.

*snip*

The glass is sourced from Japan and the reticles are etched by a new state of the art laser acquired specifically for the new reticles in Greeley. The entirety of the rest of the XTR3 is designed, engineered, manufactured, and assembled in Greeley Colorado.

Thanks for the info. Looking forward to the announcement on the new SKUs. Any idea when the new scopes will ship out to dealers?

I haven't heard this directly from the mucky mucks at Burris, but I heard the official product announcement was late November, early December.

So if thats the case, we are super close.

Production is right around the corner. I have been given a target date as to when they expect to put one in my hands, but I dont think I can disclose that. I'll safely say its very close.

And bear in mind, Shot is just around the corner. I can say with full certainty that everything will be made clear and people will be able to put their hands on them there.

Interesting reading the input on the XRT III. I bought a XTR II, last year, at a great price, for a project. The problem is, the scope, optically, is terrible. I compared it to my Bushnell Elite Tactical, which I bought about the same time (for a different project) and its not even close. I took the XTR II back to the range, as I had to give it another chance, but....I took it back off and put the Elite back on. I'm in the market for another scope and while the XTR III is getting great reviews here, I'm very leery about buying one. Did I just get a bad one, or were the II's hit and miss?

Interesting reading the input on the XRT III. I bought a XTR II, last year, at a great price, for a project. The problem is, the scope, optically, is terrible. I compared it to my Bushnell Elite Tactical, which I bought about the same time (for a different project) and its not even close. I took the XTR II back to the range, as I had to give it another chance, but....I took it back off and put the Elite back on. I'm in the market for another scope and while the XTR III is getting great reviews here, I'm very leery about buying one. Did I just get a bad one, or were the II's hit and miss?
To which Bushnell are you making the comparison? There are several scopes in the Bushnell Elite Tactical line.

It's a first gen Elite Tactical, not XRS/DMR/etc. I bought it for my RPR rimfire and its a great scope, considering what I paid for it. I compared it to a Leupold MK 5 HD, and while the Mk 5 was a better scope, the Elite cost me $1500 LESS! I ordered a Razor HD II, via a 'hide vendor, but haven't received it yet. I'm hoping it meets my expectation.

The 2's were known for being poor optically. The 3 is top of the food chain before going Alpha, and the best value in the marketplace at 1.5K IMHO.

The 2's were known for being poor optically. The 3 is top of the food chain before going Alpha, and the best value in the marketplace at 1.5K IMHO.
I keep seeing these complaints about the XTR2 optical quality, but they don't match my experiences. The XTR2 and Veracity scopes I have/had were optically as good as anything near the 1k mark. Grantee, I understand some running changes were made to the XTR2 line and mine were fairly recent productions.

I put the XTR2 right in line with Bushy LRTS and Sightron S3 in average image quality; where each has slightly different strengths and weaknesses. I also put them a quarter step down from the XRS2, and a half step behind the Cronus BTR and XTR3.

The XTR3 also has some trade-offs. I haven't seen it mentioned, but mine does a poor job handling stray light/flare (w/o the sunshade); under conditions where a (no sunshade equiped) Cronus BTR had no issues.

I had a Burris Veracity 2.5-10 and it was a great scope....WAY better then this XRT II.

I had a Burris Veracity 2.5-10 and it was a great scope....WAY better then this XRT II.
Sounds like you got a bad one. My last several made within the last 3 years were decent optically. A fair quality for their price.

The XTRII has great durability, and super reliable, but haven't always had the best glass. In comparison to Japanese made Bushnell I could see where it would come up short.

However, the XTR3 is a completely different animal. The glass is quite good, as good or better than anything in the sub 2k price point. People aren't breaking them and they are tracking 100%. They are everything that was great about the XTR2, but with excellent glass and peer leading FOV.

The Burris XTR3 is one of the safest buys on the market. I dont see anyone on the several forums I surf ever say negative things about them.

My XTR3 3-18 was great! Looking forward to the illumination version and will be buying if offered with the tree/SCR2 reticle.
I agree! The 3-18 has fantastic glass and FOV. I have 31mils of useable elevation, its phenomenal.

I kick ass with mine on the PRS Rimfire Series on my CZ457. I'm headed to Texas with it in two weeks for the national PRS Rimfire Finale. I won the Northwest Rocky Mountain PRS Region with it..

I keep seeing these complaints about the XTR2 optical quality, but they don't match my experiences. The XTR2 and Veracity scopes I have/had were optically as good as anything near the 1k mark. Grantee, I understand some running changes were made to the XTR2 line and mine were fairly recent productions.

I put the XTR2 right in line with Bushy LRTS and Sightron S3 in average image quality; where each has slightly different strengths and weaknesses. I also put them a quarter step down from the XRS2, and a half step behind the Cronus BTR and XTR3.

The XTR3 also has some trade-offs. I haven't seen it mentioned, but mine does a poor job handling stray light/flare (w/o the sunshade); under conditions where a (no sunshade equiped) Cronus BTR had no issues.
There were some XTRIIs that made it out into the world with absurdly bad glass for a 1k. The ones i saw with really bad glass were the earliest production models when they still had 8 mil turrets.

What happened to the "to be unveiled" Nov 26th? With several good black Friday sales going on, granted with scopes that perhaps of slightly less quality, I for one don't know if I can wait past Fri/Sat to see just what this improved XTRIII is going to bring. I wouldn't be put off if the delivery/for sale is in January, but I am probably not alone in thinking the time has come, and don't continue to tease us. Perhaps @beetroot will make his 3 years to the day or wait longer.

What happened to the "to be unveiled" Nov 26th? With several good black Friday sales going on, granted with scopes that perhaps of slightly less quality, I for one don't know if I can wait past Fri/Sat to see just what this improved XTRIII is going to bring. I wouldn't be put off if the delivery/for sale is in January, but I am probably not alone in thinking the time has come, and don't continue to tease us. Perhaps @beetroot will make his 3 years to the day or wait longer.

I absolutely agree the time has come. I shoot for these guys and have a safe full of their optics. And I want their latest and greatest just as much as anyone else does.

Maybe they still will do a reveal on the 26th. I hope they do, but I have no idea, I havent spoken to anyone about it. All I know is when they plan on producing them.

Last edited:
Reactions: BytorJr
Not making excuses for Burris, but i'm assuming they are having issues with material procurement. I see this get worse and worse daily in the construction world, so I imagine manufacturing is no better. The supply chain has been effed for some time and not going to correct anytime soon. Thanks Brandon.....

I've got everything all set for my party, we will be most displeased if Burris cut me short.

Who that works at Burris said there was going to be an announcement on the 26th?
It wasn't by a Burris employee.

I spoke to a manager today, we were texting while he was out deer hunting in Colorado..

The announcement for the illuminated model hasn't been decided. They have made some changes to the line up. I honestly never even knew about it.. its been very under wraps.. With Shot so close around the corner I'm not certain how they will do this.

To be safe and not keep dangling a twinkle, plan on Shot Show.

It wasn't by a Burris employee.
This is my point. Burris hasn't been stringing people along with illuminated models or "XTR3.5". Yet people are upset with Burris missing deadlines that they didn't make.We are taking rumors as facts. I was one of those people. Now I'll wait for official announcements.
We got a saying in Tennessee. I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me..... you can't get fooled again.

This is my point. Burris hasn't been stringing people along with illuminated models or "XTR3.5". Yet people are upset with Burris missing deadlines that they didn't make.We are taking rumors as facts. I was one of those people. Now I'll wait for official announcements.
We got a saying in Tennessee. I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me..... you can't get fooled again.
Agreed. Yes, we've been waiting. And Burris has taken the illuminated model on and off the drawing board a couple times. But they haven't made a commitment and broken it.

Shot Show is a safe bet I think. Which means usually, you'll hear of it before that. They generally announce what they are unveiling at the show ahead of time to draw people over to look at them.

I have a pair of the 3-15 XTR2's and one (8mil/rev) is poor optically, and the other one is wonderful. I also have a 4-20 that is just spectacular (very similar to my DMR 2) and a 5-25 that is maybe better than the 8mil/rev 3-15, but far worse than the other 3-15 and 4-20. My brother has 4 of the 5-25 and two are wonderful, one is decent and one is poor. I really believe that they vary greatly from unit to unit.

Reactions: Neurotic
:eek::p:love::giggle:

Wow its been a crazy year. I went from being a scope snob

http://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/scope-snob-in-remission.6877345/

to selling everything and buying 2 new XTR2's with H59. This whole year as been fun competing with a scope that tracks phenomenal (what I rank #1 on the scope wish list) that happens to have the wurst glass in the world that you cant see the side of a barn with (what snipers hide ranks #1 on scope wish list) BUT to my great happiness, Burris has really stepped up and answered the call (admittingly I don't like the name just going up to "3" but I don't get to make any decisions regarding sweet names.. my model choice of "BASMF" got rejected...

View attachment 6976764

After a fantastic year of shooting, I was recently approached to spearhead the release of Burris new XTR3 at this years PRS finale.
Simple answer, if it tracks as good as the XTR2 I am in 100%. Now, the scope has landed. 3.3-18x50 and another scope with larger Mag range scope that hasn't been determined the zoom zoom yet but will be around 5-30 ish. They should be at shot and I have no idea on release dates. Im not an employee of Burris. Im now just a fanboy :LOL:
My day job is construction and my family lets me shoot like a ninja on the weekends ha...

Features on the 3.3-18
-Substantially Better Glass YAY!!
-Actually don't know how to explain this, but when looking through the scope, the scope almost disappears, ie the scope "shadow/ring" is very thin. Very cool feature I think.
-10 mil knobs (thank you for not going to 24 thousand clicks per rev. so annoying to clutter the clicks up.
-20 yard parallax
-adjustable zero stop
-locking diopertererer thingy lol
-Larger knobs easier to grab and rotate and SEE...(and also write on!!)
-KNOBS way more tactile than xtr. reminds me of NF or Gen2 rzr.
-oscillating hash marks (ticks) on knob
-set screws on back of elevation knob so you can actually see to get the allen wrench in to re=zero knob. huge pet peeve of mine lol.
-New SCR TREE rect. hashtag2yrslatetotheparty
-LArgest FOV in class- this number actually surprised me roughly 15' more fov at low power is crazy...FOV has become one of my favorite features in scopes in the last few years, so when Burris told me 40' I didn't believe them...until I looked through the scope. VERY noticeable.
some numbers
XTR3 = 40.3'-6.6''
XTR2 4-20 = 25.8' - 5.4'
USO 3-17 = 25.25' - 8.03'
Kahles 3-18 = 27.8" - 5.5'
Bushy LRHS 4.5-18 = 23.5' - 6'
Bushy DMR 3-21 = 25.3' - 5.1'
SWFA 3-15 = 34.78' - 7.21'
SWFA 5-20 = 20.1' - 5.1'
Leuppy MArk 5 3-18 = 28.3' - 5.8'
Steiner 3-15 = 36.0' - 7.3' (was surprised to see this as high as it is, but I guess it makes sense...)

SO, I will be shooting it this weekend at the PRS Finale. Come check it out. I am very excited to check out how sensitive the parallax knob is. My other high end scopes like S&B and Minox and Henny etc are kind of set the parallax in the middle and forget it. I hope this is like that. I ran my XTR2 at 400-500 yards almost exclusively. I hope this one isn't sensitive.

Ill give a better review after I put 300 rounds on it this week and at the Finale.

View attachment 6976765

As more than a few have mentioned, it is a VERY good time to be a scope consumer!

Regards,
DT
I have been shooting with the XTR III for about a year now. The glass is beautiful, the parallax is very sensitive, and the turrets let you know every click you make. I'm a casual shooter and let a salesman talk me into the XTR III after I complained about my Vortex Whatever. Ill never go back!

Reactions: Birddog6424
I'm hoping Burris keeps this scope near the $1000 price point of the XTR II, that would make it sell like hot cakes, if they are trying to market as a DMR II PRO and put it towards the $1500 it will still sell but many will be deterred I think. My next biggest question is weight, if they kept it close to 30oz this will be another huge win, but if its closer to 35 then not so much. Finally, that FOV sounds too good to be true, the only other scope that's close (within a similar magnification range) is the Schmidt and Bender 3-20x50 with a comparative FOV of 39.0' - 6.3' @ 100yds to the XTR3 3.3-18x50 of 40.3' - 6.6' @ 100yds.

Well that would be disappointing, the XTR line has always been the "budget" line from Burris and maintained a price point near $1000, if what you say is true then that puts the XTR3 in a different marketplace from their traditional XTR line, it would have been better for Burris to market this as something different from XTR or go the route of Bushnell and call it the XTR Pro or something like that, but anytime I see "XTR" I think around $1k.
You are right about the $1000 price point but I still love my XTR III and am happy with what I paid for it. Call it XTR or anything else... I call it a great scope.

I'm not sure people are upset for missing deadlines as much as it's taken over two years to add illumination to a scope which isn't a exactly a difficult task. I've been very vocal about waiting for the illuminated models, I can't say I'm upset, just somewhat annoyed that adding illumination isn't a priority for them.

I'm more annoyed that there hasn't been another alternative option that has the same features as the Burris for the price point, lots have come close (NX8, Mark 5hd, Vortex LHT, Bushnell DMR3) but nothing that has been compeling enough to stop me waiting on the XTR3i.

Clearly this is a case of first world problems and I could easily go and buy one of the many other products that are close enough or pay considerably more for a SB 3-20 or ZCO 4-20, but I have plenty of free time to waste on the internet so this is something I can complain about to fill in my work day.

Myself, I'm very tempted, with Non-Determinant-Color Friday sales to pick up an Athlon ETR 3-18x50. Currently I have a 4.5-18 LRHT on a similar build so the ETR would be a nice holdover. And, if I finally get off my arse and get something like a BXR, it can be moved to that if the XTRIII illuminated ever makes it. Taking the reverse approach of cheaper than going more expensive like another Minox (for me).

I like that: Non-Determinant-Color Friday......my problem with buying a XTR III is simple: my experience with the XTR II has got me scope shy. The price for a XTR III is what? In the 1500 range....if I buy one and get an 'oops', I'm stuck with another scope. My XTR II may be sold, but... I took a gamble and ordered a Razor HD II and I'm gonna be REALLY PO'ed if its tomato stake like the XTR II.

I like that: Non-Determinant-Color Friday......my problem with buying a XTR III is simple: my experience with the XTR II has got me scope shy. The price for a XTR III is what? In the 1500 range....if I buy one and get an 'oops', I'm stuck with another scope. My XTR II may be sold, but... I took a gamble and ordered a Razor HD II and I'm gonna be REALLY PO'ed if its tomato stake like the XTR II.

Completely different animal. If you don't like it I'll buy it from you as long as it's 5.5-30 SCR2.

Completely different animal. If you don't like it I'll buy it from you as long as it's 5.5-30 SCR2.
I agree. I’ve had the XTR 2 and a few others in the 15-2500 range. The XTR3 is far better than the 2 and equal to all in the price range minus illumination.

Well, what I'm going to do is wait for my Razor to get here and compare it to my 21 yr old PM II + a buddy's new Leupold MK 5 HD 7-35. I'd like to look at a XTR III....

I'm pleased to report my 3 year aniversary went well, had to go to work in the evening which was a bit of a bummer but I didn't work very hard so wasn't too dreadful.

I'm now looking forward to be disappointed in January when the XTR3QI++ isn't released at shot show.

The exchange rate looks to being turning to crap again anyway, hopefully the economy will pick up again the middle of next year ready for a 2022 thanks givng release.

We could start a support group. Battered but continue to hope.... we will survive.