• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Burris XTR3!!!

I'm pleased to report my 3 year aniversary went well, had to go to work in the evening which was a bit of a bummer but I didn't work very hard so wasn't too dreadful.

I'm now looking forward to be disappointed in January when the XTR3QI++ isn't released at shot show.

The exchange rate looks to being turning to crap again anyway, hopefully the economy will pick up again the middle of next year ready for a 2022 thanks givng release.
XTR3LGBTQ+ is to be released at the AVS awards, not the SHOT show.

Where's the XTR3 SCR2 30X inventory at? Very few sellers right now. Did they switch over to making the illuminati version already?

Brownells has them marked as "no longer deliverable"

I was told the skew or whatever that number is, will be changing. More clarification on the new changes to be announced this month (I was told). Along with the long coveted illumination and the xtr lgbtlmnop lol.

If anyone is going to the competition dynamics match next weekend you can see a pretty cool prototype on a couple competitors rifles...going to be a great field match.

Regards
DT

Reactions: BytorJr

It’s 1503 here. Great price and it’s showing in stock. I debated on getting on but decided on the Nightforce ATACR 7-35 here in the PX. I wanted the illumination and got tired of waiting on the XTR III illuminated version.

It’s 1503 here. Great price and it’s showing in stock. I debated on getting on but decided on the Nightforce ATACR 7-35 here in the PX. I wanted the illumination and got tired of waiting on the XTR III illuminated version.

Unfortunately not the SCR2. Planning to sell my ZCO 527 in the PX and buy 2 more XTR3 to have the same scope/ret on 4 rifles. Might as well wait until the new models are out though...

Unfortunately not the SCR2. Planning to sell my ZCO 527 in the PX and buy 2 more XTR3 to have the same scope/ret on 4 rifles. Might as well wait until the new models are out though...
They had the SCR2 last week but yeah. It’s sold out now. I took a photo of the scope in my cart and sent it to my brother as I was debating last week. Ended up with the Nightforce. It was 1530 instead of 1503.
A073F301-E9F4-4F60-BB5E-BE16A6AFC6E0.png

Was that 26 November release supposed to be 2021? Or was it 2022/2023? Genuinely curious

Took my XTR III to the range yesterday for the first time; very good initial impressions. Look forward to competing with it.

Reactions: D_TROS
@D_TROS can you say are they changing anything in the reticle?

I was at a match and saw a scope and there DEFINITELY will be a new reticle release. just reporting on things ive seen! ha

As to when information will be released I dont know. I know prototypes are being used at matches right now because Ive seen them.

I commend Burris for not announcing a date and trying to meet it. All I can say is I am duly impressed.

Regards
DT

I still have some 3.3-18x SCR2 in stock. I think they're smokin for the price, but illumination would be nice with the thin reticle. The glass is really nice for what they cost.

I was at a match and saw a scope and there DEFINITELY will be a new reticle release. just reporting on things ive seen! ha

As to when information will be released I dont know. I know prototypes are being used at matches right now because Ive seen them.

I commend Burris for not announcing a date and trying to meet it. All I can say is I am duly impressed.

Regards
DT
Is the new reticle just for the illuminated version?
Is the new reticle completely different than the SCR2 or a somewhat modified version?

I like that: Non-Determinant-Color Friday......my problem with buying a XTR III is simple: my experience with the XTR II has got me scope shy. The price for a XTR III is what? In the 1500 range....if I buy one and get an 'oops', I'm stuck with another scope. My XTR II may be sold, but... I took a gamble and ordered a Razor HD II and I'm gonna be REALLY PO'ed if its tomato stake like the XTR II.
The Razor is good and much better than the XTR II. You will, however, regret the Razor if you spend some time with an XTR III. Just my opinion.

IF...I could look through one prior to plunking down my cash.....

Is the new reticle just for the illuminated version?
Is the new reticle completely different than the SCR2 or a somewhat modified version?

Illum will be avail with all retc...as far as I understand. And there is a completely new retc coming out. As well as the tremor retc being offered.

IF...I could look through one prior to plunking down my cash.....

Where are you located?

Illum will be avail with all retc...as far as I understand. And there is a completely new retc coming out. As well as the tremor retc being offered.

Where are you located?

Cool news on rets although I bet I stick with SCR2.

I am unfortunately still located in the CA SF Bay area.

Im in Eureka....about 275 miles north os SF.

@TheHebrewHammer is doing some deals on the "old" models. PM him for pricing.

@D_TROS and others who've seen stuff / are in the know... From what was said before, the SCR2 Mil ret was supposedly too thin to make illuminated, and would be thicker in the illuminated model. Can you or someone else re-confirm this? If they are illuminating the current SCR2 Mil, I might want to pay for that, but if it's thicker, I probably want more of the old ones before they're gone.

Secondly, was mulling the thermal clip-on, but can't find the adapters anywhere... is this in the pipe along with these new scopes?

Reactions: TheHebrewHammer
My suspicions of my Vortex Strike Eagle rang true recently. Apparently something was wrong internally causing image issues and my tracking shit the bed at a recent Guardian match. I'm waiting on a repair and info from Vortex but am off the fence and definitely getting a new primary optic. Should I be waiting for whatever is in the works with the XTR3?

I'm in no urgent need since it's the off season and I missed Black Friday deals. I just want reliable at this point and best I can tell the 3-18x is a solid upgrade in it's current state even.

I may have made a mistake being impatient. I got a really good deal on an Athlon Ares ETR but ran into an XTR3 with the SCR2 reticle for a very good price. Is the Athlon even remotely close in quality?

I'm coming from a Strike Eagle so both I'm sure are a huge step up but I think I may have made a poor choice.

I’d go Burris XTR3. It really is a nice scope. I wasn’t impressed with the Athlon’s I have been behind. Not bad, but feel the XTR3 is optically nicer and stands out against others in the same price range.

Reactions: thelaststraw
Poop, that's what I was thinking as I was kicking myself in the ass when I found the XTR3 just a little while ago by accident. Well I may have a NIB Ares going up for sale soon....lol

I may have made a mistake being impatient. I got a really good deal on an Athlon Ares ETR but ran into an XTR3 with the SCR2 reticle for a very good price. Is the Athlon even remotely close in quality?

I'm coming from a Strike Eagle so both I'm sure are a huge step up but I think I may have made a poor choice.
I originally bought an Ares ETR for a precision 22LR. I sold the Ares because the eyebox was very tight at high magnification. I replaced the Ares with a 5.5-30 XTRIII SCR2 and am very happy with the XTR. The XTR has a much nicer eyebox and the glass in the XTR is better.

I am very happy with the XTR, I don't think it can be beat in it's price range. I occasionally am tempted by thoughts of upgrading to a March 5-42x56 but so far am holding strong...

I have no idea personally. I was reading the thread and happened to just read a part with comparisons to a few others like NX8, RZR, etc. That si what value was given and the same as the NF. I believe whatever the 10.4 value is was from a 5-30.

Not my intention to spread bad info, that's why I said it was from a post earlier. Pg14 or 15.

I have no idea personally. I was reading the thread and happened to just read a part with comparisons to a few others like NX8, RZR, etc. That si what value was given and the same as the NF. I believe whatever the 10.4 value is was from a 5-30.

Not my intention to spread bad info, that's why I said it was from a post earlier. Pg14 or 15.
It was a joke because the 3.3-18 isn't getting to 20x

And I just checked mine. If the mag rig matches actual magnification, it's 10.4 on each side. Total is 20.8

Wow....I slipped on that....hahahah. sorry if I came off a bit defensive. I've learned a lot here and don't want to be a clown spreading bad info.

I just picked up an XTR3 and had a question on the turrets. I understand they will loosen up a bit and smooth out some. Is it normal for them to feel a good bit different when dialing up vs down?

The elevation is superb dialing down but up is tight and dull I guess I would say. I can feel all the detents but they are not as tactile or lively as going down.

All in all though, a very impressive scope overall compared to what I have currently. I'll be watching for the news on what is in the future holds for the XTRs.

Reactions: Birddog6424
I just bought the 3.3-18 scr 2 mil. $1127 at primary arms with code save12.

Even though I would prefer illumination or a newer yet undetermined version, $1100 was too good to pass up. I really like my Minox scopes but I also like my 4-20x XTR II for what it is, so an XTR III at ~1/2 the price of a Minox LR or ~1/3 the price of a Minox ZP5 should make the XTR III a good scope at a good price.

Reactions: Birddog6424

Even though I would prefer illumination or a newer yet undetermined version, $1100 was too good to pass up. I really like my Minox scopes but I also like my 4-20x XTR II for what it is, so an XTR III at ~1/2 the price of a Minox LR or ~1/3 the price of a Minox ZP5 should make the XTR III a good scope at a good price.
Wow. That's a brilliant price for that optic.

Guys were blown away by my 18x at the PRS Rimfire Finale in Texas a few weeks ago. They were bouncing back and forth between it, a couple MK5s and one or two other usual suspects. They were impressed. Clear glass and crazy good FOV were the two most mentioned compliments.

Crazy the way these scopes still fly under the radar like they do.

I just did the same. Very pleased with it so far, especially for the price. I had just bought an Ares ETR for quite a bit less when I found the XTR3. Initially I was planning on selling it but will probably just keep it since it's pretty nice actually...and illuminated if the need ever arises.

Were they having a super dooper sale or is there normal price really low normally?
That's a smoking deal, by far the cheapest I've ever seen on a scope of this price range outside of a clearance sale.