• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bushnell 1 Mile Elite Tactical Rangefinder- Any data/ reviews? Not the Elite 1600 ARC

serevince

Private
Minuteman
Oct 20, 2011
Spokane
It looks like at a minimum Bushnell updated the software and I'm curious to see if there is any difference in field performance. I'm well aware it's not a Leica 1600-B, "buy once, cry once", etc. Last week it was on sale on Amazon for $500 shipped. They showed 1 left in stock, but whenever I got to the shipping phase of checkout it would come back OOS. Lame. I figured worst case I would send it back if it failed to live up to expectations. Supposedly the Bushnell Elite warranty is 100% for the life of the item, but I have not found any thing to substantiate that claim in practice.

I generally don't shoot anywhere where I can't hit terrain, trees, etc around the target to get a solid range. At $300 less than the Leica, it's attractive on paper. Local comps reach out to 1200yds, and I'd like to be able to get solid ranges on field targets out to 880yds.

Model # 202421 vs 205110

Edit*: Bushnell also has a video, shows holdovers in Mils, which makes me even more interested.

Only "review" I've found that I can confirm is the newer model.
Bushnell Elite 1 Mile Range Finder Video Review - YouTube

This one-
Bushnell - Elite 1 Mile ARC

Amazon.com : Bushnell Tactical 202421 Elite 1-Mile ARC 7x26mm Laser Rangefinder : Sports & Outdoors

Not this one-
Amazon.com : Bushnell 205110 Elite 1600 ARC 7 x 26mm Laser Rangefinder : Sports & Outdoors

Thanks

Vince

Last edited:
Very interested in this too as my Bushnell Fusion binos take up a bit too much space in my pack.

Yeah I tried to order one over here but they said 6 to 8 weeks waiting, I like Bushnell Products But I will have to get the 1600b due to the wait,

Still I might just get it when it gets here because it does have an Idiot Proof system and I need all the help I can Get, lol

Blessin's John

Well, I just placed an order for one on amazon. Said there were 7 left in stock but we'll see...

Well, I just placed an order for one on amazon. Said there were 7 left in stock but we'll see...
yeah I saw them a while back and they are from the US which is good for me, being in the UK

But I have an Issue with one of their Products that I am trying to get resolved, but Bushnell have been a great Help, But I am waiting on the Dealers point of View,

Blessin's John

We have used them a really like them. There are lots of reviews out there and don't think we are going to do one. We can do a Active Duty Military and LEO discount of 5%. Please call or email me for the discount and i will refund that back at time of checkout
Thanks
James
Rifles Only
(361)595-5472

We have used them a really like them. There are lots of reviews out there and don't think we are going to do one. We can do a Active Duty Military and LEO discount of 5%. Please call or email me for the discount and i will refund that back at time of checkout
Thanks
James
Rifles Only
(361)595-5472
I haven't found any reviews on this model or any even out in the wild. If anyone has links I would appreciate them posting up.

Thanks for supporting the Mil folks. It is appreciated.

Actually Ronin can you verify your referring to model 202421? Your link shows the older model and that would explain your awesome price as well.

Thanks

Vince

Yes, Thats the one we have. if you click on the Amazon.com : Bushnell Tactical 202421 Elite 1-Mile ARC 7x26mm Laser Rangefinder : Sports & Outdoors you will see we are the lowest price on amazon in the add to cart. I will update the website tomorrow but we are selling them thru our ProShop for 499.00. We have different prices on Amazon due to amazon fees.
Thanks
James

Last edited:
I have one and really like it. I heard a lot of negatives before i received it but it has been solid for me.

I have one and really like it. I heard a lot of negatives before i received it but it has been solid for me.

I like em but my Bushnell died after only being used on one outing

I love that thing, damn it,

John

Anyone compared it to the old model? Is the same hardware with new software, new hardware, same old thing?

The previous model did not recieve great reviews. I don't know how much software changes can improve performance based on the same beam divergence?

Anyone compared it to the old model? Is the same hardware with new software, new hardware, same old thing?

The previous model did not recieve great reviews. I don't know how much software changes can improve performance based on the same beam divergence?
the 1600 did suck in the mono, the binos were great.. as for beam divergence, while the listed is 1.5 × 3.0 mrad (vertical beam) and that aint that bad, when i measured mine with a set of NVG's, it was .55mills wide by 2.3 mills tall ish

but that has nothing to do with ranging issues, the receiver lens quality has more to do with that..

I have the 1 Mile and had the 1600 ARC. The software on the 1 Mile is much faster as in when you push the button it takes a split second on the 1 Mile vs about a second on the 1600. The display appears to be about the same but the glass is a little better on the new one. I had the older 1600 where the glass had that blue tinge to it. Ranging performance appears to be the same.

I have the 1 Mile and had the 1600 ARC. The software on the 1 Mile is much faster as in when you push the button it takes a split second on the 1 Mile vs about a second on the 1600. The display appears to be about the same but the glass is a little better on the new one. I had the older 1600 where the glass had that blue tinge to it. Ranging performance appears to be the same.

I have just Ordered One coz my one died,

John

We are running a package deal on these now. We really like them and for the money they are hard to beat.https://www.riflesonly.com/pro-shop/package-deals/bushnell-fusion-1600-arc-10-x-42.html.
Thanks
James
Rifles Only
az6ws6.jpg

1sbigm.jpg

245y6ba.jpg

Well I ordered one of these and tried it. Not impressed. I will be returning it.

When I received it, it was sunny. Ranging things around my house was not a problem. Although the readout is a little hard to read on light colored objects. I was able to range a tree to 460 yards and anything shorter. Then I took it out to a wide open field with houses on the other side thinking I would have no problem getting some ranges. The farthest range I could get was 701 yards and that was on a big window of one of the houses. Going to try a Leica 1600B.

Curious to hear what you think of the Leica 1600B once you get it. Please post your impressions here. Thanks.

Curious to hear what you think of the Leica 1600B once you get it. Please post your impressions here. Thanks.

Very impressed. Bought the 1600B after returning my Bushnell elite 1-mile and there is no comparison. This 1600B will range just about anything in a desert environment out to about 1100 yards in bright sunlight. I've ranged big targets and hillsides at 1500 yards. I wanted something to range steel to 1000 yards and I have no doubt this will do it no problem.

Bushnell Elite 1 Mile vs. Leica 1600-B

I'm interested in seeing how it performs vs the 1600B... I'm in the market for a LRF soon.

Hey guys,

I was digging through this forum a couple days ago trying to decide between these two range finders. Unfortunately there wasn't a ton of feedback on here. Here is my attempt to get you the straight forward results of my experience.

My local Sportsman's warehouse had both range finders in stock so I swung by and pulled the salesman outside to test them both out. Both rangefinders were tested out off hand with me leaning up against a wall. (Not the steadiest position)

Bushnell Elite 1 Mile -

Pros
-Ranged to 1670 yards off of a white hospital in the distance.
-Ranged to 1300 yards off of trees.
-Ranged anything out to 800yards. (Low angle hills, prairie dog mounds, dark brown fences)
-Rugged housing.
-Recital stayed illuminated during the ranging process.
Cons
-Bulky
-Glass is of less quality then Leica.

Leica 1600-B

Pros
-Ranged to 1252 yards off of a white apartment complex.
-Ranged to 1150 yards off of trees.
-Ranged everything inside of 800yards.
-Superior glass compared to the Bushnell.
-Compact
Cons
-Could not pick up the 1670 hospital. (Did not range anything over 1300 yards)
-Recital disappears when the laser is sent out. (This is a pain when you are trying to hold steady and keep the recital perfectly still.
-Compact size was harder to hold steady.

After I held both rangefinders inn my hand and messed with them for a good 30 minutes. I finally convinced myself to buy the cheaper Bushnell. I am a firm believer in but once cry once, so this was a strange feeling. Plain and simple the Bushnell out performed the Leica. At least off hand... Off a tripod might be different. I had enough money for either one, and walked away with the Bushnell.

So far off a tripod the Bushnell will range 13-1400 yards off of trees, barns, sign's, and moving cars. It also bounced back a 760yard range off of a horse which is plenty more then I need for hunting. I haven't found another target in the 1500-1800 yard range to try it out again. I'm sure I will in the next couple days though. Great value until I come into enough excess $$$ to pick up a Vectronix.

Hope this helps...

Andrew

I wonder why you had a different experience than what jw9424 did. Inconsistent QC?

Hey guys,

I was digging through this forum a couple days ago trying to decide between these two range finders. Unfortunately there wasn't a ton of feedback on here. Here is my attempt to get you the straight forward results of my experience.

My local Sportsman's warehouse had both range finders in stock so I swung by and pulled the salesman outside to test them both out. Both rangefinders were tested out off hand with me leaning up against a wall. (Not the steadiest position)

Bushnell Elite 1 Mile -

Pros
-Ranged to 1670 yards off of a white hospital in the distance.
-Ranged to 1300 yards off of trees.
-Ranged anything out to 800yards. (Low angle hills, prairie dog mounds, dark brown fences)
-Rugged housing.
-Recital stayed illuminated during the ranging process.
Cons
-Bulky
-Glass is of less quality then Leica.

Leica 1600-B

Pros
-Ranged to 1252 yards off of a white apartment complex.
-Ranged to 1150 yards off of trees.
-Ranged everything inside of 800yards.
-Superior glass compared to the Bushnell.
-Compact
Cons
-Could not pick up the 1670 hospital. (Did not range anything over 1300 yards)
-Recital disappears when the laser is sent out. (This is a pain when you are trying to hold steady and keep the recital perfectly still.
-Compact size was harder to hold steady.

After I held both rangefinders inn my hand and messed with them for a good 30 minutes. I finally convinced myself to buy the cheaper Bushnell. I am a firm believer in but once cry once, so this was a strange feeling. Plain and simple the Bushnell out performed the Leica. At least off hand... Off a tripod might be different. I had enough money for either one, and walked away with the Bushnell.

So far off a tripod the Bushnell will range 13-1400 yards off of trees, barns, sign's, and moving cars. It also bounced back a 760yard range off of a horse which is plenty more then I need for hunting. I haven't found another target in the 1500-1800 yard range to try it out again. I'm sure I will in the next couple days though. Great value until I come into enough excess $$$ to pick up a Vectronix.

Hope this helps...

Andrew