• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Bushnell 30% Rebate Info for Elite Tactical Scopes

Brownells has removed the rebate from their site after having it up yesterday afternoon on the Elite Tactical line.

Same process for me. I included a copy of the of the original rebate form not excluding the tactical lines of scopes with my receipt just for documentation.

It'll be damn hard for Bushnell to deny a rebate using their own form (linked to multiple times above) which DOES NOT EXCLUDE the Elite Tactical line.

Except the fine print at the bottom that says they can alter the promotion at any time.

Not that I think it’s good customer service to do that......just be aware when you show them their own documentation for someone there to show you language in the document that allows them to deny it.

Just something to consider for anyone who is stretching themselves on the purchase with the hopes of getting 30% back.

Last edited:
I just talked with vista and the nice lady on the phone checked with her manager then confirmed they are processing rebates on he elite tactical line, then took my name and address to start a file in case there were any issues when filing. Now to decide what to get!

I went on the bushnell website and found it. Not sure what it is, called from my computer, but it was the Texas location that’s handling it

I purchased a 4.5 LRHSi to use with this rebate, and when I went to submit the online form, it rejected my UPC. I called the number on the rebate form, and spoke with a customer service rep who was very helpful. He had me change the UPC under which I submitted for the rebate, and I specifically asked if there was going to be a problem since the UPC that I used on the form would not match the UPC in the picture that I attached to the submission. He said that it shouldn't cause a problem... but I went ahead and made myself some notes about the conversation and got his name in case push comes to shove later on.

I should note that the box in which the scope is packaged says "Elite Tactical Hunter" as the model of the scope, but looking at the Bushnell website and my receipt, neither one has the word "Tactical" anywhere ("Elite Hunter" is all that's used). I dunno if this is an honest mistake, or Bushnell trying to be cute in excluding this particular optic.

Either way, my submission has been made... we'll see where it goes from here.

I just got my scope today and tried the online rebate submission. It rejected the UPC code. I called and talked to Renee, and he knew exactly what was going on. Told me that the website is not set up to accept certain codes and they want me to mail it in. So I will do that tomorrow.

As long as they make good on the rebate, I”ll be good.

Looking at the Bushnell website, the exclusion of elite tactical applies to us US citizens as it is on their US form, their Bushnell Canada rebate form DOES NOT exclude the elite tactical scopes. This is where they or their associates screwed up attaching the Canadian one to some US websites. It seems they will not explain this when speaking to people. Is this difference because Canadians are not buying the tactical scopes as we are in the United States (poor sales there) ? Well, DMR 2 was the scope I wanted until this. Back to the search. It is not only about the savings but more about the regional sales bull which pisses me off as I am constantly told to buy American if I can. Guess I will have to save a bit more for the same level scope. Maybe deal with slight edge aberration and buy a Burris XTR2. Maybe live without all the nice extras and get a simple SWFA. Maybe sell my soul for an ATACR or RAZOR. Second focal plane instead of 1st, possibly reticle type (love that G2) and locking turrets (unless I go ATACR) will be the sacrifice . I didn't feel this way until this forum. Looks like some will get the rebate (maybe) and some won't. Optics planet shows a LRS with Canadian rebate form info and does not show any rebate info on DMR 2 page so they got it half right or half wrong, probably only corrected the DMR 2 and forgot to change the other page. I never thought buying something would be so difficult until I started buying scopes !

Just looked at the new Nikon FX1000, 800 dollars for FFP, good turrets, decent reticle, illumination and 6-24x with 30 mm tube. Also their warranty covers accidents. Nightforce doesn't cover accidents but their new FFP SHV would be in the running although only goes to 14x and I want to shoot 1000 yards. Their 5-20 SHV SSP would be my choice from them as I can give up FFP with a 4 ratio since the math would be easy enough in my head if on min or max only (short / long range shots). Had to give up on Burris XTR2 with all the edge problems with chromatic aberration reported. Anyone try a FX1000 yet or its slightly older 2nd focal plane version the X1000 ?

This thread needs some pics... What I spent my afternoon doing... mounting my new LRSTi.....
IMG_6053.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6055.JPG
    IMG_6055.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 44
Reactions: AznTactical
Mounted my Bushnell Elite Tactical LRS 6-24x50 in Leupold Mark 4 rings on my Savage FCP-SR today too. Fingers crossed rebate gets processed or I'm going to raise hell.

Attachments

• 20180311_160425.jpg
    20180311_160425.jpg
    434.1 KB · Views: 58
  • 20180311_160036.jpg
    20180311_160036.jpg
    384.7 KB · Views: 54
Having bought one of these about a year ago and liking everything about it, but the parallax knob. Is it quite a bit stiffer than other scopes you guys have experience with. My sample of 3 of them that I have been around (all 4.5-18X44 LRHSi models) is that they all have super stiff parallax knobs which only gets worse in the cold. I have a couple LRHS 3-12s and the parallax knobs are normal to me. I am wondering if its something with just the illuminated models in particular.

Got an email reply from Bushnell today saying they will honor the 30% off as it was their mistake. Do this before buying and you have the backup if it doesn't come through. I pulled the trigger on a Cronus BTR today for 1480 ( a steal - yeah !) but will still consider a DMR 2 for my black rifle, I have till end of month to decide unless they are all gone !

Does the rebate apply to the ConX/Kestral combo?

$799 from Cabela's
-$240 rebate
=$559.

Jefe's Dope, I don't know because it's a combo. The TRS-25, I think it is their Tactical Red Dot Sight line of sights, definitely is not on rebate as that was never on either the Canadian or US form. I am unsure what a ConX or Kestral is. As far as riflescopes, you could email them from their website and follow my lead, getting from them in writing if they will. This CYA's you when in writing, I don't take the word of CSAs anymore as when you call back you have no proof of what the CSA said. For any other Bushnell scope line it is a non issue as they are covered on both forms. I would go through the email process on a combo to get ok in writing. I am thinking not but you never know ? Good luck and happy shooting !

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
This is the reply I have from Bushnell customer service after contacting them by mail through their own site...
Jason,

thank you for contacting Bushnell Customer Support. I’ll be happy to help you with this question.

Due to the error, ALL Elite Tacticals are included in this rebate.

If we can be of further assistance, please contact us again via email at [email protected].

We appreciate your business. Thank you.

Belton

GetFileAttachment

I suggest you guys do the same.

Opps, should include what I said to them ...
Comment or Question
Hello, I have an issue with the exclusion of elite tactical line from your current 30% rebate for the month of March. Reading the snipers hide forum, I am not the only one. Looks like the Canadian rebate includes them and that form was put up on some vendors accidentally. Some on snipers hide bought a scope and have been approved by your CSRs and some have not. Will you honor the rebate if I buy a scope in elite tactical line ? Your LRTSi or DMR2 were my choices for what I need, I am hoping to stay with Bushnell and not look elsewhere.

I would post my full email but even though 99.9 percent of people are good people, I will not provide the other info like phone and email address to the whole forum, sorry.

Reactions: Chiller
Opps, should include what I said to them ...
Comment or Question
Hello, I have an issue with the exclusion of elite tactical line from your current 30% rebate for the month of March. Reading the snipers hide forum, I am not the only one. Looks like the Canadian rebate includes them and that form was put up on some vendors accidentally. Some on snipers hide bought a scope and have been approved by your CSRs and some have not. Will you honor the rebate if I buy a scope in elite tactical line ? Your LRTSi or DMR2 were my choices for what I need, I am hoping to stay with Bushnell and not look elsewhere.

I would post my full email but even though 99.9 percent of people are good people, I will not provide the other info like phone and email address to the whole forum, sorry.
grateful for the help. Do you have to enter this as a physical rebate in that the website is not taking the information?

grateful for the help. Do you have to enter this as a physical rebate in that the website is not taking the information?
Not sure. I ended up buying a Cronus BTR instead of a DMR 2i or LRTSi so didn't need to try. I have read a post that said the guy used the web to submit instead of a mail in card, he commented that it was the first time he ever found an electronic rebate submittal so I guess it is on the web ?

I was just told they will not honor the LRHS scope that GA sold. Does anyone have any feedback?
The LRHS is part of the Elite Long Range Hunter submodel under Bushnell's Hunting Riflescopes class so I am absolutely confident that your LRHS is part of Bushnell's 30 for 30 rebate program.

Not sure. I ended up buying a Cronus BTR instead of a DMR 2i or LRTSi so didn't need to try. I have read a post that said the guy used the web to submit instead of a mail in card, he commented that it was the first time he ever found an electronic rebate submittal so I guess it is on the web ?

That is a story you should send to their CEO.

Then again, I have to admit, I am not real impressed with this "Vista Outdoors." I went to their pavilion at SHOTSHOW, and lots of staff from unrelated brands were complaining. I went to see Bushnell and Eagle, and there was nobody from Eagle there. I sent Eagle a note, and they told me that they hope to have a list of items available and a price sheet in a month or two. Hmm., and there is this story I was hearing about how these orphaned brands from another company were forced to come together, blah, blah, blah. I am not sure how any of these brands will get any investment.

Man, reading this was like people writing letters to the ATF about shouldering braces. If you have an official rebate form that does not state the Elite Tactical line as ineligible, send it in! Rather than asking and giving them a chance to shut it down up front. lol They would have had a whole world of trouble and bad PR if they refused the rebates after the fact.

So wait you're telling me i can get 30% off the XRS II?
Yes, yes you can. Mine in the mail. I wanted an H59 so I asked some vendors about timeline and was told 6+ weeks but it happened to pop up in Stock on Europtics so I jumped.

Reactions: 5RWill
so... related / unrelated question. For the Bushell guys out there, like Will, is the XRS-II an improvement over the DMR-2, or just more magnification ?
I can't comment yet from person experience but the xrs2 is supposed to have the "ED prime" glass. I read Bushnell is coming out with a DMR2 "pro" that will have the same "ED prime" glass. Current DMR2 has some other non-special named glass haha. So take that for what it's worth.

so... related / unrelated question. For the Bushell guys out there, like Will, is the XRS-II an improvement over the DMR-2, or just more magnification ?
Having looked through an XRS II when they were prototypes and owned an hdmr II and recently seen a DMR II. The XRS II is in an entirely different category. I didn’t have any time to actually evaluate it that day of the OP of this thread but having seen the HDMR II/DMR II as of late they’re not comparable in terms of glass quality.

I’d also say it’s pretty evident considering the comparisons posted here lately of the XRS II against staples of the industry such as the gen II razor, ATACR, and S&B.

If i wasn’t running on loan money in school I’d find an XRS II right now and have it on the way. The resale value alone would have you gain money if you ever decided to sell. The glass is quality.

I’m still interested in the DMR II pro also

First time poster here. So is the rebate actually working for people? I'm looking at the xrs 2 but can't decide on the h59 or G3? any ideas on which i should pick?

First time poster here. So is the rebate actually working for people? I'm looking at the xrs 2 but can't decide on the h59 or G3? any ideas on which i should pick?

H59 if you can understand it. My rebate for my LRS was submitted on March 6th and status today is "received".

I just spoke with Ashley at Vista who told me I should be fine. Hopefully, that is the case. I have a new XRS II coming. For those considering, if you use active junky and order from Brownells, you can get an additional 4% off. That's 34% off the price. Not bad.

First post. I called today and read off UPC code from Eurooptic for illuminated G3 and was told that it was not on the list of valid items. He told me that he would contact his manager to see what is going to happen. Midway took rebate form off their page as well.

Curious...did you talk to Vista or Bushnell? I have a copy of the Midway form if you need it.

I called Bushnell/Vista, from the phone number provided on the rebate form I did download before they took it off. Was also told that things are subject to change during promotion. Sounds a little sketchy. Bushnell said they would try to call me back and if I don't here from them in a week or so to give them a call back to see what is happening. My concern is once the UPC code is cut off the box, then item then cannot be returned. This is sad if one had bought the scope solely based on this 30 for 30 offer and they were denied the rebate.

Bushnell will really be f-ing their customers and therefore themselves if they deny this when it was an obvious error on their part. "Subject to change" or not it's bad business.

Next time you speak with them I would mention that others were told that the rebate would apply and were told to send in everything. It may help you to get the rebate. I agree that Bushnell will have a problem on their hands if people get denied, especially since Vista reps are telling people they qualify.

There is a lot of glass in that price range that people might have chosen otherwise.

I Grabbed an XRS II, if not for the rebate I would not have picked something else.

No way I would pick a scope if I wasn't willing to pay the non-rebate price. Bushnell clearly made an error and has fine print allowing them to deny anything purchased after the error has been corrected. I would submit the rebate and hope to get what the form says I should, but don't hold your breath. Not saying it's good business, but there's no way I'd buy it at this point unless I was willing to pay the non-rebate price and still be happy with the deal I got.

Just my $.02 - it's worth what you paid for it.

I own both a hdmr and dmr ii and am happy with both of them that I paid full price for so I’m not saying anything negative about bushnell but there are plenty of great scopes at that price range to choose from.