• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Bushnell EQL Reticle

VandelayIndustries

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 20, 2022
Ask
Any word on when they'll start rolling these new reticles out on the new DMR/XRS?
Side note, Is bushnell dropping anything else for new scopes or they just rolling with what they have now? Finding a 3-12 LRHS is like trying to hit the lotto.

About time on the EQL reticle but sure haven’t seen any for sale. Would have bought one, but too late. I don’t get Bushnell’s attachment to the G reticles. They’re unpopular. Adding some dots in the ether in the latest version didn’t help anything.

Reactions: blksno
I’m not a fan either. EQL looked better to me. I don’t understand why they didn’t add illumination either. Seems like the same boat the XTR3 was in until recently

I've used illumination once in a competition in an attempt to contrast paint a grayed/shot out target at 1,000 yards. That's it.

Worse, my eyes don't react to red illumination well and very few (except cheapo junk, seemingly) offers green illumination.

So I actually prefer a scope NOT to have illumination... save me some money. If it was to be used in hunting, well... okay, then just the center.

Any word on when they'll start rolling these new reticles out on the new DMR/XRS?
Side note, Is bushnell dropping anything else for new scopes or they just rolling with what they have now? Finding a 3-12 LRHS is like trying to hit the lotto.
Their website says Summer 2022.. No idea about the LRHS.

Reactions: Hollywood 6mm
Thanks, I saw those. Hoping there is a demo scope out there somewhere that someone's taken through-scope pics of.

@Hollywood 6mm might be on the Bushnell team.

I've not had my hands on a scope with the EQL reticle yet. Honestly, I'm way more of a tree kinda guy than grids, so I probably won't get one. When they're ready to ship, I might see if I can borrow one for a bit to get photos, etc tho. I know @redx got to see one with an EQL at a private event late last year, though.

Reactions: impactaddict
I've not had my hands on a scope with the EQL reticle yet. Honestly, I'm way more of a tree kinda guy than grids, so I probably won't get one. When they're ready to ship, I might see if I can borrow one for a bit to get photos, etc tho. I know @redx got to see one with an EQL at a private event late last year, though.
Yes I got to see it last year, its like a H59 with a little less clutter. After shooting Horus reticles for the past 8 years Im not a fan of the G4 reticle and I'll get a DMR with EQL for my NRL22 rifle

The EQL better not be MORE EXPENSIVE than the G4... that would drive me up a g'dam wall.

bush_reticle_feb2022-2.jpg

I think they went a little overboard with the dots. But it's hard to judge reticles unless you are actually looking through the scope.

As someone who loves the AMR reticle found in some Kahles scopes, I’m fine with it.

Reactions: redx