• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Bushnell HDMR ii

SlimySquirrel

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 11, 2009
Please help me understand the difference between the HDMR and the DMR?

I'm also keen to hear your opinion on the glass against the Nightforce NXS.
I had an old NXS without zero stop that had decent glass.

I hear and read that the DMR is a step up in glass quality, I know it's a matter of opinion but opinions do count!

I'm after the FFP for hunting small critters at long range and the zero stop features that the Bushnell offers without paying for Nightforce prices...

DMR is illuminated and comes with the G3 reticle. HDMR is non illuminated and comes with the H59 reticle.

The scope has gotten great reviews. If you are interested in glass quality read the below thread

Last edited:
The H in HDMR denotes a horus reticle. DMRIIi or HDMRIIi would indicate illumination. The only difference is the reticle.

I've got one with the H59 and it's a very nice optic and the glass is beyond serviceable. My only NXS to compare it to are all 3.5-15 F1's and they still have a bit better glass, a good bit better resolution.

I have only used my one sample of the HDMR2 but I had several of the original ones and the glass in them varied quite a bit scope to scope. All but two got a bit dark and cloudy at about 18x. Still usable and a good value but my HMDR2 is good all the way up to max magnification. So comparing my one sample to the previous model I'd say the glass is unchanged compared to the first gen ones that had the better glass.

At the end of the day it's a great optic for a good value but it's not top tier if that's what you're after. The comparable Nightforces are.

Thanks for the info people.

The glass certainly sounds adequate for what I'm after but that reticle is just too thick really.

A big fan of the dot in the middle style. A bit like the Sightron scopes and I'm also thinking that the FFP is not the way forward when it comes to varmints.

Cheers