• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bushnell lmss vs USO spotter

Irish Bacon

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 18, 2012
Southern Oregon
I've been looking at these two scopes and am curious why the bushnell has a $400 higher price tag . $1000 for a USO sounds pretty darn cheap.

You all know I love USO, and to me......Honesty is worth more to me than making a buck. I would not own another USO spotter after trying others. The FOV sucks and the eye relief is horrible. Sorry USO :(

For the money, I think Vortex Razor is the best spotter

Last edited:
You all know I love USO, and to me......Honesty is worth more to me than making a buck. I would not own another USO spotter after trying others. The FOV sucks and the eye relief is horrible. Sorry USO :(

Thank you so much for the honesty I will look into the razors do you happen to deal for vortex or Bushnell?

Correct me if I am mistaken but none in that line have reticles do they? My preference is what a lot here have and thats the Leupold Mk4 spotter with either the Mil dot or TMR reticle

Too bad the razor is not a FFP... it's the eye piece deal.. I want to check out a bushnell pretty damn bad... I was asking obout the mk4 vs the uso on here. Everyone told me to stay clear of the uso.. So I ordered a mk4.. Haven't got it yet- but looks like the bushnell is bad ass for the money

Last edited:
im really liking my LMSS so far, was using it to spot .223 trace at 300m the other day without any effort, i will see how it goes when i get out further

Too bad the razor is not a FFP... it's the eye piece deal.. I want to check out a bushnell pretty damn bad... I was asking obout the mk4 vs the uso on here. Everyone told me to stay clear of the uso.. So I ordered a mk4.. Haven't got it yet- but looks like the bushnell is bad ass for the money

I looked through the Bushnell at SHOT show and I own a Mk4. The form factor of the bushnell is nice but I found the eye relief to be less accomodating than the Mk 4 if not a bit difficult. Other than that I found the quality to be equally high between the two but I can't see any reason why the bushnell merits being higher priced or worth paying the higher price over a Mk4.

I have a USO with a IPHY reticle as well as A Swaro STS 65. The eye relief on the USO took a bit of getting used to and didn't like it at first. The more I used it the more comfortable I became with the extended eye relief and makes it easy to use with sunglasses. The glass is not as good as the Swaro and recently installed a Vortex 30x reticle eyepiece in the Swaro and works great.

The Vortex RAZOR with the reticle eyepiece is single power setting.....????

Having had all of the above....I now only have a VORTEX

I have a LMSS and it is really nice. Love how small it is compared to a lot of the other Spotting scope on the market. It has the ED glass, Which I really like. It will be a couple notches above the USO in my opinion.

Don't I know it. I tried to sell him mine and he turned me down cold!

Although, I don't have the problems lazy21 does with my spotter, it's more to me the functionality. I bring my 1k spotter to deer rifle sight-ins and guys with $400-$600 spotters are kicking my ass. The focus on the front of the scope is just too far out there and not fine enough to get it where you can reliably see bullet holes at 300 yds. When I get it focused just right it's awesome.

Also, there is nothing wrong with a porro prism in a spotter vs. a roof type. You aren't saving that much weight and room. Porro prism types are much easier to build and also easier to install a fine focus on.

Irish Bacon,

Our Field Observation Scope (FOS) is not a traditional spotting scope. If that's what you're looking for stay clear of ours. Our FOS was designed for the Marines to be used out in the field. The eye relief was mandatory because it was designed to be used with a gas mask. I hope this helps your decision. I don't want you to buy something that you will not be happy with.

Jason

Reactions: nervous
Irish Bacon,

Our Field Observation Scope (FOS) is not a traditional spotting scope. If that's what you're looking for stay clear of ours. Our FOS was designed for the Marines to be used out in the field. The eye relief was mandatory because it was designed to be used with a gas mask. I hope this helps your decision. I don't want you to buy something that you will not be happy with.

Jason

Thank you for clearing that up! just want to say I have always been impressed with you're products and you're great service.

Just throwing this out there: I just picked up a mark IV 12X40X60 ffp with mil dot reticle from weby shops. It was under a thousand, new. It was such a good deal I called Leupold after receiving it to make sure it was not counterfeit and it is not. The guy I spoke with could not believe the under a grand price. In all fairness, I am new to the long range gig, don't know much about glass but what I have read here, but I am exceptionally happy with it.