• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Bushnell: Poor CS, bad math, F.O.A.D.

Hasgun Willtravel

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 21, 2007
Ionia County, MI
Let me begin with saying this, if there is one broke scope, in a pile of 1000 of them, and I was told to grab one, I would reach in the middle, and its my luck to grab the broken one, everytime, no matter what. I have a black cloud over my head with that kind of thing, happens on 90% of purchases I make. This is where my life long frustration derives from. Swear to god, I plan for this, I am so used to it. But anyways:

On Dec. 21 I purchased a Bushnell 1x MP Trophy Red dot scope, with the red/green reticle, to play around with on AR carbine. I knew full well this is no ACOG, despite its knock off appearence, and a red dot scope, so lets get that out of the way first.

On December 28 the scope came, and the battery compartment door was FUBAR, the threads were toast, and well, it was unusable.

I contacted Bushnell, they said send $10 check, for return shipping, along with the scope, and we will repair/replace it for you.

So I did, they received it Jan. 12. Some time whent by, and figured I would call them, they said, first or second week in February, they should have some in, and they would get one to me asap. I patiently waited for them to get their scopes from Indo-China, or wherever they are made.

I completely forgot about the scope until today, and figured I would call them to see wtf was going on. The tone that the customer service rep gave me suggested I should feel greatfull for the time he took out of his reading "Chinese for Dummies: How to speak to manufacturing" book.

He proceeded to put up with my questions, about when the scope would be available, and the answer I received was less than satifactory, sometime around the middle to end of May.

I asked what the possibility would be of "upgrading", to the Elite 3200 10x, for a .223 I have thats topless at the moment. He said that they could upgrade me to that scope, wich they currently have in stock for $168 dollars, or something like that. I did some real fast number crunching in my head, while I had him on the phone, and came up with something like this:

$175 that I paid for the Red dot, wich he quoted me has a $230 some dollar retail price. The Retail on the 3200 10x is $289 or something like that. I figured $59 bucks makes up that differance, but Bushnell math is a little differant, evidently.

I asked why the $168 price differance, if the retails are only $58 differance. He proceeds to tell me, that they can not turn around and sell my damaged scope, to make up the differance in cost. My response was, neither can I, nor can I use the damaged scope, wich is why you have it, and are sending me another one. With the scope that you are sending me, you can turn around and sell, there for leaving a $58 dollar differance...and the scope to be rapaired and resold, badabing.

He told me $168 thats it....

So, here I am, with Bushnell holding all the cards. I am hoping that there is a Bushnell rep who will read this here, and rectify the situation, as so many other reputable manufacturers have in the past for other members calling out their company.

At this point, I will wait for the red dot, share my experiances, and never deal with this crap again.

I have dealt with Leupold with misc. items, and could not have been more satisfied, I have a reticle that was loose in a VXIII, I sent my scope in, they had it repaired and back to me within 12 days.

I purchased a Burris spotter off the hide last year, and just 2 weeks ago, called them, asking for the price of the eyepeice cover that it did not come with, they said, "No charge", they sent me the eye and objective covers, and the carry bag. Thats Customer Service right there.

I am pretty pist, but was aware of the product quality I would be getting, I just didnt think it would be broke upon arrival. If I wanted to take the Elite 3200, I would have roughly $175 into the cost of the redot, plus the $168 price differance leaves me paying $343 for a scope that is in Midway right now for $219 on pg.31 of thier April flier.

So, unless something happens before I get that replaced/repaired scope, I am done with Bushnell, and would advise people against dealing with them, as their CS sucks, and they can not add nor subtract right.

Re: Bushnell: Poor CS, bad math, F.O.A.D.

Sorry to hear that, but Leatherwood is no different on their exchange policy when upgrading, if it makes you feel any better.

I have 3 Bushnell Elite 4xxx scopes and a Super Sniper 16x, so I hope I don't have to 'ever' to send any of them in.

Good luck, Chris

Yeah that's unfortunate. They must be having problems getting a replacement because the couple of times I've sent stuff to them it's been only a couple weeks at most turn around.

I have to agree I don't really like their upgrade pricing either. Though many companies these days won't even offer the option to upgrade.

Bottom line is though don't only vote with your $ but tell them you are going to be sending your business elsewhere. Bushnell may not care about one customer but if enough customers complain they may reach sympathetic ears along the way.

Sorry to hear about your luck. I actually think that I have the exact same luck as you do when it comes to life as you do. I've gone as far as calling it "Beasley's Law" (my last name.

Just managed to disintegrate(sp) the internals on my cheapy Bushnell Banner the last time I was at the range shooting the fierce-kicking .22LR of mine. Glad that I just pulled my head out of my ass too because I was thinking of trying out the Elite 6500 series for my .223. Their glass is pretty good, but it seems their CS and warranty are lacking. I think I've owned my last Bushnell scope.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: diggler1833</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry to hear about your luck. I actually think that I have the exact same luck as you do when it comes to life as you do. I've gone as far as calling it "Beasley's Law" (my last name.

Just managed to disintegrate(sp) the internals on my cheapy Bushnell Banner the last time I was at the range shooting the fierce-kicking .22LR of mine. Glad that I just pulled my head out of my ass too because I was thinking of trying out the Elite 6500 series for my .223. Their glass is pretty good, but it seems their CS and warranty are lacking. I think I've owned my last Bushnell scope. </div></div>

Man, you're lucky it was only your scope. I've have had multiple shoulder injuries and two deep cuts over my eye from shooting my Western Field 22LR. I had to drop to the shorts for the sake of safety.

That's some BS, CS. I had a proplem with a bushnell rangefinder, which btw was a huge pile of steaming..., but luckily I purchased it through cabelas. They took it back and gave me my money back. That was even after I had cashed in the rebate. This experience has given me even more reason to purchase from companies who stand behind their products as well as the ones they sell. Let us know how it turns out.

I am about 100% confident that I will wait and wait, until I get the red dot.

BTW, does Bushnell handle the warranties on Super Snipers? I have heard rumor of this, but SWFA says they handle it...I have several of these scopes, and to find out that they are handling warranty issues will end any other purchase I make of this product....thats a shame too, because I like the SS's, but I would rather chew on glass than to deal with them again.

I have seen outstanding support for Falcons through dealers here on the Hide, so it looks like that may be the next logical step to avoid bushnell..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HasgunWilltravel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am about 100% confident that I will wait and wait, until I get the red dot.

BTW, does Bushnell handle the warranties on Super Snipers? I have heard rumor of this, but SWFA says they handle it...I have several of these scopes, and to find out that they are handling warranty issues will end any other purchase I make of this product....thats a shame too, because I like the SS's, but I would rather chew on glass than to deal with them again.

I have seen outstanding support for Falcons through dealers here on the Hide, so it looks like that may be the next logical step to avoid bushnell.. </div></div>

Bushnell owns Tasco, Tasco makes Super Sniper.

I feel for you.

I have one of these Trophy MD's sitting in the shelf.
The reticle came with a tilt to it as I heard most of them do, which I corrected by bending the tube the LED mounts in.
The reticle is not bright enough for me, completely washes out on bright objects on a sunny day. It's an OK low light optic for the price, but it does not have the reticle brightness for mid-day.