• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cadex Defence, flaunt it if you've got it!

Brand spankin new Kraken in 300 Norma showed up yesterday! Man I love it!

Attachments

• IMG_5828.jpeg
    IMG_5828.jpeg
    766.1 KB · Views: 382
  • IMG_5829.jpeg
    IMG_5829.jpeg
    900.5 KB · Views: 387
  • IMG_5839.jpeg
    IMG_5839.jpeg
    704 KB · Views: 571
Anyone in here a machinist?

I’m looking to see if anyone can make an arca rail like how Area419 makes for the AIAX. I’ve talked with them and they are too busy to build one.

Below is an example of the AIAX rail they make.
7B4E098F-9BD6-47EF-B9FA-424CBEB8DD2C.jpeg

The idea is to not only have a full length rail but to also stiffen the mating point where the forend tube and base chassis mate. Below is the area I’m wanting to stiffen up on my Shadow 40 chassis

65BB5F6B-DC99-49B2-BD16-882DED702188.jpeg

Reactions: MPrimo
My Shadow with new 34in 1-7 twist.The work was done by Robert Vestal. The brake is a Terminator T5. Scope is 34 mil S&B 3x27 with H59 Mount ERA-TAC 0-70 MOA and Charlie Tac set to 30 mils. The bipod is ACCU-TAC HD-50. So far the longest shot made was 3440 yards. With the Charlie I have 68.8 mils of adjustment which gets me out passed 3800 Yards.

IMG_0411 (2).jpg

Pretty soon Robert is going to be building all of our rifles lol

Reactions: MACHTECH
Still looks like very good groupings at 700 yard and i have seen videos of individuals pushing these rounds out to 2000 yards and beyond with very good success check out this video from a ELR couple in Western Australia

Got back to the 2167 yard spot with the 300 PRC on a 30” x 30” plate. With a bit of a gusty breeze I had hits on my 3rd, 5th & 8th shots. Felt great to get hits at this range on the 3rd time I’ve tried. My wife got a great video on which you can hear the ring of the steel about 9 seconds after the shot.

A09DE493-EEEE-48E5-A1E9-660A7D6E88FC.jpeg

7A900DA7-12D0-4BE7-BD69-33BD604D1640.jpeg
6914335B-4A91-46E6-A7E7-073466C3BFCC.jpeg

What’s the max barrel OD for the Shadow and Tremor chassis?

Does some one know the color code of this green Cadex chassis?
Cadex has decreased color options on the chassis line, so this one is no longer there, but if some one know the code of it, i would be pleased.

I'm in the verge of ordering either a Cadex Kraken or the new AI AXMC MK3 (similar to AXSR in the US). Want to get it with .308. 6.5CR and 300 Norma in one buy.

Cadex would cost me about 2-3K euro (3-4K Us$) more (any of these rifle systems will set me back +12k$ minimum).

Is see some advantages of the Cadex but also some drawbacks. Cadex would have better POI after change of barrel, the rifle looks better (to me) and the Rem700 platform allows for some more flexibility in aftermarket triggers etc. At the same time I don't know any Kraken users here were I live (The Netherlands) so I thing re-sale value also might be less then a AI. I have also seen some remarks on the replacement barrel availability but in Europe both are difficult to get.

Would you have any seen any other benefits of the Kraken vs the mentioned AI?

Does some one know the color code of this green Cadex chassis?
Cadex has decreased color options on the chassis line, so this one is no longer there, but if some one know the code of it, i would be pleased.

Hello Sir, sorry but we no longer have the code for this color. The name was Zombie Green but that is the only information we have.

Reactions: viking78
I'm in the verge of ordering either a Cadex Kraken or the new AI AXMC MK3 (similar to AXSR in the US). Want to get it with .308. 6.5CR and 300 Norma in one buy.

Cadex would cost me about 2-3K euro (3-4K Us$) more (any of these rifle systems will set me back +12k$ minimum).

Is see some advantages of the Cadex but also some drawbacks. Cadex would have better POI after change of barrel, the rifle looks better (to me) and the Rem700 platform allows for some more flexibility in aftermarket triggers etc. At the same time I don't know any Kraken users here were I live (The Netherlands) so I thing re-sale value also might be less then a AI. I have also seen some remarks on the replacement barrel availability but in Europe both are difficult to get.

I'd go AXMC to be honest. I was in the same boat as you last year. (And I'm also from Belgium btw). I chose AXMC.
Rifle itself is cheaper, no conversion tools needed (which also cost money) and barrel availability is indeed much better. Both Pirosport and SolidSolutions can make any barrel for you in any caliber you want. You just don't have that kind of option with the Kraken.
AXMC just makes more sense. I'm below 10k for my AXMC with 3 barrels (without optics). But I do have the older AXMC and not the MK3.

That being said, Kraken sounds way cooler and Cadex rifles also look much nicer.
I'm still gonna buy a Cadex rifle. Just difficult to decide if I should buy a Shadow/Tremor which I wouldn't be able to use very often. Or if I should buy a smaller caliber variant which I don't really need because the multicaliber possibility of the AXMC already covers that.. 😅

Reactions: tyfoon

Hello tyfoon,

Thank you for the interest in the Kraken. I am not sure what the AXMC retails for in Europe but know the Kraken is very competitive in the US market. I would recommend pricing out the Kraken complete. With the configuration of calibers you are looking for you will be covered with 2 caliber conversions. The parts brake down you will need is as follows.
1. base rifle to make it easy we will say you order a rifle 300 Norma.
2. 308 and 6.5 barrels
3. Bolt body for 308
4. mag conversion and mags for 308
5. barrel changing tools.

If you decide to order a new barrel we will only need your serial number off your action. We keep a record of all the info needed to chamber and head space your barrel perfectly. We guaranty our rifle to return to with in 1 tenth or less every time at 100 yards. The way we accomplish this is to torque down the rifle every time with our barrel changing tools. Once you have set your zeros and off sets you are good to go. I have personally seen us do mulitiple swaps over a day then have shooter take the gun to 1450 meters with first round impact time after time.

You are getting a heavily engineered multi cal system compared to a threaded in barrel with a cross bolt to hold it in place.

let us know if you have any other questions
Ryan

Reactions: iliket0drum
Anyone have any heavy weighted bag rider for the skeletonized buttstock?

Trying to find one that weighs around a pound or more.

How do you get the Kraken with skeleton stock? Do you just ask for it? And does Cadex guarantee a certain MOA? I've been wanting to order one of these forever.

Hello Sir, yes you just have to ask for a skeleton stock. And we guarantee less than 1 MOA with match grade ammo. Thanks for your interest towards our products!

Does anyone know if you can, or have put an XLR TR-2 buttstock on a Field Competition Chassis? Can't find the post anymore, but I thought I saw someone put an MDT folding adapter on another type of fixed Cadex chassis.

Does anyone know if you can, or have put an XLR TR-2 buttstock on a Field Competition Chassis? Can't find the post anymore, but I thought I saw someone put an MDT folding adapter on another type of fixed Cadex chassis.
Yes it can be done but you’ll need to add a locking plate to block the rotation of the rear stock

300 PRC Field competition chassis, 26” rock creek barrel 7twist, Big Horn TL3 action built by Patriot Valley arms. Haven’t even had a chance to shoot it yet. But I will have some of Josh’s 241 solids loaded for me. View attachment 7443879View attachment 7443880View attachment 7443881View attachment 7443882View attachment 7443883View attachment 7443884View attachment 7443885
Build turned out great. That was the other color that I was considering for my chassis. Which Spuhr mount did you end up going with?

Reactions: Cheeseburger1976
Anyone own a Kraken and have a gunsmith make barrels for it?
I may have a good deal on one.
I’m wonder is there’s any smiths out there that have the tenon information to chamber the barrels and just use the rifle like a regular shouldered barrel without needing Cadex kraken action wrench.

what I’m not wanting to do is buy a $1300.00 barrel from cadex when clearly a smith could easily chamber the barrel like any other action out there.
I also wonder if the 30/300/33 action wrench would work in the Kraken with or without any modification. I think it would be similar since the actions are the same size. 1.55”. I’m assuming the raceways are similar as well.

Where in the lower 48 are you guys buying cadex chassis from?

20201216_110637.jpg

Cadex field comp
w/ short action bottom metal
Modified MPA grip
Stiller TAC300
Trigger Tech 2 stage diamond
CBI barrel
.150 recoil lug from Hunts long range
PVA 12 point barrel nut
PVA 4 port brake
Waiting on supressor conversion from my SDN 6

Bushnell XRS H59 waiting on the gen 3 to come out
Hawkins 1.25 rings

Where in the lower 48 are you guys buying cadex chassis from?
We have a rapidly growing network of dealers in the US that you can choose from. The best way to find them is at the link below. If you have a local dealer interested in getting set up as a dealer have them email me at [email protected]. As for lead times on chassis you are looking at 4-6 weeks on the majority of products.

cheers,
Ryan

Anyone own a Kraken and have a gunsmith make barrels for it?
I may have a good deal on one.
I’m wonder is there’s any smiths out there that have the tenon information to chamber the barrels and just use the rifle like a regular shouldered barrel without needing Cadex kraken action wrench.

what I’m not wanting to do is buy a $1300.00 barrel from cadex when clearly a smith could easily chamber the barrel like any other action out there.
I also wonder if the 30/300/33 action wrench would work in the Kraken with or without any modification. I think it would be similar since the actions are the same size. 1.55”. I’m assuming the raceways are similar as well.

The Tenon drawing for the Kraken has not been released for use by general gun smiths as the time, research and testing that went into this project was a huge investment and we do not want it copied. None of the action wrenches we offer will work in the Kraken other then the Kraken wrench with a factory barrel.

As for the price lets take into account that
1. The barrel comes fluted, cerakoted, threaded for a brake and head spaced perfectly to your action.
2. We are using premium Bartlien barrels
3. You do not have to pay to ship your action to a gun smith and then back.
4. You can schedule your new barrel to be delivered, and if you are in a pinch we usually have barrels ready to go that could be to you with in a week.

You should also take a look at the other multi cal guns on the market. We are actually cheaper then most of them.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,
Ryan

The Tenon drawing for the Kraken has not been released for use by general gun smiths as the time, research and testing that went into this project was a huge investment and we do not want it copied. None of the action wrenches we offer will work in the Kraken other then the Kraken wrench with a factory barrel.

1. The barrel comes fluted, cerakoted, threaded for a brake and head spaced perfectly to your action.
4. You can schedule your new barrel to be delivered, and if you are in a pinch we usually have barrels ready to go that could be to you with in a week.

You should also take a look at the other multi cal guns on the market. We are actually cheaper then most of them.

Cheers,
Ryan
Can you do the same with your regular non MC actions? Prefits can be had for close to $800 for most other actions. I think most of us can do without the additional cost of fluting.

Last edited:
What kind of accuracy have you been getting with the 50? Between BMG, Cheytac, and Lapua there are all kinds of options.
The 50bmg is a totally different beast to shoot accurately and consistently. Call me a wimp of whatever you want, but managing recoil on the 50bmg consistently is an exercise onto itself. I have gotten 3-5 shot groups of about 2 inches or less at 300 yards, but it requires me to really focus and do my job. Having inconsistent shoulder pressure, bipod pre-load, flinching(however slightly), throws shots off.

I am way more consistent with my MPA 6.5 PRC and 300WM - consistently less than 1.5 inches over 5 shot groups at 300 yards in any condition. The Cadex Tremor 50bmg is such a hoot and challenge to shoot though, I really love it.

Cadex Tremor .50! I'm thinking of getting one since I can't find a Bushmaster BA50/Remington R2MI, AI AX 50, and McMillan TAC-50. Wanting to know about accuracy, repeatability, and reliability. Don't see many reviews or videos about them. Also thread pitches as I have both AAC Cyclops and AWC Turbodyne so suppression is required.

Anyone with the Stiller Tac408 1.45” action and a Dual Strike want to share their opinion on the combo?

I’ve never used a Stiller action but they seem reasonably priced

Cheers,
Ryan

I only wanted the Kraken because of the thicker tenon compared to the CDX33 action. The Kraken could easily be used as a single shot cheytac action as well if you guys would make a bolt face for it. It’s almost the perfect do it all action but it’s being restricted as per what you mentioned.

I’ve since decided to go a different direction anyways.