• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Calling Belgian Malinois Owners

Bogey's modesty and experience says it all. Listen well.

Good to see you around brother, hope all is well with you and your family.

Thanks brother, all is well, just working myself into the ground. The missus has been in Boston for almost a year on business, so we see each other every 6 weeks or so. Unless she's home I'm doing long days either welding, ironworking, or some days both.

I think the last day I got to spend much time on the Hide was for A1J's Magnetospeed conspiracy.

I hope you and the lady have a great Christmas, Lord knows we were away for enough of them.

Blkwlf,
Exactly correct and Theis has seen the same, I’m sure. It’s why I got out of the show ring years ago, nothing but politics and ego and nothing to do with the merits or welfare of the dog.
Kennel blindness is epidemic ? and too many morons training incompetent dogs that turn out to be loose canons
I said that I wouldn’t have another “pure bred” anything, just my old cur dogs that hunt/kill about anything, but when I saw what a real GSD was and not these American bred “pin heads” I decided to give it a go.
Very difficult to find ethical breeders with the best interest of the dog/breed in mind.

Blkwlf,
Exactly correct and Theis has seen the same, I’m sure. It’s why I got out of the show ring years ago, nothing but politics and ego and nothing to do with the merits or welfare of the dog.
Kennel blindness is epidemic ? and too many morons training incompetent dogs that turn out to be loose canons
I said that I wouldn’t have another “pure bred” anything, just my old cur dogs that hunt/kill about anything, but when I saw what a real GSD was and not these American bred “pin heads” I decided to give it a go.
Very difficult to find ethical breeders with the best interest of the dog/breed in mind.

America effectively killed off "real" GSDs through horrible breeding for flawed appearance ideals. IIRC they are now even referred to semi-officially as American GSD's because they're so miserably different than what true European shepherds are.
I will gladly take a true GSD, sight unseen, over a Mal that I've had a month to evaluate.

Reactions: BLKWLFK9
I'm one of the few fortunate people that can take my dog to work with me every day. She spends the day running around a 110,000 sqft bldg with me and the few people she likes. If I had to leave her in a kennel at home all day, there's no way I could keep up with her.
At the end of the day, even though she's on the lower end of the spectrum, she's still an asshole if she's not mentally and physically challenged every day.

Hi,

LOL at bug eyes.... @bogeybrown

Most of those damn "things" seem to come down from a deep linebred Deux Pottois lineage, particularly the G'Vitou dogs.

With the right handler those things will go through hell and back.

With the wrong handler those things are just hell themselves.

KASOTC K9 program is based off that linebred lineage.

Sincerely,
Theis

I'm one of the few fortunate people that can take my dog to work with me every day. She spends the day running around a 110,000 sqft bldg with me and the few people she likes. If I had to leave her in a kennel at home all day, there's no way I could keep up with her.
At the end of the day, even though she's on the lower end of the spectrum, she's still an asshole if she's not mentally and physically challenged every day.

I currently work (side job) a Border Collie and the Mal I posted up. The Border Collie will come to the jobsite with me and sleep in the truck; the Mal allows me exactly 4 mins unattended before he starts destroying everything in my truck. When the Border Collie is your calm, laid back dog, it says a lot about the other one.

Reactions: kindabitey
Hi,

LOL at bug eyes.... @bogeybrown

Most of those damn "things" seem to come down from a deep linebred Deux Pottois lineage, particularly the G'Vitou dogs.

With the right handler those things will go through hell and back.

With the wrong handler those things are just hell themselves.

KASOTC K9 program is based off that linebred lineage.

Sincerely,
Theis

There were many days when I'd been on the bite field all morning and one of those crazy things would come out and I'd call for a decoy-change. Everyone else would laugh and give the "no effin way" look" and tell me they'd come in after this dog.
Once I got to recognize the lineup of handlers waiting to come on the field I'd switch out a dog or two early and rehydrate on the sidelines and get my revenge.

Reactions: schmi015
There are still some good GSDs around. Mine acts more like a traditional Mal than my Mal does. They are both pipe hitters.
FB_IMG_1434679959383.jpg
FB_IMG_1427716299731-1.jpg
20170317_182754.jpg

Oh, and if you're looking at a Mal and he's got the full "smokey" black mask and crazy bug eyes, don't even consider it. Any of them can be nuts, but any time one of those bug-eyed bastards came on the bite field the decoy and all the trainers would instinctively say "aw shit, this is gonna be a handful"

I'm curious if any of the other working dog guys had the same experience with those bug-eyed Mals?
Bugged Eyed - Artie Fellman.jpg

Nothing wrong with my dog.

When I first got my Mal it bit a chunk out of the drivers side door panel. I can now feel comfortable leaving my dog inside or in the back of the truck for an hour unsupervised( could leave him longer, but not going to). Didn't take a whole lot of work. I also feel comfortable leaving him at home outside for up to 24 hours. It took some work to be able to go out hunting in the woods and have him stay home without following me. Obedience wise mine is amazing. Just looking now for the right way to get him going on bite work and searching the home from someone other than me.

Reactions: kindabitey
Hi,

Also FWIW..If you ever wanted to know why Mals are called Meat Missiles....just search for KNPV Highlights on Youtube. You will see dogs come in for a bite on fleeing subject and you will immediately understand where that name came from lol.

@bullseye13

In regards to your question about Ultimate K9. (DISCLAIMER--I have no first, second, third or any sort of information on them--except what is on their website) and I am very hard to please in regards to "Protection" K9s.

I would look somewhere else and I will try to explain in detail as to why. Just so it is not just because, lol.

Flag 1: Patrick McDonnell is the most recognized and accomplished Real Protection Dog Trainer in the world today.

Flag 2: Patrick is THE ONLY trainer who employs these types of enhanced training techniques that are required so that you will have a well trained pet as well as a trained guard dog.

Flag 3: Patrick is the only professional dog trainer that uses the dogs as the testament to the training, as Action - Not Words – is truly what matters from a personal protector.

Flag 4: He talks about Estate Protection Training and Dogs but he has multiple pics like this one below as to where the Estate Protection dog is engaging a subject that has not come onto the Estate Property. The subject is acting as if he is going to finish climbing the fix to get onto the property but IMO Estate Protection dogs should go into a "Down, Watch" and wait for subject to actually be on property. Also a dog that will go directly up to a fence is horrible for Estate Protection because it is so easy to jab them with a nail in broom handle and just wait 30min for dog to bleed out. Estate Protection dogs once again IMO should never go within 10 feet of property line.
1544304079747.png
What if that was your neighbor peeking over to ask you what Team you got for the ball game?

So here is a simple "Test" in regards to whether the trainer/kennel etc understand what a real Personal Protection dog is..IMO that is.
Ask them to provide you a video or pic of their protection dog and handler at an ATM. That picture will tell you everything about the protection mindset of the trainer/kennel NOT the dog.

Sincerely,
Theis

I bought my GSD when my son was a year old he goes everywhere that my son goes and will not let anyone or anything close to him when he is outside. I got him from a breeder that got his male and female from Germany and he gave me a family tree that goes back like 12 generations all of them trained to at least to level 2. He is the best dog that I have ever had and he is a straight asshat when the wife tries to get him to do something ?, but will mind me without hesitation though he will let me know he is not happy about it. He also is very energetic even at 8, he is a 110 lb baby with his boy the only problem is the breeder is no longer breeding his female

Last edited:
So not sure that there's a better spot to post this but... figured that given there was good interest in this thread and quite a bit of Mal knowledge here we go. A buddy in Katy, TX has two Mals and they had a litter of 9. He's going to need some help finding them homes. PM me for his contact info. You can discuss prices with him.

Attachments

• IMG_8479.JPG
    IMG_8479.JPG
    171.8 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_8481.JPG
    IMG_8481.JPG
    152.7 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_8480.JPG
    IMG_8480.JPG
    162 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Reactions: MarinePMI and KZP
I had a Malinois x German shepherd he was a beautiful dog but a liability, he started showing an interest in children and it scared the shit out of me.

He was a big bastard.
10448208_10201129770645096_4654508173567848348_n.jpg

Well it’s been damn near a year, and things fell into place more quickly than I had hoped. But I got this pain in my ass on 12/30. He will be a year soon. Intro for Mohawks Precision Gunner. It’s been a fast and awesome ride so far. Simply put the best dog I have ever owned. We will never been done training. Next big training is next weekend.
41547830-BD3C-42ED-89D5-52C52010C2B3.jpeg

Well it’s been damn near a year, and things fell into place more quickly than I had hoped. But I got this pain in my ass on 12/30. He will be a year soon. Intro for Mohawks Precision Gunner. It’s been a fast and awesome ride so far. Simply put the best dog I have ever owned. We will never been done training. Next big training is next weekend. View attachment 7171886
Great looking dog!

My grandfather had one when I was growing up. Very protective of me as a toddler but gentle as well. The dog was very loyal to the family and never growled or snapped at any of us even when taking things from him. Outsiders were another story. I saw him bite neighbors, the UPS man, and other people who knocked on the door when he wasn't restrained. Thankfully this was the days before lawsuits were done without a second thought or before the police really tracked incidents as Im sure the dog would have had to be moved out of NYC or put to sleep for those behaviors as they do now.

Congrats @neeltburn . Glad everything is working out for you.

Ironically, i just got back from MD yesterday. My club held the APPDA nationals on saturday. We had a few nice dogs in addition to my fellow club members that competed, and i saw a few shitters. The good news is, in APPDA, the handlers finally realize their dog is some shit too. APPDA is really relly tough to excel in and its designed to be that way. We hold a mirror to the handler and their dog so they can see where both stack up. It takes a special handler and even more, a special dog to title in our sport. Put it this way, there are 4 levels in APPDA. Entry level, level 1, 2, and 3. There are only a few level 2 dogs in the world and NO level 3 dogs in the world. That fact in and of itself speaks volumes.

one can only hope Conan pulled a big chunk of flesh off that terrorist asshole before the shitstain self detonated.

Of course, healing from the injury is going to be the easy part. I got $20 that says the dog develops a habitual asshole licking habit that will be hard as hell for the handlers to break him of. It’s not that the dog likes to lick is own ass....it’s that he’ll be trying to get the horrible taste of the shitbag terrorist goat fucker out of his mouth.

one can only hope Conan pulled a big chunk of flesh off that terrorist asshole before the shitstain self detonated.

Of course, healing from the injury is going to be the easy part. I got $20 that says the dog develops a habitual asshole licking habit that will be hard as hell for the handlers to break him of. It’s not that the dog likes to lick is own ass....it’s that he’ll be trying to get the horrible taste of the shitbag terrorist goat fucker out of his mouth.
Funny thing about Conan is that he wasn't named after the barbarian but Conan O'Brian.