• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Car stolen tonight! ugh

300WSM

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 29, 2004
WI
So I got a call from my wife "I'm standing here in the parking lot but my car is not here" she calls the parking lot. no record of it being towed. calls police waits in the cold for 30min for them to show up and do their paperwork. I gather up the kids and head out to pick her up (45min drive)

Called insurance company so they have it on record as well. Just liability on the car wasn't worth much money wise bust ultra reliable high gas mileage. So now we have to replace it...in short order...that really blows!

I mean what would someone need a 96 honda accord with 255k miles on it and all scratched up? (yeah...we have kids! )

But what I really worry about is...how often do the criminals who steal it go to the home of where it's from? Our garage door opener was in there and all our insurance info registration info. That's about it. Maybe identity theft?

Re: Car stolen tonight! ugh

change the code on your garage door, right now.

If it is one of those "rolling number" type units, then clear it/them out, and re-program it for only the remote(s) that you do have now.

Err on the safe side, as opposed to another "oops".

Otherwise, sorry to hear about this. Chances are, it was taken as a parts car, as opposed to anything else. That, or joyriding, but anyways. Others will probably have more to add to the theory.

Older cars are more valuable for their parts. So it will go to a chop shop. They go after older hondas and toyotas because the part are worth so much and the cars last so long. Good luck with everything. Also, take a look at the new fords. Ford is probably offering some kind of deal right now. Please stay away from Government Motors. Their IPO is going to market tomorrow and word has it that Chinesse government banks will be buying a lot of shares.

Jamie

Your car might turn up in a robbery as well. This does suck, and in case you are worried, disconnect the garage door opener post haste, then padlock.

Plus keep an eye out for someone casing your house/neighborhood, as you don't want to leave your house and the punks roll up and steal everything. How often does it happen? Sometimes, but not often, statistically speaking.

Sucks bro, really sucks....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300WSM</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> 96 honda accord </div></div>

That's one of most commonly stolen cars I think it's in the top 5 because they just strip it down and part it out to repair shops and ebay.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ubet</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why cant we just kill thieves? </div></div>

Cus it would hurt their feelings.

I dont think Ive seen a car thief go to the home in 22 years of cop work. Still, take the proper precautions. Most likely chop shop of robbery throw away vehicle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ubet</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why cant we just kill thieves? </div></div>

Actually, you can. As things are right now, you SHOULDN'T, but the more it were to happen, the more it would become "regular" or "commonplace" and even possibly, "expected".

Start the trend,,,

Won't be long, and they'll even have a sport about it, in the Olympics.

That's a rip, in WI of all places. Hopefully you will find the car when it runs low on gas(joy ride?).

I have a 98 Tahoe 2 door 4wd. It isn't worth a whole lot to the insurance company but it is to me. I have full coverage, a remote alarm with a kill switch built in, a gps tracking device installed, and a remote kill switch that is operated by computer.

If anyone steals it, I'm showing up to get it and I won't be nice!

I feel your pain bro, I had one car stolen twice and my wife's car stolen once.

The great part about the whole thing is my insurance continued to go up and couple of years after when my wife's car was stolen with different insurance company, they dropped me and I had to go to assigned risk pool.

So the scumbuckets cost me dearly. No Mercy!!!

Sorry to hear about the bad luck.
I had a nice 4WD truck stolen from a restaurant parking lot several years ago. It was paid for, but luckily I still had full coverage on it and the insurance paid off.

First question from the cop....."how much did you owe on it?"
It simply vanished. I'm sure it was chopped up and parted out.

That's a tough break man especially since it has been getting colder these last few nights (Sorry your wife had to stand out in it). I'll keep an eye out for it down here around Milwaukee for you. Don't forget to be thankful this Thanksgiving that no one was hurt or that they didn't just wait in your car for your wife to return. It sucks, but it could have been a lot worse.

parked in St. Paul MN downtown...same parking lot for the last 10yrs. Guess things are going down hill.

probably parted out by now. I should check ebay!

The Hondas from that era are stolen pretty commonly from what I hear. Car thieves especially love the Honda 4 cyls from around 95. That really sucks, but at least it was paid for and all that. Just go getcha another Honda and drive it for another 300k.

yeah got a 06' going to see if I can get 300k out of it.
smile.gif

Parts its all about the parts.. chop and sell its all profit
sorry for the loss.

don't you wish you could place a clamor under the seat every time you got out with a pressure sensitive switch on the seat...As long as your not forgetful.

Most vehicles out here end up in Mexico.

Had my Corvette stolen right out of the dealership while it was up on my rack IN THE AIR!
Guy was a real pro. Came in dressed as a transport driver, on a Friday at about 3:00. Must have figured it was a customers and drove it right out of the dealership. Needless to say I saw it drive out of the dealership and dialed 911.

Everyone at the dealership drove around looking for him. Well about 5 miles away I am driving around looking for my car and who just happens to be at a gas station with my car? This guy.

So there I am tearing across the street in a park ave that was a used car and pull a Hawaii 5-0 in front of the car. He jumps in as I am getting out. I am yelling at this point going after him. He locks the door and starts the car as I get to the drivers door yelling I am going to kill him and some other language not for children. I start punching at the window to try and break it to get at him and I am in a full unstoppable rage as people start to run from what is happening.

This guy backs up with my tires squealing and burning and he turns the back right into the mechanic at this station knocking him back 10 feet spinning in the air and lands on the ground. I am holding onto the rag top and start sliding off the top and holding onto the antenna still yelling at this guy at the top of my lungs.

No way I am going to be able to catch this guy as I have put a lot of time and effort into the car. It was a real runner.

I get on the phone at the gas station and call the police again and of course they don't know anything because it is now a different police dept. and at the time there is really no talk between the two like they do now.

Anyways this was during the time of HUGE car phones. So my next call is to this guy (I am calling my car phone) and thinking there is no way he is going to answer and WOW he picks up the phone. In as few words as possible I first tell him I now know what he looks like as it is burned into my memory. Next I told him things I was going to do to him, his mom and dad, his siblings, his neighbors, his friends etc. and that I won't stop until the end of time if there is even a single scratch on my car. He says he can't get caught and hangs up.

About 15 minutes later a cop just happened to be behind this guy and run my plates just as he gunned it on the highway. So the chase is on. The local P.D. and Sheriffs dept. chased him and called it off due to speed and safety no less then 5 times. Dang it if ASTREA was about 20 miles away at the time.

Figured I would never see it again unless it was box at a time at a swap meet. I offered a steak dinner for two to the officer that found my car.

Well 3 days later it was found under an old car cover still in show shape except for my Goodyear eagles worn down to nothing.

I never want to every be that mad again. It made me re-evaluate my life a little and understand or at least think about how out of control I was. If I had just drove up calm and cool and walked up to him and asked for a dime or something I could have knocked him out cold, and had my car back and this guy in jail after he woke up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300WSM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">parked in St. Paul MN downtown...same parking lot for the last 10yrs. Guess things are going down hill.

probably parted out by now. I should check ebay! </div></div>

300WSM, the thieves are going to get a huge laugh when they search the trunk of the car and find your tactical Fleshlight.

96 honda accord with 235k ?

They use those for parts or to sell in a foreign country.

95/96 is a heavy year for stolen - the parts, fenders etc...

Sorry to hear about that!

Sorry to hear about your loss. Getting a car stolen sucks payed for
or not.

my tacticool sniperhide blow up doll. ;-)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300WSM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">parked in St. Paul MN downtown...same parking lot for the last 10yrs. Guess things are going down hill.

probably parted out by now. I should check ebay! </div></div>

300WSM, the thieves are going to get a huge laugh when they search the trunk of the car and find your tactical Fleshlight. </div></div>

wow

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Mechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Most vehicles out here end up in Mexico.

Had my Corvette stolen right out of the dealership while it was up on my rack IN THE AIR!
Guy was a real pro. Came in dressed as a transport driver, on a Friday at about 3:00. Must have figured it was a customers and drove it right out of the dealership. Needless to say I saw it drive out of the dealership and dialed 911.

Everyone at the dealership drove around looking for him. Well about 5 miles away I am driving around looking for my car and who just happens to be at a gas station with my car? This guy.

So there I am tearing across the street in a park ave that was a used car and pull a Hawaii 5-0 in front of the car. He jumps in as I am getting out. I am yelling at this point going after him. He locks the door and starts the car as I get to the drivers door yelling I am going to kill him and some other language not for children. I start punching at the window to try and break it to get at him and I am in a full unstoppable rage as people start to run from what is happening.

This guy backs up with my tires squealing and burning and he turns the back right into the mechanic at this station knocking him back 10 feet spinning in the air and lands on the ground. I am holding onto the rag top and start sliding off the top and holding onto the antenna still yelling at this guy at the top of my lungs.

No way I am going to be able to catch this guy as I have put a lot of time and effort into the car. It was a real runner.

I get on the phone at the gas station and call the police again and of course they don't know anything because it is now a different police dept. and at the time there is really no talk between the two like they do now.

Anyways this was during the time of HUGE car phones. So my next call is to this guy (I am calling my car phone) and thinking there is no way he is going to answer and WOW he picks up the phone. In as few words as possible I first tell him I now know what he looks like as it is burned into my memory. Next I told him things I was going to do to him, his mom and dad, his siblings, his neighbors, his friends etc. and that I won't stop until the end of time if there is even a single scratch on my car. He says he can't get caught and hangs up.

About 15 minutes later a cop just happened to be behind this guy and run my plates just as he gunned it on the highway. So the chase is on. The local P.D. and Sheriffs dept. chased him and called it off due to speed and safety no less then 5 times. Dang it if ASTREA was about 20 miles away at the time.

Figured I would never see it again unless it was box at a time at a swap meet. I offered a steak dinner for two to the officer that found my car.

Well 3 days later it was found under an old car cover still in show shape except for my Goodyear eagles worn down to nothing.

I never want to every be that mad again. It made me re-evaluate my life a little and understand or at least think about how out of control I was. If I had just drove up calm and cool and walked up to him and asked for a dime or something I could have knocked him out cold, and had my car back and this guy in jail after he woke up. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300WSM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So I got a call from my wife "I'm standing here in the parking lot but my car is not here" she calls the parking lot. no record of it being towed. calls police waits in the cold for 30min for them to show up and do their paperwork. I gather up the kids and head out to pick her up (45min drive)

Called insurance company so they have it on record as well. Just liability on the car wasn't worth much money wise bust ultra reliable high gas mileage. So now we have to replace it...in short order...that really blows!

I mean what would someone need a 96 honda accord with 255k miles on it and all scratched up? (yeah...we have kids! )

But what I really worry about is...how often do the criminals who steal it go to the home of where it's from? Our garage door opener was in there and all our insurance info registration info. That's about it. Maybe identity theft? </div></div>
Sorry to hear about your theft.Been there way too many times,two trucks,one car ,one car jack at gunpoint....sucks there's people other that think they have the right to help themselves to other peoples property. I still keep getting broken into my Gmc truck at the gym,at home . These people keep stealing my factory stock center caps and popping the door lock.Pisses me off....

That sucks!!!

I know that some people will say that it's an inconvienence to have to got to the post office to get your mail but having a PO Box is the way to go! You have a mailing address rather than a physical on stuff sent to you. Unless you shred every piece of mail including junk mail you risk identity theft and home burglaries. Lose your wallet or purse with your ID in it and they have your physical address, not the case with a PO box. Less chance of your mail falling into a thief's hands with a PO Box. So until we can implement anti-theft devices like these:

http://www.stickdeath.com/2002auto.html

http://www.stickdeath.com/2004auto.html

We will just have to work on prevention in other ways!

jcfd... I most definitely am an advocate for StickDeath products. Need a distributor in Canada? Look me up. Group rates?

Welcome back to the United States for me...just got home to find that some MF'ers raped my vehicle's innards and damaged one of my doors
mad.gif

iPod, Subs, Amp, GPS, Radar Detector, all my charging cables, Aid bag slam-packed with goodies, Tools, my not-so-lucky ballcap & a bunch of Glock & 1911 mags I had in my driverside door.

Why doesn't this shit ever happen when I AM HOME
mad.gif

I'd notify your neighbors in case they come around, they wouldn't think of anythign if they say that car at your house if it was yours but if they know it was stolen they can watch for it a know something is up.

Thief One: "Hey Bro, just think, if he leaves this fancy 1996 Accord with 260k on the street--can you imagine what he must have at home!"

Thief Two: "You ain't kidding!! I found two half-eaten happy meals under the seat! This is one RICH m'f'er!! Probably got two Bentleys in the garage!!"

smile.gif

Two of my cars were stolen:

1st was my 1995 acura integra that was stolen on my 18th birthday

2nd was my 2000 pontiac trans am ws6 was stolen out of my driveway.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300WSM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

But what I really worry about is...how often do the criminals who steal it go to the home of where it's from? Our garage door opener was in there and all our insurance info registration info. That's about it. Maybe identity theft? </div></div>

They went through my car and neighborhood last week. I couldn't find anything gone. LE said they were looking for garage door openers. They open and get the code and then use a generic one. And clean you out without breaking in couple weeks later.