• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

carbon fiber stocks from evil empire

atek3 - factory resin stock is around 1200-1300 grams. Tactical stock is 1150. but you'll get a bit more :) stiffer stock with adjustable cheekpiece.
bhoges - there is no problem make it lefthand
Sig33 - 50/50. IF we'll have action at hand - we'll be adble to embend in inside our stock. but to move action around borders is "mission impossible"

VTB,

Could you make one for a Blaser Tac 2? They are mag fed so it is a different setup than a regular R93.

Thanks,

Sig

I will second the VTB said. I am talking to them about making an R8 stock. The fact is I would need to have them build a stock and ship to to me without the recover in it. And then make arraignments to have my own R8 dropped in.

I am curious, I also have a Tac 2. What configurations would you want them to do that is not on the Tac 2 stock? The reason I ask is I am wanting them to make my R8 to be MORE like my Tac 2! ;-)

TTR

Blaser R93 with KMW hardware (client insisted on it)

20140316_180918_zpser4ycuf9.jpg

20140316_180923_zpsytdlbynb.jpg

20140316_1809530_zpsmhjilvnx.jpg

20140316_180959_zpskojgrku7.jpg

20140316_181046_zps9mzmsb09.jpg

20140316_181115_zpsgz0yysjs.jpg

20140316_181134_zpszbbmify6.jpg

Is there a way I could contact you. I tried to send you a PM but it wouldn't let me through mobile. Interested in distribution and have a few questions. Thanks!

Has anyone had one sent to Canada yet? I wonder if the outcome would be the same, or if it would end up problematic.

Can you do an adjustable cheek on the hunting stock and will the hunting stock take a barrel that is 1.2 inches in diameter (Carbon Fiber proof research)

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

VTB,

Would you be interested in making light varmint/heavy varmint benchrest stocks?

Example:
McMillan Benchrest Stocks, McMillan Benchrest Series Stocks, McMillan Fiberglass Stocks, Synthetic Stocks

If there is a need and you'll provide the specs.

But let's be honest: we won't be able to make something overhemeting lighter than 20 oz and price for our stock in the US will be twice than mcmillan - why anyone will buy it?
At the same time need for this type of stock in Russia is close to 0.

Can you do an adjustable cheek on the hunting stock and will the hunting stock take a barrel that is 1.2 inches in diameter (Carbon Fiber proof research)

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Hello. Current hunting stock was developed with no adjustable cheekpiece in mind. Adding adjustable cheekpiece to existing construction will add around 400 gramms of weight and it'll kill the idea of the light stock.
However if there is a need at snipershide for lightweight cool hunting stock with adjustable cheekpiece - we can develop it together (call it Snipershide carbon hunting stock)

to make it happen we'll need specs:
1. weight
2. forend profile
3. pistol grip area profile
4. bottom of the rear-end profile

We can model it, than CNC molds for it and after that make 10 stocks for Snipershide members (smthg like group buy - but i'll call it group make)

We can even make the Transformer stock - i.e it'll have only static action area and different foreends, back-ends could be attached.
It' ll be like chassis but from carbon with classic stocks forms.

Last edited:
If there is a need and you'll provide the specs.

But let's be honest: we won't be able to make something overhemeting lighter than 20 oz and price for our stock in the US will be twice than mcmillan - why anyone will buy it?
At the same time need for this type of stock in Russia is close to 0.

The only player in this game right now is Scoville.
Gun Stocks - Best Stocks for Prone, Benchrest and long-range 6mm, 6ppc, 6mm BR Norma, 6BR, 6.5-284, .308, 600 and 1000 yard varmint & competition guns. Photos, prices, bedding tips, and stock maker (McMillan, Kelbly, Shehane) info.
This is an old article when they were listed at $800. Today the wait time is well over one year, if you can get a hold of him, and the price is excess of $1000.
PPC with Pedigree

Weight is always a concern in benchrest, every ounce counts. In regards to demand, you have a great point. I don't think the market is more than 50-100 stocks annually.

TireMan, hello
Here is the BR stock model we already have:
ks.21_zpsbwr1j2lr.jpg

We can make molds for it but questions are:
1. We cook action channel area as monocoque. So for rem700 action channel is just plane cylinder 35mm in diameter. We can make different inlets to fit different action diameters. So the question is - which diameters of actions we should make to fill the US market?
2. Which barrel channel diameter should we make? Would 35mm be enough?
3. What weight should the stock be?
4. Should we cook triggerguard from carbon together with the stock?

TireMan, hello
Here is the BR stock model we already have:
ks.21_zpsbwr1j2lr.jpg

We can make molds for it but questions are:
1. We cook action channel area as monocoque. So for rem700 action channel is just plane cylinder 35mm in diameter. We can make different inlets to fit different action diameters. So the question is - which diameters of actions we should make to fill the US market? This would not be for a Remington 700 action. Almost exclusively for BAT and Kelby actions, with a few other varieties. 1.5" wide, and 1.720" tall actions. BAT BR actions run 1.350" (34.29 mm) round
2. Which barrel channel diameter should we make? Would 35mm be enough? The barrel would be 1.25" (31mm) Heavy Varmint or 1.20" Light Varmint tapering down to .900 and .875 respectively. I think your 35mm would work.
3. What weight should the stock be? Under 22oz (623 grams) is ideal. Under 400 grams would change the game tremendously. If this is possible...please let me know.
4. Should we cook triggerguard from carbon together with the stock?
Trigger Guard not necessary.

VTB,

My apologies for the late reply. Thank you! I will get working on this.
Also very interested in the immediate future, and F-Class (OPEN) stock!!!

Last edited:
These stocks and the work looks amazing. Any setup for a savage short action with bottom bolt release and detachable mag?

Also are you still looking for a us distributor? If so what is a good email to get in touch with you?

vtb, where are you with the mr556? (Sorry I know this is the bolt section:))

How much for tikka t3 ? I have a tikka ctr on order right now?

Fresh pics - Tikka T3 with SA DBM for AICS mags.

Pillars installed,
3 studs
13,5" LOP
weight (without DBM): 820 grams / 29 oz

20130512_182402_zpsa6ac4231.jpg

20130512_182341_zps57ea5366.jpg

20130512_182422_zps480e13ba.jpg

20130512_182439_zps2fb59d06.jpg

test fitting it on 6,5x55 tikka T3 super varmint (will be used with stock DBM for LA mags)
20130512_160531_zpsc143910c.jpg

20130512_160433_zpsec378241.jpg

20130512_160556_zps56a34211.jpg

20130512_160713_zpsc89ce5a7.jpg

vtb, where are you with the mr556? (Sorry I know this is the bolt section:))

3D printed model of MR762 rail

Model of 14" MR556 rail:

Currently we're making press-forms for extrusion of T6061 profile which will be CNC'd to become rail

Can you make a hand guard for Hk 416 in 10.5" and 14.5"? Really interested on this. Please let me know or PM me. Thanks in advance.

Hello guys.

With deep regret i should announce that i'm personally won't do any carbon stocks anymore.
The reason for it our production partners raised the price for materials and labor cost and inbound cost for 1 stock is around 1200Eur (almost $1550). It means that sales price (incl. trigger guard and shipment) can't be cheaper than +15%, i.e. $1800.
Which moves it out of the reasonable price range for any shooter.

I want to thank you all for the warm words you said during the life of the project and that moral support you've provided.
Thank you, Guys. When i hear your warm words it means that we're doing right thing.

Anyway we, as a company, we'll stay on the SH and will concentrate on the CNC'd handguards for HK MR series of rifles.

Hello guys.

With deep regret i should announce that i'm personally won't do any carbon stocks anymore.
The reason for it our production partners raised the price for materials and labor cost and inbound cost for 1 stock is around 1200Eur (almost $1550). It means that sales price (incl. trigger guard and shipment) can't be cheaper than +15%, i.e. $1800.
Which moves it out of the reasonable price range for any shooter.

I want to thank you all for the warm words you said during the life of the project and that moral support you've provided.
Thank you, Guys. When i hear your warm words it means that we're doing right thing.

Anyway we, as a company, we'll stay on the SH and will concentrate on the CNC'd handguards for HK MR series of rifles.
Well that sucks! Hunting for a new vendor???????

Yes and No.

I mean for us to cut costs dramatically down it means to build all new technological route from scratch.
It should make shells in one place , fill them and CNC inlets near the customers.

Unfortunately there is no Euro\US vendor who's capable to make 500 carbon fiber shells in one batch and still keep costs down (and those who do - they already making stocks)
This is due technology for mass production of carbon fiber stocks = technology of mass production of carbon fiber mountain bikes. And almost all of the bikes are made in Asia\China (i mean it's carbon force elements).
And though we're developing connections in Asia for these type of products it'll take time.

Meanwhile i think it's possible to build lightweight aluminium chassis for the rifles (eberlestock is an example) - and we'll concentrate on this task.

fiberglass stocks which made with "cold" technology (like mcmillan) dont require these type of equipment, and could be made in you garage (if you have the original mcmillan stock for example).
Actually since there are 3D printers out there - anyone can model plastic molds for their exact stock, print them and make fiberglass stock in their garage. you don't even have to mess with making molds based on existing stock.

But when you make fiberglass stocks with "hot" technology - you'll save just 20% of material cost (difference between carbon and fiberglass) - and it's just waterdrop inside the waterfall. The main costs are the labor and the molds depreciation.

VTB,
I am new to SniperHide. I joined yesterday. I just found this thread and read all the way through it with high anticipation of one day maybe owning one of your beautiful stocks. When I got to this last page, and saw that you will no longer be making them, my heart sank. I wish you luck in the future in getting production of your stocks up and going again. I will continue to check in to see if there is any progress in your search for a new materials supplier. Meanwhile, I'll keep an eye on other products you offer. Good luck to you.

SH

I have friends that entered the carbon fiber mountain bike rim business with Chinese factories, they used the locals to make the molds. If you took your molds to China you'd be in business within 12 months with easy access to Euro and North American markets.

Hello guys.

Val,

Sorry to hear this. I am new to the stock manufacturing world as well, I know what it takes to make "hot molds" for cooking prepreg carbon fiber, it is a fairly expensive process. It looks like you have a lot of great ideas and I wish you success

I have friends that entered the carbon fiber mountain bike rim business with Chinese factories, they used the locals to make the molds. If you took your molds to China you'd be in business within 12 months with easy access to Euro and North American markets.
Unfortunately making firearm parts and components in china is heavily regulated, and illegal to make unless you have permission from the government, or know people that can already do this because they have obtained permission already. You need to have good connections. :)