• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Carbon Six barrels?

Is this the same guarantee Mcgowen offers?

I spend months testing several types of hand loads, factory ammo, scopes, mounts, stocks etc... to verify a bad barrel. I call to discuss the issue and explain all the things I have tried along with all the time and money spent testing. The gunsmith admits he has seen this before and it is the barrel, but I need to talk to Dan the manager. Call the next business day and Dan rudely interrupts me saying over and over again "it the ammo or the shooter" and won't listen to a thing I had to say, even after their gunsmith agreed it was a bad barrel.

How do you handle warranty claims?????

Do you guys accept Mcgowen barrels for trade in? Cause I got a couple collecting dust.... I'll trade you 2 for one on a carbon barrel!

Reactions: Brent Parker
Are Tikka shoulderless barrels and Ruger Americans the same? I have seen the barrel nuts advertised to fit both. I'd assume the bolt is different thus having a different barrel setup even though the action threads are the same size.

I sent in an email asking
I see that you in the prefits that have the Remage option and the Remington 700 as a two separate things.
I assume since the Remage is obviously cut for a barrel nut that the Remington 700 is just chambered and threaded but still needs the shoulder to be correctly cut?

So if thats the case then are the Howa and Tikka prefits required to have the shoulder cut for correct installation? Or are they more "howage" and "tikage" with barrel nuts for proper assembly?
And if so do you supply a barrel nut cut for those thread patters?

And any thoughts on making the barrel nut version of a ruger american?

The response:
"We only offer the Savage and Remage with barrel nuts. We cut all shouldered barrels to factory specs. If you have action work done or a larger recoil lug then adjustments will need to be made to the barrel. If you have an action that you plan on having trued then we recommend going with a contoured blank so the barrel can be cut to the correct specs by another shop."

So anything beyond a savage and remage is a shouldered barrel.

Are Tikka shoulderless barrels and Ruger Americans the same? I have seen the barrel nuts advertised to fit both. I'd assume the bolt is different thus having a different barrel setup even though the action threads are the same size.
So the tikka and howa are shouldered, they dont offer a ruger american prefit.

I can sort of believe that the tikkas are consistent enough for shouldered barrels after all Ive read on here about not needing to be trued. I guess the .004-.008 margin between go and no go length gives them enough of a buffer to do so if they stick it right in the middle of that range.

I hadnt read that on the howa however or any of their other options. Not sure how they can know these actions will be good enough, it goes against everything Ive ever been taught.

1544827733540.png

Last edited:
You haven't had any issues shouldering barrels for tikka actions without having the action in hand? I am just curious as I have never heard of this for a Tikka action before.

I've heard this for many years... Yet somehow i've done it a half dozen times with excellent results. Luckily people keep this fear alive and barrels go for fairly cheap in the for sale section and I've gotten some great deals.

I just received a C6 Tikka T3 pre-fit barrel in the featherweight contour chambered for 6.5 Creedmoor. It took 9 Weeks including Thanksgiving. Installed the barrel last night and headspace was spot on. Just waiting on manners who quoted 2 weeks on an in stock (its been 2 months). Will report back how it shoots.

Four weeks down, roughly six more weeks to go...kind of curious how this barrel will perform.

Damn, I ordered on 11/26 and was told 4 months! I guess you were told something different. Wonder how long it will really be....

I think they quote 4 months, but typically it's been 2.5 for most (from what I have seen). We'll see I guess... (mainly just wanted to bump this thread to get some other feedback, if any).

Then again, with Christmas and SHOT show...it may very well end up being 4 months.

Called today to check on my 45P barrel order placed on 11/12. They said they’re still waiting on the blank from McGowen

I used Carbon Six barrel on my last build which was a .260 Rem and it shoots well. After getting my barreled action back, I had to send it to Kampfeld Customs to have the muzzle brake timing corrected. My experience with them wasn't perfect but I would use them again, especially since I am looking to do a 450 Bushmaster build next.

I have one on order. Proof wouldn’t make me a 45 pistol barrel so I could do a 450 Bushmaster build for Ohio deer hunting. CarbonSix was very acommodating.

They use McGowen blanks, so I’d expect them to shoot just like a McGowen. I’m not expecting 1/4 MOA, as it’s a gun for under 200 yd shots and I don’t know how inherently accurate a 450 BM is to begin with. If it shoots under 1 MOA I’ll be pleased. I think they guarantee 1/2 MOA, though.

So while I can’t really help, they were accommodating and great to talk to and seemed eager to help me out. Can’t say the same with Proof and I wanted to use them because I have two other barrels of theirs.

What kind of action are you gonna use with the carbon fiber barrel for the 450 BM?

Reactions: dymailbox
I think they quote 4 months, but typically it's been 2.5 for most (from what I have seen). We'll see I guess... (mainly just wanted to bump this thread to get some other feedback, if any).

Then again, with Christmas and SHOT show...it may very well end up being 4 months.

10 weeks would be outstanding. Maybe I only have 4 weeks to go!

I have taken a take-off Tikka barrel and screwed it into another receiver without any issue. Turned my wife's .270 into a .260 since I load alot for my .260. both shoot the same ammo phenomenal.

Reactions: 260284 and bkw1911
Waiting on a 450 barrel from Carbon Six almost at the two month mark . Have stock and rem action ready.....

For your 450 BM barrel, what twist rate, barrel length and contour did you select?

On mine, I did 17” and I’m gonna finish it at 16. 1/16 twist, but I wish I’d have went 1/24 as I’m gonna shoot the Cutting Edge 160gr Raptors. They would only do a Bull contour with the 450

I ordered 16 twist finished at 24 " and as WVHick said they only do bull similar to the MTU contour . Not sure what action and stock yet but will post when its mounted.

I ordered 16 twist finished at 24 " and as WVHick said they only do bull similar to the MTU contour . Not sure what action and stock yet but will post when its mounted.

Post pics when your build is done. I think we will be one of the very few with a carbon barrel 450. Christensen Arms makes one but I’ve never been a fan of their stuff

I built a Shilen DGR 243 win with their barrel and was really happy with the groups. It's a relatively basic yotee, pdog, antelope rifle, but I'm content with it. I'm currently building a Stiller tac30 right now with a 204 ruger barrel from Carbon 6. I ordered a bigger/custom contour in mid August, was told to send in my action 2 months later since the blank came in and I'm still waiting. At the time I was quoted 4.5 months so we're not too far off yet. When I called to inquire they said the barrel they received didn't meet standards or gauging, but I'm thinking things just got busy. I'm about ready to hammer some yotes so it'd be nice to get the barreled action soon, but if not the 243 is going to have to work again this winter.

If a person is wondering if they're worth buying, I say yes. I figured that the weight savings and cost vs a fluted barrel are about the same. I like the looks and like a I said earlier, my first barrel grouped pretty swell so I'm gonna keep building with them until things change.

Last edited:
My Nucleus long action is finally arriving so now I'm prepping to order a CarbonSix bull barrel in 300WM. Just need to decide on length and twist. Thinking 22" and 9-twist. After that I'm going to buildout a T3 wth mini chassis as soon as Manners offers the 2019 Group Buy.

Can someone post pics of their setup on a tikka.

Headspace was perfect. This was a coworkers I helped him put together. I haven’t got to shoot it yet, but he was shooting 1/2” groups with the 140eld factory stuff. We’re going to load some 143s for it.

This was a 23” featherweight 6.5 creed.

Attachments

• 65C2DFFD-B02C-4C3D-A818-675E8B2634A6.jpeg
    65C2DFFD-B02C-4C3D-A818-675E8B2634A6.jpeg
    449.6 KB · Views: 318
Got an email today that says mine will ship tomorrow. 18” 6mm in magnum contour. It’s going to Straightjacket Armory to be chambered in 6mm CM and spun on my bighorn origin. It will then reside in a the MCS-CS I received on Tuesday. Took a bit longer for Manners to get me the stock as they said it was the first left hand origin they had inlet for and it took some time to get programming right. I’ll post up when I get it all together and get some results.

Attachments

• 5CA37201-AF72-4531-961A-C5E0ADD13108.jpeg
    5CA37201-AF72-4531-961A-C5E0ADD13108.jpeg
    416.5 KB · Views: 160
Not yet (should be any day now), hence my curiosity about your order date. Glad to hear everything just dropped right in.

ETA: It's been about 10 weeks since I ordered.

Last edited:
Looks like they are running at about 12 to 13 weeks....
I'm at 9 weeks....

Carbon 6 is a fantastic company a few guys around here are running them and they are awesome! I had issues with a 6cm I ordered from them wouldn’t group correctly, wasn’t terrible but wasn’t what it should of been, Gene and the guys at C6 were so awesome to deal with sent complete rifle in and they inspected and couldnt find anything wrong, but regardless cut a new barrel. That was the only barrel we around this area have had issues with and it couldn’t have been dealt with better.
I will be purchasing more from these guys!

My 24 inch feather weight barrel chambered in 7mm rem mag with 5/8 muzzle thread weight 2.78 lbs. Its going to be a few weeks before I can get barrel in an action. Just came down with the crud and am on 10 days of antibiotics

I ordered on 11/26/18, got shipping notice on 2/21/19 and it is scheduled to hit the smith’s door on 2/27/19.
13 weeks 2 days

Hmmm...must be getting close for me. I ordered 12/10/18...

Up here in Canada it took about 20 weeks (we were told 8-12) to get my C6 barrel in, savage shank, 6.5x284 norma. Worth the wait though. I have it mounted on a regular savage action/MDT ESS and with my hand loads it will do 1/4 MOA all day long if I do my part. I can put anyone behind the rifle and have them hitting targets no problem. Amazing barrel I'm super happy with the results I'm getting from it.

Im in at about 10 weeks on a rem700 remage CF build of theirs. Convo has been great with them, eager to see what they produce.

Reactions: CarbonSix
Not sure lol. They’ve been nothing but pleasant to deal with on the phone though. They also quoted me 4 months when I ordered and delivered in 3.5

Reactions: MarinePMI
Is this the same guarantee Mcgowen offers?

I spend months testing several types of hand loads, factory ammo, scopes, mounts, stocks etc... to verify a bad barrel. I call to discuss the issue and explain all the things I have tried along with all the time and money spent testing. The gunsmith admits he has seen this before and it is the barrel, but I need to talk to Dan the manager. Call the next business day and Dan rudely interrupts me saying over and over again "it the ammo or the shooter" and won't listen to a thing I had to say, even after their gunsmith agreed it was a bad barrel.

How do you handle warranty ?

I would appreciate if carbon six would reply to this and answer these questions as I have not had the best luck with mcgowen barrels either but am looking to try a carbon .

Good morning from south Louisiana. We aren't on the forums as much as we would like to be because y'all have us BUSY!!! It is amazing the support that has been shown to us and the growth is great. We appreciate everyone of y'all and if y'all have any questions please email or call (it's easier than sorting thru forums). [email protected] 844-883-9493.

As far as lead times go... We are at an estimated 3.5-4 months right now. We thought we would be able to get that down to 6 weeks until November hit, then December, and it hasn't slowed down! So please bare with us as we are working thru some crazy volume. We are making some moves that will help speed things up but that takes time. In the end we would rather you be annoyed because of a few extra week ship date vs having to remake your barrel because we put speed over quality.

Again Thank y'all so much for the support!

Gene
Director of Sales