• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Carbon Six barrels?

We guarantee 1/2" minute or better accuracy with proper barrel installation and load development. If there is an issue we will require the barrel/barreled action be sent to us for inspection. If there is an issue on our end we will handle it quickly at no cost to you. We only use McGowen blanks, that go thru a special process proprietary to our needs, that we put thru several QC steps before they even hit our shop floor. Feel free to give us a call at 844-833-9493

Headspace was perfect. This was a coworkers I helped him put together. I haven’t got to shoot it yet, but he was shooting 1/2” groups with the 140eld factory stuff. We’re going to load some 143s for it.

This was a 23” featherweight 6.5 creed.

what stock is that?

I've only been around two of Christensen's Carbons. Both were adapted to Model 70 Winchesters, a 300 Win Mag and a 7mm Rem Mag.

1. Both guns shot sub MOA angles where before they were terrible (hence the barrel changes)
  2. Shaved gun weight noticably
  3. Ugly (but I used to think synthetic stocks were ugly, too, and I got over it)

Also, if there is a thread up where we are mentioned, feel free to tag us. Good or bad! if there is bad we would like a chance to address whatever the issue might be. If it's good then why not enjoy with them.
Do you guys plan on making custom LR308 barrels?
Ooh I'd love me a 28" 6.5 CM barrel for my Xanthos...

I ordered up one of these tonight. 17” 6.5CM, Sendero profile shouldered prefit for a Tikka. Got high hopes...!

The ability to pay 50% up front and 50% later was a also a nice selling point to me.

Reactions: AlwineArcher
450 blank arrived. I chambered it, had it cerakoted, and this is the result. 450 Bushmaster for Ohio whitetail.

I expect it to shoot great when we do get to shoot it.

Attachments

• 1E723E0C-C30C-4FD3-842E-B25F1A701292.jpeg
    1E723E0C-C30C-4FD3-842E-B25F1A701292.jpeg
    458 KB · Views: 631
450 blank arrived. I chambered it, had it cerakoted, and this is the result. 450 Bushmaster for Ohio whitetail.

Wow ! Great looking boom stick brother !

Reactions: WVHick
Well, got my Carbon Six barrel a couple of weeks ago (shouldered pre-fit for Tikka in 6.5 CM).

Finally got around to spinning it onto an action, and have to say, it went on with a hitch, and headspaced fine.

Hopefully, I'll get to shoot it later this weekend (if I have time to load up some ammo for it).

Overall, I was pleased with the fit, and look forward to seeing what kind of accuracy I can get out of it.

Well, got my Carbon Six barrel a couple of weeks ago (shouldered pre-fit for Tikka in 6.5 CM).

Finally got around to spinning it onto an action, and have to say, it went on with a hitch, and headspaced fine.

Hopefully, I'll get to shoot it later this weekend (if I have time to load up some ammo for it).

Overall, I was pleased with the fit, and look forward to seeing what kind of accuracy I can get out of it.

How long was your wait? I’m 5 weeks in, and sure I’ve got a ways to go yet.

Looking forward to hearing how this shoots!

Got my PRC put together last week and went to the range yesterday with some factory 147's.
It shows promise and hopefully it'll get better after a few more boxes down the pipe.
Didn't chrono so maybe next time I'll get some numbers to show.
Head spacing was right on the money.
It took exactly 15 weeks to get it....

IMG_0721.JPG
100-1.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Oldbugr and 260284
How long was your wait? I’m 5 weeks in, and sure I’ve got a ways to go yet.

Looking forward to hearing how this shoots!

I wanna say I was around 12 weeks, maybe a couple more. I ordered on Dec 10, and got it a few weeks ago. Life has just been getting in the way to have time to screw it into the candidate action.

I wanna say I was around 12 weeks, maybe a couple more. I ordered on Dec 10, and got it a few weeks ago. Life has just been getting in the way to have time to screw it into the candidate action.

I ordered one on January 13th and am patiently awaiting it any day now... Although my major buzzkill is that my McMillan stock for this gun probably won’t be done til July/August

So does anyone have a high round count or has anyone shot out one of their C6 barrels? I am curious about durability.

Got my PRC put together last week and went to the range yesterday with some factory 147's.
It shows promise and hopefully it'll get better after a few more boxes down the pipe.
It took exactly 15 weeks to get it..
View attachment 7065725
100 yrds
View attachment 7066749
200 yrds
View attachment 7066751

What contour is that barrel, and what is your total weight?

Got a 280 Ackley Tikka pre-fit. Headspace was perfect. Chamber machining was excellent and the barrel lands and grooves were very smooth. Only thing out of tolerance was the barrel end was supposed to be .900 and came in at .860. Not a big deal, but had to turn the brake down as I had ordered it at .900. Working up loads with a new bullet (Hammer Hunter) and found the two loads below to be the most consistent. Overall pleased with the barrel for the price I paid.

20190610_084140.jpg

It took exactly 15 weeks to get it..
View attachment 7065725
100 yrds
What contour is that??

Nice build, I was considering a similar build for here in Michigan. What is the breakdown on that build..Scope, action, etc?

First time at the range with my new 7mm rem mag carbon 6 feather lite barrel I threaded onto my tikka action. Shooting in the tikka factory stock with MT bottom metal. Only 25 rounds so far. It looks very promising. I'm going to load up some more with a plan of seeing how fast I can go until I get pressure signs. I am very pleased with the carbon 6 tikka prefit quality. Headspace was perfect. Chamber, bore, and finish look great.

Reactions: 260284
Any new accuracy reports for these?

Debating between a carbon 6 barrel and a proof research for my tikka. I will be doing a 223ai and proof doesn’t offer a prefit in that caliber.

Pretty sure you can buy a standard 223 and ream it to a 223ai without changing anything on your headspace with a qualified smith. As far as accuracy I have two 223 barrels from proof and Both shoot very well but I am more impressed with my 6mm creedmoor and I just put my 7mm rem mag together with a C6 called them told them I wanted a barrel cut for an un true’d Remington 700 action and they sent it to me the headspace is absolutely perfect and it is a Tack Driver!!! Laying down 195 grain Berger’s. For a fast put together rifle the proofs are great because people stock them but if you have a little time I would choose carbon 6.

Last edited:
I have a 243 Win, 24" CarbonSix barrel on my antelope rifle. It shoots amazingly. During my load development I had no groups larger than .8 MOA with any load at 2.975 COAL running A-Tips with H4350. I settled on a 2957fps load shooting a .29 MOA group. Can't recommend them enough.

Pretty sure you can buy a standard 223 and ream it to a 223ai without changing anything on your headspace with a qualified smith. As far as accuracy I have two 223 barrels from proof and Both shoot very well but I am more impressed with my 6mm creedmoor and I just put my 7mm rem mag together with a C6 called them told them I wanted a barrel cut for an un true’d Remington 700 action and they sent it to me the headspace is absolutely perfect and it is a Tack Driver!!! Laying down 195 grain Berger’s. For a fast put together rifle the proofs are great because people stock them but if you have a little time I would choose carbon 6.
I thought about going that route but figured I may as well just buy a blank at that point. Good to hear about the C6 though, I have no problem waiting a little while just want to get the most accurate of the two for the money.

Not a good idea, it needs to be set back.

I have a C6 barrel on my Tikka hunting rig in 6.5CM. It's easily 1/2 MOA, even with a can hanging off the end.

Reactions: Luke G
I bought a Tikka shouldered prefit 24" 6.5 PRC 1-8 from Gene and no complaints from me.

At around 120 rounds my barrel sped up almost 100 fps with the factory 143 ELDX
IMG_0512a.JPG

IMG_0721AB.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: 260284 and Luke G
I have one coming for a 6BR build. I’ll report back when it gets finished.

Reactions: Luke G
Any new accuracy reports for these?

Debating between a carbon 6 barrel and a proof research for my tikka. I will be doing a 223ai and proof doesn’t offer a prefit in that caliber.
Give Gene a call. Our barrels and customers service blow away our competition. We are in the office M-F 8:30-4:45 CST. 844-883-9493

I can attest to this. C6's customer service is far ahead of their competitors. And they meet their timeliness. When you call them, you don't get some barbie like some larger companies, you get a guy that is knowledgeable, on it, and obviously in the thick of their production. He can speak to everything you're going to have questions about.
Located in south Louisiana, treating people like people and not order numbers was beat into us by our mommas.

Hi,

Can you have CS send me a bag of cracklins from Dons if I order a test barrel, lol?

Sincerely,
Theis
As much as we'd like too, that is over 1.5 hours away. Very good boudin and cracklins over in Scott though. I will give you and anyone else who is interested a 10% discount and free shipping on barrel orders. Just call and reference this SH thread.

I'm looking to snag a Tikka prefit for my Sako 85 hunter this weekend. Assuming the featherweight will fit relatively better than a sendero. POI shift on the featherweight with a can should be pretty repeatable? My only experience with CF barrels thus far is a sendero from Proof but it has shot very well though i never shoot it without the can.

I figured as much i just went with a proof sendero over the light for my 7 SS build because i figured the added thickness would help with harmonics when running the can off of it. I think i'll have to take too much off the Sako 85 stock to run the C6 sendero contour which is why i'm eyeing the featherweight.

I ordered my barrel on 28 May and it shipped 1 Oct. It was a custom profile which caused some delay, but I wasn't in a rush. The barreled action is now finished and on its way back to me from Jim See. I made a vid comparing the weights of CarbonSix and an identical steel barrel. I'll make vids after it's all put together and load development.

I'm looking to snag a Tikka prefit for my Sako 85 hunter this weekend. Assuming the featherweight will fit relatively better than a sendero. POI shift on the featherweight with a can should be pretty repeatable? My only experience with CF barrels thus far is a sendero from Proof but it has shot very well though i never shoot it without the can.
Good morning sir,

If our Featherweight barrel wouldn't work with a suppressor, we wouldn't offer it as an option. The length is capped at 24" with that contour though. All of our barrels are straight angled tapered. The Featherweight contour is basically a light target contour. At 24" you can expect that barrel to be in the 2.6b lbs range.

@CarbonSix Im assuming the 10% off mentioned in this thread is not intended to stack with your 10% off black friday sale going on right now? Also if I order a barrel now but want a custom reamer made for it can I order now and later send the reamer when it arrives to make the barrel?

Good morning sir,

If our Featherweight barrel wouldn't work with a suppressor, we wouldn't offer it as an option. The length is capped at 24" with that contour though. All of our barrels are straight angled tapered. The Featherweight contour is basically a light target contour. At 24" you can expect that barrel to be in the 2.6b lbs range.

Thanks for getting back to me. I didn’t think it wouldn’t work the diameter is there i was just curious if the harmonics on the thinner profile were as repeatable as the sendero. Either way i placed an order yesterday and am waiting eagerly.

My main concern was fitting the featherweight in my sako 85 Hunter walnut stock.

What is the freebore on y’all’s 6CM chamber?

@CarbonSix Im assuming the 10% off mentioned in this thread is not intended to stack with your 10% off black friday sale going on right now? Also if I order a barrel now but want a custom reamer made for it can I order now and later send the reamer when it arrives to make the barrel?
It does NOT stack but you do get the extra discount of free shipping if you call to place your order and mention this thread.

When ordering the barrel, we will leave the chamber option blank and put "customer supplied reamer" in the notes. The shop will notify me when the barrel is ready to chamber and I will let you know to send us the reamer.

Here I was doing research to confirm I wanted a barrel...and after this read through, I may be ordering 3!