• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Case runout.

350 Mag

Private
Minuteman
Jun 20, 2014
I have 4 bags of R&P Brass in 7mm Saum.

It's hard to find (especially in Canada)

Trouble is the necks have .0035-.004 runout.

Accuracy of rifle shooting finished ammo is acceptable but is there a way to correct this runout?

I have a Lee Collett die coming will this help or it won't exert enough force to straighten.

Or

Redding Bushing die.?

I am also getting some ADG brass but would like to get a few firings out of the Rem. brass.

I have been using a lee collet on my 308 brass. It leaves stuff really straight. You may want to try the smaller mandrel for some more neck tension as well. I have an undersized mandrel for my 308. I added mine to an amazon order and it was like 5 bux I think. I still have to test it to see if it makes a difference. I get better accuracy out of my gun with my collet than my full length sizing dies. I just wish I could bump the case shoulders a bit more with the collet die. Still working with them though to figure shit out.

Lee is making the Collet Die with sample brass and bullet.

Thanks for tip about checking fired cases.....checked and they are .001-.0015 runout now.

Will check case necks but all I have is RCBS runout gauge so not the best tool to check neck thickness.

Between the collet die and fire forming they’ll probably get ironed out pretty damn straight.

you’ll maybe have to cull a few out of your super anal.

I use Winchester brass for my 260 it it’s plenty wonky out of the bag but after the second loading it’s GTG.

Remington SAUM brass is rarer than an honest politician.