• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Central Virginia Tactical still in business?

Re: Central Virginia Tactical still in business?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mike4045</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is myself and a friend.</div></div>
Oh ok. I guess I'll start looking else where for some training. I'm looking to take a class OCT-Nov-Dec.

You may still want to call him to see if you can arrange something, Vern has been very accommodating to our schedule, give him a shot since you are in VA.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Regarding the posts made in the last few weeks:</span>

1) Vern Harrison and Central Virginia Tactical are still going, albeit some changes are afoot.

2) Vern has been on vacation and out of town for a few days, and will be back later this week. If you haven't been able to reach him over the last few days or a week, this may be why. Because he is away, Vern may also be unaware his site is not up at the moment.

3) Vern's e-mails have been working fine, if you're getting a bounce, please double check the addy you're using. Vern also has a new e-mail through Sniper's Paradise, PM me for it if needed.

4) Vern has tapered off training due to his health issues, but is still training on a limited basis and will continue to do so for a while.

5) Vern's site is hosted at Sniper's Paradise, which recently had some kind of hosting problem and was down awhile. It seems Vern's pages have not yet been restored, but they will be. Also, the CVT site being updated as per the information below, and may be offline until Nate can complete the changes.

FYI, I have been working with Vern on training in several contexts, and he has invited me to join him at CVT to work with him and with his long range students.

Vern's CQB people that cannot be accommodated at CVT will be referred to Shep at Precision Applications, LLC (www.sweatnotbleed.com).

While Vern will continue working with many of his established clients, based on his ability to get around, I will be helping him conduct his field work, and also working with the majority of his new students in the future. I have already been taking some of his overflow as I work toward making the transition from my current location to central VA and am receiving very positive feedback.

Please continue to use Vern's current contact information to discuss training requirements directly with Vern, who will make the call as to whether he can take you himself, or whether he would refer you to Shep or to me. Some of the site changes being made are revisions to the contact info and listing me as an additional instructor.

I am generally well known here and elsewhere. For anyone having questions about my own proficiency and background, please ask Vern, ask me, search this site for my username and/or search the Maryland Shooters forum. I post here and everywhere else under my real name (E.Shell/EShell), so I shouldn't be too hard to find.

If you have difficulty reaching Vern, even after he returns from vacation, please let me know and I will help you get in touch with him.

Once I have spoken with Frank regarding doing business here on his site, I will probably post additional information. This post is intended to clear up the questions regarding Vern and CVT's continued viability.

TY,
Ed Shell

Hide Members,

I can personally attest to Ed Shell's proficiency with a long gun and his ability to instruct others in a professional environment is outstanding.

I've stood behind him and watched him call wind at 1k like he was born to do it. The dude has serious talent.

Semper Fidelis.

This is great for all us East Coasters that need training. Glad to hear all is well with Vern and that Mr. Shell is on board.

Respectfully,

--KJ

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sosicmcise</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hide Members,

I can personally attest to Ed Shell's proficiency with a long gun and his ability to instruct others in a professional environment is outstanding.

</div></div>

Agreed! I am student of Ed's and he's top-notch!

I'm gonna train by Vern in Spring 2011 unless Vern directs me to E.Shell. In that case ES will be my instructor. I am confident that I'll be well taught either way.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sosicmcise</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hide Members,

I've stood behind him and watched him call wind at 1k like he was born to do it. The dude has serious talent.

Semper Fidelis. </div></div>

+1

WTF: Resurrect an almost two year old Thread with "+1"?