• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Chassis for CZ 455

Money Waster

Private
Minuteman
Dec 20, 2017
I have a CZ 455 that I’ve owned since about 2007. It sits in its original wood stock, which is extremely nice wood btw. However, I’d like to build a PRS style rig for my son to use. I have a Vudoo and he really digs it. I’d like to build him something that he thinks is equally as cool. I love the KRG X-Ray chassis, but I don’t think that they make it anymore. Who else makes a cool chassis for the 455 that’s geared toward PRS?

Pics would be great if you have them.

Thanks

Lou

I went with a Rigid Alloy chassis

2020-03-24 18.20.34.jpg

The fit and finish is great and the mag release being part of the trigger guard is just so Flippin super cool, and handy. I dislike where CZ put it.

Reactions: Money Waster
The fit and finish is great and the mag release being part of the trigger guard is just so Flippin super cool, and handy. I dislike where CZ put it.

Side question for Money Waster and Nodak --- what grip(s) are on the chassis? Any likes or dislikes about them?

Ergo vartical overmolded. Seems good but I like it. Firs this chassis better than my go to Hogue fingergroove type. I'd like to try a MDT vertical style sometime also

Here's a photo of my 455 in MDT LSS-22 chassis with Magpul PRS buttstock. Grip is standard AR-15 (Magpul here). I am willing to sell the chassis/buttstock; just haven't gotten around to making much effort. If interested, PM me and I'll give more detail and a price (which I don't have off top of my head; probably $450 +/- for both).
+qeoL6BRT5yuCbMNmMMxCg_thumb_2c1.jpg

Ergo vartical overmolded. Seems good but I like it. Firs this chassis better than my go to Hogue fingergroove type. I'd like to try a MDT vertical style sometime also

Excellent, thank you. I have a regular A2 style but wanting to try a vertical with fingergrooves. Just placed an order for it

Here's a photo of my 455 in MDT LSS-22 chassis with Magpul PRS buttstock. Grip is standard AR-15 (Magpul here). I am willing to sell the chassis/buttstock; just haven't gotten around to making much effort. If interested, PM me and I'll give more detail and a price (which I don't have off top of my head; probably $450 +/- for both).
View attachment 7281350
Thanks for the offer, but I’ll either go Rigid Alloy or KRG Bravo.

Reactions: DownhillFromHere
The Rigid alloy chassis is one of the be imho.
Love the new mid length handguard and the magazine release is money.
Wish they were lighter or had the ability for a CF handguard to shave some weight.

I hope they make one for the 457 soon

The magazines look to be CZ 10 rds with Blamm Enterprises extended basepads. Plus 2-3 rds.

Reactions: Money Waster
That they are. 13rnds when full. Went this way so I could get a whole box of 50 in 4 mags. The extensions have a little wiggle to them when empty but great when loaded.

Nodak nice rifle. I bought the KRG Bravo. Looking back wish I would have done the Rigid Alloy.

The KRG Bravo is really nice. I was back and forth between the two but I got in on a Veteran's discount and i already had the buttstock assembly. I truly think one would be happy either way.

Check out the MDT Oryx. I have one on my 455. They have an Arca rail that fits the angled forend and the price is great. I really like the Rigid Alloy too. A lesser known one is Indian Creek Design MoFo chassis with a machined Arca foreend. I have a KRG Bravo on a Howa and I like the Oryx a small bit more.
7E128458-B51C-479B-B043-DC17CCF6F76B.jpeg

Reactions: jeronimo
Check out the MDT Oryx. I have one on my 455. They have an Arca rail that fits the angled forend and the price is great. I really like the Rigid Alloy too. A lesser known one is Indian Creek Design MoFo chassis with a machined Arca foreend. I have a KRG Bravo on a Howa and I like the Oryx a small bit more.
View attachment 7294227

been lurking here for years. had to sign up because i finally have a question.
this has to be the only photo or place ive yet seen the 455 in the oryx chassis. how are you liking it. aesthetically i like this best out of all current options for the rifle. its currently in the OEM thumbhole stock that love the look of but hate the feel of.
c5gzpf.jpg

been lurking here for years. had to sign up because i finally have a question.
this has to be the only photo or place ive yet seen the 455 in the oryx chassis. how are you liking it. aesthetically i like this best out of all current options for the rifle. its currently in the OEM thumbhole stock that love the look of but hate the feel of.
c5gzpf.jpg

I’m still loving it. The only minor faults are the lack of a folding option(just to make cleaning the bore a little easier) and I would prefer the foreend to be completely flat. I had to do a little work to get a M-lok bag rider to fit. I recently added front and rear bag riders for a bench setup and it is very comfortable. The standard grip is nice but the TLC grip makes it perfect. It has remained rock solid.

I’m still loving it. The only minor faults are the lack of a folding option(just to make cleaning the bore a little easier) and I would prefer the foreend to be completely flat. I had to do a little work to get a M-lok bag rider to fit. I recently added front and rear bag riders for a bench setup and it is very comfortable. The standard grip is nice but the TLC grip makes it perfect. It has remained rock solid.

i like the fact the stock is fixed, no moving parts or buffer tube to deal with. all i care is that it can take a harris bipod. how is the balance, i never go to a gun range and shoot on private property. most my shooting is standing, kneeling, prone or using my offhand to rest against a tree and support with my forearm.

455 Bravo Chassis, I recommend you dig deeper there.
I looked again. The confusion is that it isn’t an option in the drop down menu, but in the description to the left it says that it is an option. I think that I will get this for my son’s build.

i like the fact the stock is fixed, no moving parts or buffer tube to deal with. all i care is that it can take a harris bipod. how is the balance, i never go to a gun range and shoot on private property. most my shooting is standing, kneeling, prone or using my offhand to rest against a tree and support with my forearm.

I’m not sure how the balance would be with a regular barrel. It’s definitely front heavy with the 24” barrel on mine but that’s an outlier. Good point on the folding stock. It’s a solid piece of aluminum front to back.

Here's the link:

Here's the link:

i been eyeing them. the barrel on my is 20" fluted bull barrel. its heavy. i love it though. most accurate 22lr ive ever owned. would never have believed it possible until seeing it with my own eyes. when i was sighting it in. i honestly thought something was wrong. fired around, hit 4" high and about 4" right. figured id shoot again and never seen another impact for 3 more rounds. so i fired off to the side to see what was what and bam. walked out there and i have 4 rounds damn near in the same hole from a sled at 50 yards. never seen any rimfire do that in my life. so she is keeping the oem fluted barrel for sure.

also i think you meant to post this one

You are correct, sir. All things considered, my 457 is going into a KRG Bravo. All the chassis' mentioned seen to be fine products.

May I ask what front bag rider you used. I just ordered a ORYX for my rifle. I did some searching and really didn’t find anything I liked. I have a co-axial front rest and want to use a 3” flat bag. thanks,
GG

May I ask what front bag rider you used. I just ordered a ORYX for my rifle. I did some searching and really didn’t find anything I liked. I have a co-axial front rest and want to use a 3” flat bag. thanks,
GG
I have the XLR M-Lok one. I had to mill off the front M-Lok tab so it would sit flush, but that will never be visible and won’t affect anything if I use it on a different rifle. I could have added a screw to the front hole and used the sling swivel hole, but I wanted it flush with the front.

I’m also using the Jamer rear bag rider, which is very nice and easy to install.
B12E1028-AC58-4D0B-9E20-F9C1ABC3583D.jpeg

D7A7EBF6-31B4-4989-B083-CD30F6F76E0A.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: WeeHooker
I have the XLR M-Lok one. I had to mill off the front M-Lok tab so it would sit flush, but that will never be visible and won’t affect anything if I use it on a different rifle. I could have added a screw to the front hole and used the sling swivel hole, but I wanted it flush with the front.

I’m also using the Jamer rear bag rider, which is very nice and easy to install.
Thanks for the info, I went to their site and they are sold out. The only other one I found is the JP Rifle but it mounts to a 1913 rail. I like your install better.

Thanks for the info, I went to their site and they are sold out. The only other one I found is the JP Rifle but it mounts to a 1913 rail. I like your install better.
I tried the JP one on another rifle, but it’s Delrin and I prefer metal. They do have one that also fits an arca rail and picattiny, but it wasn’t listed on their website last I checked. I had to email XLR and wait for a notification once another batch was ready. They sell out quick but they communicate very well with customers and can give you a decent estimate of the wait.

Last edited:
did you paint the removable pieces. if so can i get a full view or it. the OD green or whatever it is, has been part of my conflict of interest as id rather it all black

I bought the black panels and like how it looks much better, I’m not a fan of OD green. I read here or somewhere that they take Rit Dye well, which I could have done in hindsight.
A51898AA-D59B-4281-97FA-C3CD99C4F0B2.jpeg

Last edited:
I bought the black panels and like how it looks much better, I’m not a fan of OD green. I read here or somewhere that they take Rit Dye well, which I could have done in hindsight.

View attachment 7334353
well i was torn between having a stock imported or the oryx for only $50 more. now seeing it in all black my mind is made up. wonder if i can order it without the OD green if i contact them. One more thing, is that a 455 in the photo. if so what trigger is that. i love straight blade triggers

well i was torn between having a stock imported or the oryx for only $50 more. now seeing it in all black my mind is made up. wonder if i can order it without the OD green if i contact them. One more thing, is that a 455 in the photo. if so what trigger is that. i love straight blade triggers

It’s a 455 with a Keystone Accuracy barrel. The trigger is a Scar 2 stage. It is probably the best feeling 2 stage trigger I’ve used. It’s a true, safe 2 stage that I beta tested a while back and have been using ever since. It’s set up at 6 total ounces right now and breaks like glass.

It’s a 455 with a Keystone Accuracy barrel. The trigger is a Scar 2 stage. It is probably the best feeling 2 stage trigger I’ve used. It’s a true, safe 2 stage that I beta tested a while back and have been using ever since. It’s set up at 6 total ounces right now and breaks like glass.
Yes, yes and yes on the BSCAR trigger. Simply amazing what that man has built. Love mine

Appreciate the quick response. Looks like an 18 inch barrel would clear by ~1.5 inches. How do you like the chassis and what torque do you have action screws? Not sure if any are provided with chassis - video I saw on one indicated no specs were provided.

I think I have mine at 25 in/lb, but it's been so long since I screwed with it, I don't remember for sure. Either way, it's worth playing with different torque settings on the front and rear action bolts and see if you can get any differences out of the groups that way.

Reactions: Three_Bags_Full
I like it and it's twin which is a centerfire chassis. I built it as a rimfire trainer that mimics the other one but since then, for various reasons, I have begun to shoot rimfire more than center fire.
If your going to use this as a PRS/NRL22 set up I can give a couple of tips from what I learned. Biggest issue is balancing it.
If you're changing the barrel use the heavier choice. That barrel is an .850 dia. I should have got .910. The one in the Pic has all the bells and whistles for adjusting the butt stock, that's awesome but you'll have to counter weight the forearm to offset all that steel hardware. So save money and get the more basic butt stock.
As far as action screws, their included.
As far as torque, experiment, find what yours wants rimfires can be picky.