• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Chevy is fucking retarded.

I was at the Dodge dealer yesterday getting Ram services and inspected. There was a recall notice sitting on the counter for...

(Can’t make this stuff up)....

Floormats.

Yes, they recalled floormats. Slabs of rubber. With no moving parts. And they couldn’t even pull that off.

Sirhr
Pretty much every manufacture has a had a recall on floor mats. It is almost always due to the "retention" of the mat so that is doesn't slide up and under the pedals jamming them, most notably the accelerator pedal.

The retention systems where not even designed until the mid 90's I believe. This was due to a few accidents involving floor mats jammed under the pedals. So all of a sudden the manufacture was responsible so make sure it never happened.

I get in vehicles all the time with floor mats jammed up into the pedals, almost always non-factory mats. Makes me wonder just how lazy people are that can't straighten the mat out once every few days.

GM is going to look dumb and incompetent when the EV Nicola company is found to be nothing more than a giant fraud.

From what I am reading the "fraud" part is probably mostly true at least from the hard goods side of things... But the company(or at least the main guy's) ideas and I believe patents are what GM bought and again, from what I have read, they are all legit and pretty decent ideas, just with zero to no execution, so maybe GM does get left holding the bag.

Yep, you sure got me there - I misspelled a word, caught it about two minutes later, and that totally proves that I'm relying on Google for all my automotive knowledge.

To be fair, I Google'd "Timkin" and got this result:

View attachment 7425019

I saw a van like that looked almost exactly this out in Bryce, Utah last year when we were out camping. I think it had a roll out awning on the passenger side though.

This... is... Jeopardy!

*Rings in*

"Who makes you take the body off the frame of your van to pull the passenger side valve cover?"
The actual procedure is to remove the motor mounts and then gently lower the engine down to the main cross member. But removing the body is actually easier.

I am not sure why people have such a fit about cab/body removal. It is just the reverse of how the vehicle was assembled at the factory. There is also a LOT less accidental damage when you are not trying to fit a round peg through a square hole so to speak.

This... is... Jeopardy!

*Rings in*

"Who makes you take the body off the frame of your van to pull the passenger side valve cover?"

8d2b6286488a2df4f234bd1375d9e6a7.jpg

Reactions: E. Bryant
The actual procedure is to remove the motor mounts and then gently lower the engine down to the main cross member. But removing the body is actually easier.

I am not sure why people have such a fit about cab/body removal. It is just the reverse of how the vehicle was assembled at the factory. There is also a LOT less accidental damage when you are not trying to fit a round peg through a square hole so to speak.

Just reinforced my thought that I really do need a 2 post lift. Since pulling the body is required for maintenance.

Sadly, I only have 10'6" ceilings so I'll have to get a short lift.

Reactions: 2ndamendfan
@gunjunkie45 stopped by the dealership to get my updates. So far the list of parts replaced on my truck are intake, diesel particulate filter, EGR valve , injectors, turbo boost sensor, AND week after next the cab will come off to get a new turbo. That’s after 4 tune adjustments to the computer. Not bad for a 2017 truck I bought brand new and had 62,000 miles on it when I went down. Chrysler field techs are baffled hahaha.

• Haha
Reactions: gunjunkie45
They named a truck after a stupid looking cow with a big head....

Emory would have called it the queer steer.

Yep, you sure got me there - I misspelled a word, caught it about two minutes later, and that totally proves that I'm relying on Google for all my automotive knowledge.

To be fair, I Google'd "Timkin" and got this result:

View attachment 7425019View attachment 7425020
... so hopefully you can understand how I made such an egregious mistake.

Ironically enough, I'm not sure that sign is 100% correct (the Timken part, that is; Google obviously did all the work on the build, and I just sat back and shit-posted on the internet).

Next, I'm going to Google "how to prune a river birch", and then "how to get the kids to pick up their bike ramps so I can pull all the way into my parking spot next time".

Is that a Quigley? off road ain't my thing but I do like vans. I'd totally rock one of those.

Bravo Fiat... you even managed to screw up floormats!

Sirhr

Toyota did it first to orders of magnitude more vehicles at that. (pardon NPR link)

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2009/09/toyota_recalls_38_million_cars.html

Yeah, it's way easier to pull the body (unless it's an ambulance, in which case have fun). That operation isn't too bad on southern vehicles, but up here in the Salt Belt, it's pretty tough to get all the body mount bolts out without a hassle.
Is that a Quigley? off road ain't my thing but I do like vans. I'd totally rock one of those.

Nope, not a Quigley - I don't like the way they execute several aspects of the Ford conversion (would totally rock one of their GM vans as a daily driver, though).

Toyota did it first to orders of magnitude more vehicles at that. (pardon NPR link)

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2009/09/toyota_recalls_38_million_cars.html

Yeah, but the real problem with some of those Toyota products was the hysteresis (artificial friction) system in the throttle pedal. If you want to go down the rabbit hole:

Floor mats were likely an issue in some cases, and it's revealing that Toyota decided to trim the throttle pedal pad on some of the recalled vehicles.

Maybe I told you this before if so I apologize. For five years I worked as engineering manager at a Honda supplier here in Ohio. I got to tour the Anna engine plant and the Russells Point transmission plant, both of which feed most of the Honda north American operations including the massive Marysville assembly plant from which almost all Accords on this side of the world come from.

Then earlier this year I got me one. The only thing that isn't domestic on this car is the manual transmission which came from a Honda plant in India.

This car is phenomenal

View attachment 7423243

View attachment 7423248

The red car you can see through the windshield is a 2010 Fit (made in Japan) that has just under 1/4 million miles. I've to fix a few minor things and not until it passed 195,000 miles. Now my daughter drives it around.

I love my 2019 accord 2t sport 6spd as well!

Attachments

• 20200828_202628.jpg
    20200828_202628.jpg
    244 KB · Views: 32
Reactions: 308pirate
I've owned atleast one GM since I started driving. Currently have a Z71 w/300k+ and Vette w/110k miles but both are nearly 20 yrs old. They really went downhill in the past several years. Doubt a new Silverado or C8 will go those distances! And honestly, they're looks on the Silverado currently are fugly as hell!

GM took a 11% stake in Nikola and 2 weeks later, the founder of the new company resigns. lol

Hydrogen Fuel Cells dont work because it takes more electricity to make the hydrogen than what it can later produce. duhhhh

I'm sure even the engineers at GM warned corporate this was a terrible idea, but these days the MBAs and suits run the show.

a Quigley-Ford van also comes with a free ultra tactical scope and some free concrete work on the side...