• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CHPWS RMR plates are JUNK and their customer service is just as bad

I was directed to this thread by a friend and just finished reading it all.
In February 2020 I sent my Sig 320 slide to C&H. The slide was a Pro model and came from the factory able to accept the Sig optic and the DPP. I had a separate shop drill and tap the slide for a RMR.
I sent C&H a text about some custom Sig plates that had recently been released. They covered a gap and I wanted that as a purely cosmetic reason. I received a text back then a call from Buck. I was told 3 days which turned into almost 2 months.
After sending an email and calling I received my slide with custom plate. The plate fit, but the screw holes were out of spec and I couldn’t attach it to my slide or the optic to the plate.
I was given a discount and expedited shipping and wasn’t out much money and didn’t want to go through the long wait again so I just sucked it up and went on with my life, but remembered it for the future.
Fast forward to July 2020. I had a Staccato P that I needed cut for an optic. I specially wanted to use the Aimpoint ACRO. I remembered my earlier debacle and looked elsewhere for other options. The other options were either too expensive or I didn’t want to wait for the quoted time frame.
I ended up sending my Staccato slide to C&H in the later part of July. A week later I got a call from C&H telling me that my slide had arrived and early the following week I would get a call from the smith working on my slide to confirm my order.
No call ever came and I just waited patiently. Out of the blue I got an email from C&H at the beginning of September informing me that my slide had shipped.
About a week later I was notified that the slide had arrived, but I was at work until 6 that night. I raced home and opened the package. Inside was my slide which had been cut and an attached plate. I immediately realized that the attached plates was for a RMR. Not the ACRO that I had ordered, requested, and confirmed by text and by phone before submitting my CC information.
I was furious. It was way after the business had closed and I was worried I had a slide that couldn’t be repaired the way I wanted.
Also inside the box was a copy of the order receipt I included as instructed in the original shipment. I saw where I specified the ACRO so that eased my mind a little. Another piece of paper was included in the package.
This paper was from C&H and was a form filled out by an employee. It had spaces to be filled out by the employee. Things like order #, date items received,etc. There were several blanks like called customer to confirm and due date.
The next day I had calmed down and concentrated on remaining calm. I spoke with Bo who was very professional and advised he would send me the correct plate in the next hour with a return label. Once I got the new correct plate I would just send the old one back. I was completely happy with this and advised it would work.
The ACRO is longer than the RMR and I was worried about dimensions. I was told this plate would work and the cross bolt pattern cut was universal and the plates would work. I’m still not sure about this.
About a week later I got another package from C&H. Inside was a ACRO plate but for a Staccato with the factory DUO option which I didn’t have since C&H cut my slide.
I didn’t have time to call the next day so I sent the DUO plate back with a detailed letter. I kept the RMR plate so I could have something to use in the mean time.
I got a call from Bo saying that the ACRO plate doesn’t exist but they will make one and get it to me ASAP. Within a week.
Had not received a new plate or a call so I emailed Bo to see what was going on. I remained professional in the email and got a response the next day that said it would be specked up this week and shipped in a few days. That was October 29th 2020.
I have received 2 calls weeks before Thanksgiving telling me I would be getting a tracking number soon and that I’m special project #1.
Im not expecting anything soon or correct when/if I do get it.

In February 2020 I sent my Sig 320 slide to C&H. The slide was a Pro model and came from the factory able to accept the Sig optic and the DPP. I had a separate shop drill and tap the slide for a RMR.
I sent C&H a text about some custom Sig plates that had recently been released. They covered a gap and I wanted that as a purely cosmetic reason. I received a text back then a call from Buck. I was told 3 days which turned into almost 2 months.
After sending an email and calling I received my slide with custom plate. The plate fit, but the screw holes were out of spec and I couldn’t attach it to my slide or the optic to the plate.
I was given a discount and expedited shipping and wasn’t out much money and didn’t want to go through the long wait again so I just sucked it up and went on with my life, but remembered it for the future.
Fast forward to July 2020. I had a Staccato P that I needed cut for an optic. I specially wanted to use the Aimpoint ACRO. I remembered my earlier debacle and looked elsewhere for other options. The other options were either too expensive or I didn’t want to wait for the quoted time frame.
I ended up sending my Staccato slide to C&H in the later part of July. A week later I got a call from C&H telling me that my slide had arrived and early the following week I would get a call from the smith working on my slide to confirm my order.
No call ever came and I just waited patiently. Out of the blue I got an email from C&H at the beginning of September informing me that my slide had shipped.
About a week later I was notified that the slide had arrived, but I was at work until 6 that night. I raced home and opened the package. Inside was my slide which had been cut and an attached plate. I immediately realized that the attached plates was for a RMR. Not the ACRO that I had ordered, requested, and confirmed by text and by phone before submitting my CC information.
I was furious. It was way after the business had closed and I was worried I had a slide that couldn’t be repaired the way I wanted.
Also inside the box was a copy of the order receipt I included as instructed in the original shipment. I saw where I specified the ACRO so that eased my mind a little. Another piece of paper was included in the package.
This paper was from C&H and was a form filled out by an employee. It had spaces to be filled out by the employee. Things like order #, date items received,etc. There were several blanks like called customer to confirm and due date.
The next day I had calmed down and concentrated on remaining calm. I spoke with Bo who was very professional and advised he would send me the correct plate in the next hour with a return label. Once I got the new correct plate I would just send the old one back. I was completely happy with this and advised it would work.
The ACRO is longer than the RMR and I was worried about dimensions. I was told this plate would work and the cross bolt pattern cut was universal and the plates would work. I’m still not sure about this.
About a week later I got another package from C&H. Inside was a ACRO plate but for a Staccato with the factory DUO option which I didn’t have since C&H cut my slide.
I didn’t have time to call the next day so I sent the DUO plate back with a detailed letter. I kept the RMR plate so I could have something to use in the mean time.
I got a call from Bo saying that the ACRO plate doesn’t exist but they will make one and get it to me ASAP. Within a week.
Had not received a new plate or a call so I emailed Bo to see what was going on. I remained professional in the email and got a response the next day that said it would be specked up this week and shipped in a few days. That was October 29th 2020.
I have received 2 calls weeks before Thanksgiving telling me I would be getting a tracking number soon and that I’m special project #1.

Make sure you leave a google review. They seem to do everything they can to delete bad posts on their page and refuse to make anything right. I’ve never had another company make me wait 13 weeks and counting for something I was told 2-3 weeks and get told I’m the bad person for being upset.

If anyone wondering how their service is here you go. Note that the first time I asked for an update was already past their 2-3 week lead time and they didn’t even have a program to do my slide that’s an option on their website.
E7D747CC-F96E-4032-8B2A-53311A2C388E.png
233F440E-6458-4D4F-8D4A-1CBA5EE8CCDD.png
9C6D926A-1823-447A-ADC7-497BCBAF65CC.png
612BF4F4-A082-419C-9A9B-24D5DF7998FC.png
9DA81C9F-4F4D-41D5-BBBA-042347F37473.png
02854FF8-2B1B-4A90-B809-758E877A5F62.png
4843356E-4ADE-42E6-995F-92383B865AFC.png
939F0F3B-223D-4E4A-B885-8D8D6DE95958.png
D88B99D3-0A33-48A1-B5A7-CC1AC4DF81DD.png

Reactions: camocorvette

WOW. And people wondered why I just wanted my money back and didn’t want to send my slides in or give them a chance to send me fucked up shit a second time.

If anyone wondering how their service is here you go. Note that the first time I asked for an update was already past their 2-3 week lead time and they didn’t even have a program to do my slide that’s an option on their website. View attachment 7496152View attachment 7496153View attachment 7496154View attachment 7496155View attachment 7496156View attachment 7496157View attachment 7496158View attachment 7496159View attachment 7496160
So let’s get this straight... claims fastest turnaround times then falls back on the were a small company so it may take longer. No shame at all

looks like I may finally be getting my stuff back. Still don’t understand how people that sent their slides in after me received them back before me.
6C02A343-AE0E-47CA-88DE-6701D148D27E.png

• Haha
Reactions: Tunnuh
Wow. A guess the "so-called pandemic" killed his emails too.

And this clown is the "Official Gunsmith of the PRS"? Guess that money y'all spent went to sponsorship dollars instead of shop capacity.

5EDED109-1CD2-4087-B73C-C818AC8FE65D.jpeg

????
This falls into the category of NMFP (Not My Fucking Problem). You want to know a few hints about running a small business anytime?
  1. Don’t over promise and under deliver.
  2. Don’t send shit out the door. Inspect product, especially custom product. Without some sort of inspection process or other assurance that you are sending out exactly what the customer ordered, you get exactly this shit show.
  3. If you do get an order wrong or screw up, admit it and make it right. Don’t be a douchbag and Make the customer feel like they are the problem.
  4. It’s on you, not on them.

View attachment 7496680

????
This falls into the category of NMFP (Not My Fucking Problem). You want to know a few hints about running a small business anytime?
  2. Don’t send shit out the door. Inspect product, especially custom product. Without some sort of inspection process or other assurance that you are sending out exactly what the customer ordered, you get exactly this shit show.
  3. If you do get an order wrong or screw up, admit it and make it right. Don’t be a douchbag and Make the customer feel like they are the problem.
Apparently he doesn’t check his emails either.
F8A10724-5C52-4211-B637-4376DC4FB18C.png

Reactions: lash
View attachment 7496680

????
Also It doesn’t explain the 2-3 week lead time they promised when they received my order. It doesn’t explain why my buddy that sent his Glock slide in after mine received his before mine. The fact this is what he considers customer service is what pisses me off.

Reactions: lash
View attachment 7496680

????
I’ve never been treated so rudely by a company where it actually makes me rethink if I was actually an asshole at any time. But I posted all my emails and text with this company and the owner and I thought I kept my cool.

But he trains elite military personnel in mountain survival techniques and sniping. 💩😂. He Just keeps digging that hole deeper and deeper

Last edited:
Reactions: camocorvette
Also It doesn’t explain the 2-3 week lead time they promised when they received my order. It doesn’t explain why my buddy that sent his Glock slide in after mine received his before mine. The fact this is what he considers customer service is what pisses me off.
The fact that they keep leaning on the Covid issue as an excuse baffles me. I could understand if this was March-may or so, cause yea a lot people weren’t working then. This started for you in September, at that point everyone for the most part has pretty much been back at work. Dudes a shit show, I’m honestly surprised someone hasn’t shown up in person to see how they react when confronted.

The fact that they keep leaning on the Covid issue as an excuse baffles me. I could understand if this was March-may or so, cause yea a lot people weren’t working then. This started for you in September, at that point everyone for the most part has pretty much been back at work. Dudes a shit show, I’m honestly surprised someone hasn’t shown up in person to see how they react when confronted.
The fact he seems to make it my fault and problem my parts are still gone and I’m down a pistol for 13 weeks baffles me.

Well, I'm certainly not here to defend poor customer service, and leaning on covid as an excuse is no excuse at all... BUT:

One employee gets the 'rona here in my county and the whole shop is out of business for 2 weeks. It could be a legitimate thing. However following the thread and seeing plenty of other public interactions, doubtful.

Well, I'm certainly not here to defend poor customer service, and leaning on covid as an excuse is no excuse at all... BUT:

One employee gets the 'rona here in my county and the whole shop is out of business for 2 weeks. It could be a legitimate thing. However following the thread and seeing plenty of other public interactions, doubtful.

I live in the same county as CHP. Doesn't apply here. Actually, the virus hasn't been to bad in SE Georgia.

True, and a proactive email to everyone with pending orders of "Hey guys, Sorry but we got the 'rona, we're not taking any new orders and existing lead times will be +2 weeks" is a lot better than continuing to take more orders and delivering 14 weeks after promised and not acknowledging previous customer emails.

It's easy to skim the threads here and see customer service done right and wrong. I'm surprised we haven't seen Buck come defend himself. Having Kevin jump on were the best part of the Q the Fix threads...

Reactions: LeftyJason
So they're offering free slide milling with a $25 donation to some charity and taking a class with one of their endorsed instructors (all of whom are awesome dudes, I guess he hasn't fucked them over yet).

Have fun fellas.

If you don’t want it back I guess you could be out a slide and $25

Imagine holding peoples shit for 6x longer and counting that you promised and being a cunt about it, all while having the nerve to basically advertise free slide work like you’re some tactical nuthugger Mother Theresa.

Last edited:

If that’s the case and that’s how you run your company I wouldn’t be giving any lead times and say it could be delayed up to 4 months

Reactions: scsu74 and Tunnuh
True, and a proactive email to everyone with pending orders of "Hey guys, Sorry but we got the 'rona, we're not taking any new orders and existing lead times will be +2 weeks" is a lot better than continuing to take more orders and delivering 14 weeks after promised and not acknowledging previous customer emails.

It's easy to skim the threads here and see customer service done right and wrong. I'm surprised we haven't seen Buck come defend himself. Having Kevin jump on were the best part of the Q the Fix threads...
Big surprise I also didn’t get a shipment email
That I was told I would be getting today.

So they're offering free slide milling with a $25 donation to some charity and taking a class with one of their endorsed instructors (all of whom are awesome dudes, I guess he hasn't fucked them over yet).

Have fun fellas.

I saw that and am still confused as to why they are so die hard CH precision. Apparently Buck is the only person who can mill Walther's and maintain their warranty. The instructors listed are all on team Walther.. or whatever they call their team.

It took him almost 2 months to tap my 320 slide for RMR holes. No optic cutting, literally just tapping two holes. I would never send him a slide when Vulcan can turn a slide in a week or while you wait if you're local for $140 cut/coating.

I saw that and am still confused as to why they are so die hard CH precision. Apparently Buck is the only person who can mill Walther's and maintain their warranty. The instructors listed are all on team Walther.. or whatever they call their team.

It took him almost 2 months to tap my 320 slide for RMR holes. No optic cutting, literally just tapping two holes. I would never send him a slide when Vulcan can turn a slide in a week or while you wait if you're local for $140 cut/coating.
I’m pretty sure my wait time at this point is Buck punishing me because he’s seeing the fact I’m sharing my lovely experience with his company here. Others have sent in their slides and after me and received them back already.

Doug Holloway at ATEI is the George Gardner of pistol slide work. Wonderful guy, wonderful work, and about 1000% the experience of everyone else. Just send them to him from now on.

First the plate the OP posted is a total hunk of junk. That said, it's kind of funny to see so many people upset at the turn around time and not meeting stated finish times with a handgun. For years here whenever someone brings up many of the big name custom rifle builders missing stated turn around times you'd swear it's a badge of honor you should cherish to wait 6 months longer than you were told up front.

First the plate the OP posted is a total hunk of junk. That said, it's kind of funny to see so many people upset at the turn around time and not meeting stated finish times with a handgun. For years here whenever someone brings up many of the big name custom rifle builders missing stated turn around times you'd swear it's a badge of honor you should cherish to wait 6 months longer than you were told up front.

Must just have good luck between Mark Housel at L/M and Jeremy at Vulcan. Mark answers emails within the hour and he's turned slides around in under a week at times.

Learned my lesson, stick with the known.

Last Thursday according to Buck himself my slide should be shipping. It’s been 14 weeks and now still nothing and won’t even get responses.

Attachments

• 6D22D18C-FC03-421C-8A68-A72EB17B0076.png
    6D22D18C-FC03-421C-8A68-A72EB17B0076.png
    505 KB · Views: 175
  • E0E5F298-AF04-4799-A644-45B1C05DEC66.png
    E0E5F298-AF04-4799-A644-45B1C05DEC66.png
    796.1 KB · Views: 191
  • AD8F8963-64A9-4FE0-9471-69E877F41EA5.png
    AD8F8963-64A9-4FE0-9471-69E877F41EA5.png
    673.9 KB · Views: 187
  • F3FBE7D7-F72B-4B39-B374-71E94251BA9B.png
    F3FBE7D7-F72B-4B39-B374-71E94251BA9B.png
    703.7 KB · Views: 188
Jordan, I truly to feel bad for what you’re enduring. I can also say you’re a whole lot more calm than I would be.

Jordan, I truly to feel bad for what you’re enduring. I can also say you’re a whole lot more calm than I would be.
Usually by the time you reach and contact the owner they make it right and help you get your problem solved, not make you feel like the problem. This is a new one for me.

Reactions: Aescobar17
Why the heck would a design engineer check something like that? That smells of total BS!
Who knows, why would a company take 14 weeks to complete something that was promised 2-4. Why would they stop responding to my inquiries about my slide and optic? Why does the owner get mad when I ask about my products? Nothing about this makes sense. But hey, not having my gun for 14 weeks is great.

Reactions: scsu74