• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CHPWS RMR plates are JUNK and their customer service is just as bad

The folks at Staccato have exemplified what customer service should be, at least in my current situation. This was my grail duty pistol and was purchased with the intention of carrying me into retirement.

Reactions: newguy2k3v2
The folks at Staccato have exemplified what customer service should be, at least in my current situation. This was my grail duty pistol and was purchased with the intention of carrying me into retirement.
Good to hear they're still going to fix you up with how busy they are. I assume chpws is footing the bill. Is Staccato going to do the cut or is chpws gonna take another swing?

Good to hear they're still going to fix you up with how busy they are. I assume chpws is footing the bill. Is Staccato going to do the cut or is chpws gonna take another swing?

😂😂😂 you’re kidding right? They wouldn’t replace less than $300 worth of their fucked in plates and incorrect sights. You think they’re paying to have Staccato fit a new slide? No fucking way. I bet they won’t even refund the charges for their fucked up work.

Hopefully he paid with a cc and can dispute the charges?

I was going to send my Sti dvc carry slide to them to mill for an RMR. I contacted them to set up my order and about a week later (I was still waiting to pay for and complete my order) I received an email addressing me by name saying they recieved my staccato slide and needed my phone number for contact haha. I replied back saying that first off my gun is an sti dvc not a staccato and that it’s impossible they received my slide since it was sitting on my gun in my safe. I ended the email stating that I would be going with a different company. They didn’t bother to reply… Sorry but any business who can’t keep their orders straight is not getting my 3k dollar gun slide to cut. Thank goodness I didn’t because since then I have seen their name smeared on basically every forum and gun page I’m a member of with tons of peoples horror stories.

point is that if you’ve dealt with them and everything went smoothly consider yourself lucky and if your thinking of doing business with them you better pray that you aren’t one of the unlucky customers lol

Fresh E-mail spam.
Screen Shot 2021-06-14 at 6.13.15 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-14 at 6.13.31 PM.png

I'm not gonna lie. I almost ordered another 509 for a pistol or to use for an offset dot on a rifle. At $300 they're a good deal.

My local gun store has that exact 9mm ammo for $18/box. They limit the amount you can buy but that comes out to $380/1000. If they’re still making a profit then these guys, and other online retailers, are committing highway robbery. They can go fuck themselves.

Did Buck cover any of the repair?

Surely, he must be.

It's getting to the point where I am questioning the integrity of trainers and companies that align with Buck. His absolute lack of integrity is well enough known in this community that he has to be paying good money for guys to call him "friend".
I was thinking the exact same thing. There are some pretty prominent and well-respected trainers out there that are still advertising for him and it makes me wonder because there's no way they don't know about this stuff.

Not the first time CHPWS had quality issues…why I spent my money with Springer. Springer Precision have been awesome and one of the few that pay close attention to detail not just in product but customer service as well.

As a business person…CHPWS…you need to talk to customers a bit more professionally regardless of the customer and because of the way you have responded in messages alone…you’ve lost any business from me. Sorry. Carry on.

Last edited:
Wish I had found this thread before sending my Springfield Hellcat slide in to be cut for the Holosun 507k. What I got back was not a very tight fit for the 507k, so only time will tell if the gaps allow for movement or strain on the optic. Photos added below.

I received my slide back approx 3 weeks ago, after about 5 or 6 weeks at their facility. That's not an issue, since they said it would likely take a while. But I was hoping for tighter tolerances...I can fit a thick business card in between the holosun footprint in both the front and back.

The bigger issue though is that they broke my Hellcat front sight while milling the slide (which was one of my wife's favorite features of the gun), and replaced it with what I am 99% sure is a suppressor height front (and left the stock rear sight). So now I have a standard height rear sight, and suppressor height front. To make matters worse, I have emailed any email address I can find associated with them and am consistently waiting weeks to get any response. Will from CHPWS reached out to me on March 31, after getting my contact email from someone else after I emailed them several times. I responded 12 hours later and have yet to receive a response. I followed up with Will on Apr 5th to see if he needed any more info or photos, and then again on Apr 7th, and most recently yesterday on April 13th, and am still waiting for a reply. At this point, if they just want to mail me a matching rear sight, or a standard height front that matches the stock Hellcat sight, or just send me the money to buy one on my own...I'm pretty flexible in how this gets addressed.

I understand that mistakes happen, but I'm getting tired of trying to reach out to them so they can address an issue that they caused.
They had my firearm for 3 months and I didn't even have a front sight when I got it back.

Not the first time CHPWS had quality issues…why I spent my money with Springer. Springer Precision have been awesome and one of the few that pay close attention to detail not just in product but customer service as well.

As a business person…CHPWS…you need to talk to customers a bit more professionally regardless of the customer and because of the way you have responded in messages alone…you’ve lost any business from me. Sorry. Carry on.
After 3 months of hell I finally get my firearm back - incomplete - and then I jump on Instagram and the owner is trashing some customer for a bad packing job. He was getting trashed in the comments. Absolutely worst time to be trashing customers - even if the guy was an idiot.

Reactions: lowspeed_highdrag
Surely, he must be.

It's getting to the point where I am questioning the integrity of trainers and companies that align with Buck. His absolute lack of integrity is well enough known in this community that he has to be paying good money for guys to call him "friend".
Called: $$$$

Reactions: lowspeed_highdrag
Thanks for sharing guys - very good info. One bad story is usually a difficult customer. There’s definitely a pattern though.
I don’t do IG or anything like that but I’d be curious what anyone who vouches for them would have to say.

Thanks for sharing guys - very good info. One bad story is usually a difficult customer. There’s definitely a pattern though.
I don’t do IG or anything like that but I’d be curious what anyone who vouches for them would have to say.

“He’s a good dude, he cut my slides for free.”

- IG Influencer

I ordered an RMR mount plate from CHPWS for my Stac P DPO and this was the fit... anyone else experience this? Am I just going to have to suck it up and go with the thicker Dawson plate? Cus this fit is terrible... Sent these guys an email to see wtf they want me to do with this.

IMG_0704.jpg

I suggest reading this thread in it's entirety and you should have a pretty clear picture what they'll do about it...

Sorry about your luck man, it really does suck. They've kind of positioned themselves as the "it" company for these parts so it seems like a lot of others don't even bother. This seems pretty typical of the quality you can expect.

Reactions: Ravenworks
I ordered an RMR mount plate from CHPWS for my Stac P DPO and this was the fit... anyone else experience this? Am I just going to have to suck it up and go with the thicker Dawson plate? Cus this fit is terrible... Sent these guys an email to see wtf they want me to do with this.

View attachment 7693961
Just get the Dawson plate. They designed the system, the current plates aren’t quite s as low as the ch but they’re a lot thinner than the original ones, you won’t have to change your front sight(depending on age of your gun) and it uses two screws to mount vs one. All I ever hear about is ch plates repeatedly coming loose.

View attachment 7693961

Is that the new ELR 100 MOA mount?

Thankfully their customer support is handling it pretty seamlessly thru warranty. Seems like others have had some bad experiences but I'm happy with how they're handling it.

Lots of horror stories buy with caution.

My experience appears to be a working one after some stoning to install.

Time will tell if I made the right choice.

My application is more to be used as a "gasket" rather than a "plate".

Surprised ole buckaroo didn’t tell you to send the plate and your slide in so they can let their shop beaver properly install it. Something is clearly out of spec on that Staccato slide 😂

Haha one thing is clear - That guy never got a lesson on what "customer support" actually means. Cringeworthy.

Haha one thing is clear - That guy never got a lesson on what "customer support" actually means. Cringeworthy.

A rational person would change things, there’s no way he doesn’t see and recognize that the way he runs his business is negatively effecting the success of his business. He’s got his heels dug in with being an asshole though so if nothing else he’s well anchored.

I found this after having a Trijicon rep suggest C&H for my G17 mos and RMR.

I've read all posts here and just wanted to thank everyone that gave their stories. It definitely shows why I won't support Buck and C&H with any of my money.

I'm glad some guys had good luck and got good products but I won't take the chance.

I had some work done CHPWS back in the Labelle FL days circa 2015 or so

First job was a JP tank brake clocking and muzzle hole diameter opening (which JP says needs to be done per rifle for the correct caliber) They somehow drilled the hole off center and I had a brake strike with the 1st shot.

I didnt learn and had brought them a AAC Handi Rifle to that was light striking and they said they could fix it no problem. They had it so long that I actually forgot about it and moved across the state. About a year after I left it with them I remembered they still had it and when I called, they said couldnt fix it and forgot to let me know or something. I drove down to get it and was handed a dusty cardboard box full of rusty gun parts that had been sitting high on a shelf in a non climate controlled conex inside the shop for a year. Luckily they didnt try to charge me for that.

I wonder if everytime someone googles these guys this thread pops up.

Wow! I'm glad I found this thread. It just saved me from making a costly and frustrating mistake.

My $0.02
I sent them pics of the slide to confirm I had the right plate to mount an RMR on a p320c and the one they confirmed and sent wasn’t even close.

I’ve now had a brand new RMR in the box sitting for a year because I don’t want to get the wrong thing again.

Well my luck is bad as usual. I just ordered a plate for my g17 today from them and see this tonight. I sent them a email telling them I want to cancel my order. So who makes a good plate for a g17 mos for rmr footprint.

• Haha
Reactions: Huskydriver
Came very close to getting their plate for my M18 but was somewhat frustrated by their use of a Glock rear sight and a Sig front sight. Found Bobro Engineering with a built-in rear sight at suppressor/co-witness height and they even had a recommendation for a front sight height. Easy. The thing fit like a glove, borderline interference fit, literally perfect. Had it all up and running in three days including shipping.

Reactions: raider1v1 and lash