• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Christensen Arms MPR

Shura

Private
Minuteman
Jun 2, 2018
I’m looking for a new long-distance affordable hunting gun as well as target shooting. Has anyone looked into Christianson arms MPR platform in a 6.5 Creedmoor.

For roughly the same price you can have an MPA full build in 6.5 that comes on one of the greatest chassis with a real custom action and a 3/8 MOA guarantee. PM me for links and I’ll send them your way if you’re interested. There is a thread on here about the MPR, I personally wouldn’t touch one for the price, I’d snag an MPA. My $.02

Last edited:
I have one and like mine. I also have several customs. Mine is mostly for hunting as I wanted something light but had same ergos as my competition guns, which are ARs or in chassis.

Mine is the 22" model and shoots right around .5 MOA with handloads or factory Hornady. I've heard several people having good luck with the 22" model but haven't seen anything impressive from the 26".

Mine will pretty much be strictly hunting as I prefer a heavier gun for target shooting. Mine comes in right under 10 pounds with optic.

I didn't really think much about the hunting aspect of it as I sometimes carry and AXMC with me to hunt, even in the mountains. However, KY gun co has the "lite" version of the MPA in stock as well and its cheaper than the MPR. I don't know the exact weight as the word "lite" is subjective, but that's where I would put my coin.

Lenny has a proven hammer of an MPR as you can see in the recently resurrected thread where people are complaining about MPR accuracy issues. He provided a real world accuracy report, not a cherry picked and unrepeatable single group that has become the internet standard for an accuracy guarantee. So it seems they do have some great shooters in the field, of the 22' variety anyway. However, the others with issues could very well be more of an Indian problem than the arrow, but I like to give people on this site the benefit of the doubt. I will end with this, try to find a thread where people are complaining about accuracy or customer service from Phil/MPA, there is nothing worse than dropping hard earned cash on something and then being dissatisfied with said purchase.....besides dick cancer!

SHURA, I have one in 24" and absolutely love it. I haven't done load development so I can't speak to that, but by fall I will. Factory ELD Match 140 are able to easily do 1/2 MOA all day at 100yard ( if i remember Ill snap a pic of a couple i did two weeks ago). 147 seems to give me a flyer on 4th or 5th round, both at 100 yards. Funny, first 40 rounds were average, then all of a sudden BOOM!!!!! Does what I want and more.

Has anyone else ordered and/or received a long action MPR? From info relayed to me by a buddy who asked then, Christensen apparently started shipping the long action sometime last week. Anyone get theirs yet?