• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Christensen Ridgeline vs Bergara Premier Highlander

Bergara Premier Highlander vs Christensen Arms Ridgeline

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Focusrs22

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Sep 18, 2018
Looking at obtaining new long range shooting/occasional hunting rifle in 6.5PRC. Looking more for accuracy out to about 500 yards. Would rarely shoot beyond that unless just target and still not beyond 1000. I can reload so ammo availability isn’t huge factor. Really not wanting to spend 5-6k on custom rig at this time so looking closely at Bergara Highlander vs Christensen Ridgeback or Traverse. Has anyone shot both. Any other recommendations for excellent quality gun just shy of custom. Really don’t want to spend more than $2500-3000. This will be gun only as already have glass. Will attempt to post poll below. Thanks for any input you can provide.

Reactions: 338dude
Go custom since u said target shooting/some hunting, non carbon fiber
Bighorn orgin or similar action $900
Prefit barrel $450-650
Stock 350-1200 lots of varieties
Trigger-200
Even at highest dollar $2950
Given your dollar amount it fits
U will be happier and get what you want
Just my opinion

Do you have a weight or feature requirement? What type of hunting? What critters?

cant speak to the two products listed but for $3k you could have an incredible rifle built, just won’t have all the bells/whistles (fluting, coating)

DMR rifles does a “twenty nine fifty” rifle build. Essentially an entry level custom build. I’ve only heard good things about those guys. Actually have them building me a shorty 6.5 creed right now that’ll hopefully be here soon. That 2950 would be my vote for a $3,000 ish limit. I had a Bergara B14 HMR a while back and it was great. But I sold it and went the custom route on a couple builds and I’m glad I did. Also had a Christensen Mesa in 7mag, and again I sold it and went custom. I know you didn’t mention either one of those models, but overall I’d have decent things to say about those two companies. But at this point from my experience, I say go custom if you can. Or build one out using an action that accepts pre fits like some of the other dudes have mentioned.

Reactions: Focusrs22
DMR rifles does a “twenty nine fifty” rifle build. Essentially an entry level custom build. I’ve only heard good things about those guys. Actually have them building me a shorty 6.5 creed right now that’ll hopefully be here soon. That 2950 would be my vote for a $3,000 ish limit. I had a Bergara B14 HMR a while back and it was great. But I sold it and went the custom route on a couple builds and I’m glad I did. Also had a Christensen Mesa in 7mag, and again I sold it and went custom. I know you didn’t mention either one of those models, but overall I’d have decent things to say about those two companies. But at this point from my experience, I say go custom if you can. Or build one out using an action that accepts pre fits like some of the other dudes have mentioned.

Thanks for all the advice guys! I appreciate it! Pondering custom decision in building custom if I can’t have exactly what I want without spending $5k. I’ll def check out DMR for this $2950 build though!

Reactions: JGunns and 338dude
Do you have a weight or feature requirement? What type of hunting? What critters?

cant speak to the two products listed but for $3k you could have an incredible rifle built, just won’t have all the bells/whistles (fluting, coating)
Doesn’t have to be super light as in 6lb but don’t want 10 lb rifle either. Want to keep in 7.5 range so I can carry it through the hills if I decide to. Thanks! Will be some deer hunting, occasional caribou. Needs to be all around “can do it” gun.

Reactions: 338dude
Have you looked into Seekins Havak PH2. I did a lot of research comparing this against Ridgeline and ended up getting Seekins in 6.5 PRC

Have you looked into Seekins Havak PH2. I did a lot of research comparing this against Ridgeline and ended up getting Seekins in 6.5 PRC
I have looked at it. At this time I’m strongly considering paying a little more and going w TS Customs. Buy once cry once!