• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision CIVL, (civilian ATPIAL/PEQ15) pics/info

RustedAce

Private
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2010
TNVC has had me looking around shot for the latest and greatest low light, no light gear, and here is something VERY interesting. Inisght just got these out at their booth, will be uploading lots of pics and info.

Release, around 2nd quarter of this year.
Price, target is around 500$
Takes 1 AA
Takes Doctor/Insight MRDs.

2nrzmme.jpg

mljpra.jpg

2wqcvur.jpg

6r3o86.jpg

Re: CIVL, (civilian ATPIAL/PEQ15) pics/info

We will be getting samples shortly and running the unit through its paces. The unit is about 1" shorter than the full up restricted unit.

A very welcomed addition.

Vic

Damm all this shot show stuff looks like I will spend lots of money this year. I really like this model price around 500 and I will own one also

Any thoughts on why they left out the illuminator?

Actually not much effectiveness with illumination at.7mW when you start opening up the beam width.

But the real reason is this unit was actually built for a Mil contract and specs called out specially in what we see here.

Hope this helps.

Vic

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Victor-TNVC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But the real reason is this unit was actually built for a Mil contract and specs called out specially in what we see here.</div></div>

What platform and application would be aided with a open frame rds on a vis/IR pointer? Dumb question fer sure but I guess I'm not that imaginative...

Nothing dumb about it at all.
smile.gif

For several years now the Mil has spec'd double and triple redundancy with back up sights.

We saw this years ago with our SAR and also our MURLM in which CRANE direct wanted to see options.

Vic

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: justpete</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Victor-TNVC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But the real reason is this unit was actually built for a Mil contract and specs called out specially in what we see here.</div></div>

What platform and application would be aided with a open frame rds on a vis/IR pointer? Dumb question fer sure but I guess I'm not that imaginative... </div></div>

Some of the SBR and Sub-compact platforms (like the H&K MP7) have requirements for the smaller, lighter components, like this. The MRDS augmentation contract, to the SOPMOD Block, was designed to get a small, back-up sight into the system and, available for mounting on a lot of different platforms. This setup could also be used for short-range, pinpoint fires with our compact grenade launchers, too.

Sweet cant wait, ill be ordering asap, are you guys going to have these available?

Looks good. It'd be nice if us regular folks could be trusted with higher power IR lasers. I mean, we already have "assault rifles" might as well make them cool as shit.

I want in also. Credit card is in hand already..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Victor-TNVC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Should have more info next week.

Vic </div></div>

Any updates on these? When do you think they'll be available for purchase?

+1 glad to see they are putting this out. Any idea how much these units weigh?

Final pricing still not set. Also just informed from L3 today, end of March/beginning of April these should start shipping.

Vic

"co-aligned Infra red and visible aiming lasers"

it is in the product write up.

"co-aligned Infra red and visible aiming lasers"

it is in the product write up.

"co-aligned" - missed that, thanks!

These guys are 8mi from my front door, but I don't get the facts & rumors any quicker here...

Just got off the phone with L3 Insight customer service and i was told that these units will not be for sale to civilians.

It is there policy that an any IR device they sell will be fore LE or MIL sales only.

so unless there customer service rep doesnt know their ass from a hole in the ground, it sounds like all us civilians can shit-can this idea.

call em' up your self, the number is listed on the flyer pictured above.

sure would like to have one.

Just got off the phone with L3 Insight customer service and i was told that these units will not be for sale to civilians.

It is there policy that an any IR device they sell will be fore LE or MIL sales only.

so unless there customer service rep doesnt know their ass from a hole in the ground, it sounds like all us civilians can shit-can this idea.

call em' up your self, the number is listed on the flyer pictured above.

sure would like to have one.

I really hope you are right about the L3 employee not knowing their ass from a hole in the ground. I don't know why they would even bother making this laser for LE/Military when they already have access to the high power stuff. Hopefully the guys from TNVC can shed some light on this.

...sure would like to have one.

Not if they're going to behave like that I wouldn't. I'll keep giving my money to LDI, who's been helping out civilians since Day 1.

Hopefully just an ignorant employee unaware of the new product and just giving the default line for the old stuff. I could see that being an easy mistake to make.

its a civilian "safe" version. but very similar... my sources say dealers will have demo's by late April.

Yeah, no doubt a real PEQ-15 would be better, but I can't buy those. The Class 1 stuff isn't ideal, but it beats putting a PVS-14 behind an Aimpoint. I'm glad to see someone is finally going to put one out with the Vis/IR beams slaved. LDI has one too, but there's isn't offset so you can't put it on a top rail behind a front sight post, and it costs $200 more. Not a huge problem, but if this one's going to be available it looks like a better setup at a better price.

All a moot point if Insight isn't gonna sell it to civilians, which I'm really thinking must have been a miscommunication. Makes no sense to even produce this thing otherwise. Anyone have any further information on that?

talk'd with a dealer i know, the rep did miscommunicate it to me... my contact will have some by end of april.

I still think that the EOLAD is the better choice, all be it more expensive. Anyone who has used the PEQ2 or 15 know that you are always having to reglue the laser cover tabs back onto the body of the device. And the rubber strips break off a lot. As for mounting a small red dot on the device, it is interesting. But if I am going to use a red dot and a laser device (all in one) I think the better choice would be to spend the extra money on the EOLAD. If you are not LEO or Military then you can still get it with the green laser for around $1400.

HotAirBalloonInstructor: Yes, it is IR. It will be roughly equivalent to using a PEQ-15 on the low intensity setting, with no high intensity capability.

DM Graham: I've never used an EOLAD, it just always struck me as a good-idea-fairy piece. Maybe I'm wrong. Don't really care about the pattern generators or other covers, I'm not going to be using them on a class 1 laser anyway. Also, not sure how a Green Beam EOLAD is relevant in a discussion about IR lasers. There is a Class 1 EOLAD if that's your bag though.

Victor,
I'll be buying a PVS-14, one of these, and some thermal imager from you this year. I return from deployment in December. Is it best to order now or when I return?

Victor,
I'll be buying a PVS-14, one of these, and some thermal imager from you this year. I return from deployment in December. Is it best to order now or when I return?

Getting more official information on our L3 units, but the rest of the gear, your choice when you want to order, but since you're not returning till December, I would hold off due to warranty times. Likely rare, but always good to have and extra 7-8 months on a warranty since you will be gone and not using any of the gear. Thanks Brother.

Vic