• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Clarus pro

swede69

Private
Minuteman
Dec 27, 2007
anyone using these noise cancelling hearing protection headset? what do you think for range use?

Yes.. been playing with one these for about 6 months. I really like it. The 2 main reasons I switched from a commtac: I usually use comms with the guys I shoot with and I was tired of a full blown headset up against the rifle stock.. The difference in "brain squeeze" after a few hours is worth it alone. As far as the unit itself, it's compact and seems to be built well. You can clip it on your shirt/jacket/chest rig or just stuff it a pocket. It comes with multiple size foamies to "fit most". The hear-thru has four levels of audio volume from conversation level to holy shit I heard a mouse fart at 200yds..
It cuts out rifle noise as good as any other electronic gizmo I've tried. A few cons, depending on the user.. having wires all over you.. if you're not using comms, then it's just earbuds. Add comms, add another cable. No biggie for me. Some may not like that. It uses a single AAA, and burns them up QUICK.
The sticker shock is a bit of an ouch. I think Bison Tactical has the for $249 (iirc) all in all, I really like it. It's my primary shooting gizmo now. I hear there are some new models coming from Silynx too.

Hey, we sell these ! I have heard great things about them, I haven't personally used them, but a couple my employees have as well as some of my customers. Most guys really seem to love them, and Graeme just wrote up a blog post about them (sort of a mini-review) here:

https://www.bisontactical.com/blogs/news/silynx-clarus-pro-in-ear-active-hearing-protection

I will say they seem really well build (metal housing) and the control unit is pretty small which is a nice difference from most other units. If your nearby you can always stop by and check them out, or give us a call during normal business hours and talk to Graeme about them.

I was one of the guys to use the Clarus Pros, I really think that they are worth it. No bulky headset while shouldering a rifle, the multiple levels of hear thru are great for fine tuning how much background amplification you need, the only downside I found was when plugging the unit into your phone, the audio was hampered by what i believe was a bad aux cable.