• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CMMG banshee 45 or palmetto akv9

Tactical trashcan

Fish On!
Minuteman
May 17, 2020
Nevada
Neither are technically a rifle, just didn’t see much in the pistol thread about any pistol caliber carbines. I wanted an akv9 but they seem impossible to get. Haven’t seen one on their site, been checking for months, theY won’t do pre orders, and I have it set up to notify me when they are in stock, but haven’t gotten any alerts that there are any ever. Was thinking CMMG banshee maybe, I love hk and have usp 40c, vp9 with some upgrades, and an hk45 tactical od green v7 lem with hk parts mag extenders, but the prices for USC 45 to UMP 45 Conversion or a mp5 are a little steep for me. Was possibly contemplating the POF mp5 clone, but it’s still a clone not a legit Hk mp5. Anybody have any experience with the cmmg banshee in 45 acp or any other caliber for that matter, Fired any other pcc guns to compare it to etc... I can’t find a whole lot about them from actual owners, some YouTube videos, but they seem biased to me. Just wondering about real world impressions from actual people who paid for one with their own had earned cash. Or should I just say forget the pcc and get a tavor 7? Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.

I have a cmmg guard in 9mm and 45 acp as well as a banshee in 45. My intent with the banshee was to sbr it and put a suppressor on it. Both eform1. I just haven’t filled out the paperwork yet. Until I suppress the banshee it won’t get used much. With the muzzle that close to you face it’s very loud. I knew it would be when I bought it hence whyI want to suppress it. With that said it is a great running pistol. I’ve used cheap Winchester white box ammo and some of my reloads and no hiccups. Cmmg makes nice stuff. I haven’t had to use their customer service but I understand it’s quite good.

With that said......my lgs has a few Tavor 7s. I’m trying not to go look as I will most likely walk out with one. 😈

Thank you ChadL for the feedback very much. I could always get the longer barrel instead of the shortest one they got, that’s great news to hear they are good running pistols. Especially given the price. I have two 300 blk pistols one pretty nice home build with a noveske barrel and elftmann trigger, just can’t shoot it now with ammo so scarce/ pricey for the 300blk and the case of Barnes TacTx 120 grain I got is now non existent in stores and wouldn’t want to waste it on paper. How is the recoil on that 45, does it really shoot as soft as they say? Would you recommend the 9 instead? Just like the idea of a really heavy grain projectile if I needed to use it in the house for home defense or in my vehicle. Then again I love my Tavor SAR IDF and really got a lot of 308 stashed away, ha. Hard to not want that 7 right about now too! Thanks again for the info.

Thank you ChadL for the feedback very much. I could always get the longer barrel instead of the shortest one they got, that’s great news to hear they are good running pistols. Especially given the price. I have two 300 blk pistols one pretty nice home build with a noveske barrel and elftmann trigger, just can’t shoot it now with ammo so scarce/ pricey for the 300blk and the case of Barnes TacTx 120 grain I got is now non existent in stores and wouldn’t want to waste it on paper. How is the recoil on that 45, does it really shoot as soft as they say? Would you recommend the 9 instead? Just like the idea of a really heavy grain projectile if I needed to use it in the house for home defense or in my vehicle. Then again I love my Tavor SAR IDF and really got a lot of 308 stashed away, ha. Hard to not want that 7 right about now too! Thanks again for the info.

The 45 is very soft shooting. I was quite surprised at how soft. The only reason I would recommend the 9 over the 45 is ammo cost, if that’s a concern. If you reload the 9 can be very inexpensive to shoot. They’re both super fun to shoot.

I’m bouncing back and forth between the PSA and the Kalashnikov. The Kalashnikov seems to be easier to find and I bet the price has something to do with it.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

personally i think the AKV is a bit over priced....its a $750-800 gun at most.

honestly i would save a bit more and buy a PTR 9c

I will check those out too!

AKOU on YouTube just did a comparison. Seems like he was leaning towards the PSA.

PSA spooks me a little bit right now with as busy as they are. I have in stock notifications for the PSA, but I’m not sure I’d jump on one right now.

personally i think the AKV is a bit over priced....its a $750-800 gun at most.

honestly i would save a bit more and buy a PTR 9c

Everything AK is overpriced, especially right now. I was hoping PSA was going to change that somewhat, but the virus, riots and upcoming election have killed any chance of that in the near term.

Thank you much for the video link Rumblestrip, definitely informative!!! Everything in general is overpriced, I am set up for notification when one of the akv9’s with alg trigger group comes in stock but nothing so far, everything I have read and watched On the akv has been glowing reviews. Garand Thumb was grinning ear to ear about it, I enjoy his entertainment factor in his videos as well. $900 isn’t overly excessive but I agree that palmetto has horrible customer service response, I like their products so far, but very concerning when you cannot get a decent response in a reasonable timeframe. Man who doesn’t want a legit MP5 though L, love their stuff, even if just for the nostalgia factor right! I am an HK fan through and through as well, and every time I see them go up against Other stuff with the MP5 it’s always shining at the end. Just hard to swallow the price for a 9mm, even the clones. I could get an akv and still be more than halfway to getting a Tavor 7 as well, and hk mags are not cheap! What a pickle to be putting myself into, ha and once again everyone for all the responses, the snipershide family is so great to be a part of, and everyone is always informative and so helpful as always. Great group on here, cannot stress that enough!